• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I honestly tried the backsprite, and I could not get the back side to be as curvy as it needed to be no matter how hard I tried. Eventually I was just like, "ugh, eff it." and made scribbles all over it. So, yeah, that's probably one of the few backsprites I won't be able to do ;-;

EDIT: Oh wait, I almost have it now >_> Awkward... Gimme like 10 more minutes and it'll be finished

EDIT 2: SEALO GREEN IS IN THE HOUSE

... I mean yeah, I got it. Guess it takes two hours past midnight to make a sprite work. Viola!

Bxbwfvh.png

Awwww yiss ^^ that's how you tackle a region, y'all.
Already accepted and sheet-ified.

Did someone do Walrein yet? I think not...
L79LTqI.png
1bKzaLH.png

Took me a half hour. xD

EDIT: Please excuse me, I didn't use the front sprite from the Master Sheet. So you need to recolor the front sprite to the right palette.
11bayerf1 already did Walrein but that's okay, cause I think I like your better, and I haven't sheet-ified it.

Here's my Hoenn contribution. I'm obviously not as good as pjbottomz or 11bayerf1, but I try q.q

sharpedo_zps15f8c5d3.png
It's fine, accepted.

Sooooooo I've been doing not a lot lately, and noticed that since you've opened this project up again, you're getting quite a few submissions. I figured it might be helpful for people to not waste time on things so I decided to just zip my whole sprite folder since I honestly have no idea what you have and haven't seen. Here is a zip of everything I have (25.5 MB compressed lol). There are a few things that I did that wouldn't really fit with this, like my Dnite and Golurk, but whatever. Also some of the folders are empty and just place holders but meh.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5655198/New%20Sprites.zip
Enjoy

Edit: Also don't pull stuff from the from the full sheets for gens 1-3 because some of that was pulled from hacks without permission like 2 plus years ago when I started working on this. I think they're DrFuji's from Lilac and I wasn't originally intending to share stuff.
Well, thanks, but there's not really anything I can use from there that you haven't already given me. I've already completed all of Gen IV and V in its entirety.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Here's my Hoenn contribution. I'm obviously not as good as pjbottomz or 11bayerf1, but I try q.q

sharpedo_zps15f8c5d3.png

They're a totally different colour :S Will you fix the palette on the backsprite Chaos? In the Sugimori art it has a very dark blue body.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
They're a totally different colour :S Will you fix the palette on the backsprite Chaos? In the Sugimori art it has a very dark blue body.

Chaos always fixes the palette lol. I don't see why you'd think he wouldn't.

Anyway here's some backsprites. I haven't bothered with front sprites for some of them
because they don't realllly need resizing eg. Meditite, Clamperl, Corphish, Baltoy and Possibly
Swalot. The others I just haven't gotten around to yet.

Clamperl is the only one that hasn't been recoloured because it's quite odd imo, I'm not sure
how you want to shade it.

Spoiler:

Did someone do Walrein yet? I think not...
11bayerf1 already did Walrein but that's okay, cause I think I like your better, and I haven't sheet-ified it.

Also just looking at those Walrein sprites, the back is definitely better than my one so use that.
The front though, isnt resized horizontally and vertically by the same ratio.
The sprite is 64x61 when it should be 64x60.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
There's nothing wrong with dreamengine's submission. I'm the one who's supposed to do the recoloring. In fact, I would prefer it if people just left the backsprites in their HG/SS colors, because when they try to color it to the palettes I chose for the front sprites, they tend to do it wrong/incomplete, which takes more work for me to fix rather than just recolor from scratch.

Ugh, I hope no one did this before. xD
1kjhb3r.png
Accepted.

Anyway here's some backsprites. I haven't bothered with front sprites for some of them
because they don't realllly need resizing eg. Meditite, Clamperl, Corphish, Baltoy and Possibly
Swalot. The others I just haven't gotten around to yet.

Clamperl is the only one that hasn't been recoloured because it's quite odd imo, I'm not sure
how you want to shade it.

Spoiler:
Accepted. Also for future reference, leave the sprites in their HG/SS colors because that just makes it easier for me to color them right, and also I noticed on your Dusclops backsprite that you changed the outline/shading on its "head-tail" thingy, please don't do that. All I want is a smaller, cleaned up version of the HG/SS backsprite, I don't want an "improved" sprite, because then it takes me more time to change them back to how they're supposed to be.

lol I resized horizontally and vertically by the same ratio.
I don't know why that happens.
I think it's because we're all using different programs or something, idk. Besides, I took Walrein's B/W sprite and resized it at 93%, and it aligned perfectly with your sprite. Rizon's sprite is just fine.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Accepted. Also for future reference, leave the sprites in their HG/SS colors because that just makes it easier for me to color them right, and also I noticed on your Dusclops backsprite that you changed the outline/shading on its "head-tail" thingy, please don't do that. All I want is a smaller, cleaned up version of the HG/SS backsprite, I don't want an "improved" sprite, because then it takes me more time to change them back to how they're supposed to be.

I think it's because we're all using different programs or something, idk. Besides, I took Walrein's B/W sprite and resized it at 93%, and it aligned perfectly with your sprite. Rizon's sprite is just fine.

Alrighty, I'll keep them in the HG/SS colors then. Okay got it.

Must be the programs then. What are you using? Just so when making them in future they'll
all align in the same way.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
If it's any consolation, I use Paint XP, which I'm pretty sure Chaos is using too. Maybe there's a resizing difference between Paint XP and MS Paint, if any of you are using that?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alrighty, I'll keep them in the HG/SS colors then. Okay got it.

Must be the programs then. What are you using? Just so when making them in future they'll
all align in the same way.
I'm using the Windows Vista version of Paint (even though I'm running Windows 7, there's a way to get it on there).

Some more problems I noticed with your sprites:
*Medicham is still disproportionate, I hardly see any difference from your original Medicham sprite. So I made my own.
*You did Tropius completely wrong. If I take the B/W Tropius sprite and shrink the body so that it aligns with your Tropius, I can clearly see that you significantly shortened the wings just to make it fit. By doing so, that would make Tropius disproportionate to the original sprite...
*I can't use Medicham's backsprite because you used the 2nd frame. I don't recall ever saying I wanted the 2nd frame resized.

If it's any consolation, I use Paint XP, which I'm pretty sure Chaos is using too. Maybe there's a resizing difference between Paint XP and MS Paint, if any of you are using that?
I'm using the version of Paint that comes only with Windows Vista (even though I'm running Windows 7, there's a way to get it on there, just search on Google).

Here's the differences:

Paint (Windows XP and lower):
*overall gets the job done

Paint (Windows Vista):
*mostly the same as previous version
*much better zooming options
*overall the best program for spriting, in my opinion

Paint (Windows 7):
*a horrible program that should never be used for spriting because it sucks so horribly and it sucks so much that there's a special place reserved for it in hell because it sucks so bad

EDIT: btw guys if anyone is going to do Swablu, please don't cause I already did it lol. And no one is allowed to do Mewtwo except me, because Mewtwo is the mascot of my hack, so it should make sense that I should be the one to do Mewtwo lololol

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I may have to try that Vista Paint, although Paint XP still pretty much does it.

btw guys if anyone is going to do Swablu, please don't cause I already did it lol.

I hate you ;-;

gxrPKGX.png
nuoK43X.png

I didn't even see your post until recently, and I had already spent all day on Swablu. Hurray for wasted labor.

htaDos7.png

But I did do Cacnea. Interestingly, the front sprite had the exact same pose and the older Gen III sprite, only missing by one pixel. I didn't resize the front due to that.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Paint (Windows 7):
*a horrible program that should never be used for spriting because it sucks so horribly and it sucks so much that there's a special place reserved for it in hell because it sucks so bad

I blame that for my bad sprites jk lol no I just suck.

swellow_zpsf2087905.png

Friggin Tailow's back sprite beak made me give up so just Swellow :c

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I may have to try that Vista Paint, although Paint XP still pretty much does it.

I hate you ;-;

gxrPKGX.png
nuoK43X.png

I didn't even see your post until recently, and I had already spent all day on Swablu. Hurray for wasted labor.

htaDos7.png

But I did do Cacnea. Interestingly, the front sprite had the exact same pose and the older Gen III sprite, only missing by one pixel. I didn't resize the front due to that.
(Cacnea sprite accepted)

It took you all day to do Swablu? It took me less than 30 minutes. You should probably try out the Vista Paint then, cause it might make a difference... also here's my Swablu, use it for comparison (the backsprite):
358_zpsc1bab949.png

Yeah, so I decided to use the Platinum/HG/SS sprite instead because, since B/W Altaria sprite didn't need to be resized, B/W Swablu would have had to been resized due to its wide stance, but I felt like it's just wrong to resize the pre-evolution but not resize the evolution. So I just used the Pt/HG/SS sprite instead, that way both Swablu and Altaria don't have resized front sprites.

Also, to keep with consistency of my past postings, here are sprites in which I did the front sprite:
363_zps24da0689.png

(credit to Rizon for backsprite)
The reason why I shrunk Roselia despite the B/W sprite being essentially the same size as the R/S/E one is because 1) Roselia is supposed to be a tiny Pokemon, 2) I shrunk Budew and Roserade's sprites similarly, so I have to make Roselia fit in as a middle-evolution Pokemon

362_zps4d916f22.png

(credit to 11bayerf1 for the backsprite)
@11bayerf1: This is my Dusclops front sprite. Notice how the proportions are exactly the same as the B/W sprite. This is how I want sprites to be resized.

In addition to these Pokemon, I have also added Shuppet, Banette, Sealeo, Walrein, and Camerupt, none of which the front sprites were done by me, and were done thanks to you wonderful contributors.

I blame that for my bad sprites jk lol no I just suck.

swellow_zpsf2087905.png

Friggin Tailow's back sprite beak made me give up so just Swellow :c
Accepted.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
The all-day thing means that I did the front sprite at 9 am this morning and then did the backsprite shortly before I posted :P I think the only difference between our sprites is that your's has pointier wings, but you already made the sheet so there's no real point for my sprites anyway lol.

But anyway ERMEHGERD I love Gulpin and Shuppet and Banette, they're so beautiful *o*

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
I'm using the Windows Vista version of Paint (even though I'm running Windows 7, there's a way to get it on there).

Some more problems I noticed with your sprites:
*Medicham is still disproportionate, I hardly see any difference from your original Medicham sprite. So I made my own.
*You did Tropius completely wrong. If I take the B/W Tropius sprite and shrink the body so that it aligns with your Tropius, I can clearly see that you significantly shortened the wings just to make it fit. By doing so, that would make Tropius disproportionate to the original sprite...
*I can't use Medicham's backsprite because you used the 2nd frame. I don't recall ever saying I wanted the 2nd frame resized.

I'm using the version of Paint that comes only with Windows Vista (even though I'm running Windows 7, there's a way to get it on there, just search on Google).

Hrm Medicham I just resized at 96%, but never mind. I didn't realise I'd used the second frame, I just take them from the sheet on spriters resource, must have picked up the wrong one by mistake. I'll fix that.
As for Tropius I made that sprite awhile ago so I'd forgotten that I'd done that. I've redone it now.

Spoiler:

I'll edit this post in the future to add the Medicham back, and then the fronts for some fossils.
I've also downdated to Windows Vista paint, and I like that so much better. I'd been using Photoshop because I hated Windows 7 paint so much. This is much easier for spriting thanks for that!

Medicham's Back:
Spoiler:

New Sprites:
Spoiler:

Also I noticed that Dreamengine's Feraligatr wasn't accepted, so I made one, just so that set can be finished.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
I did these yesterday and forgot to upload. xD
RosTMqz.png
R50kLQs.png

I'd already done Scizor. You may want to look through my posts just to see which ones I've done.
We'll see which one Chaos likes more its not a problem in that sense as it looks perfectly fine as well, its just I guess it would probably be more useful to do ones that have been done already (unless they're not accepted that is).

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I'd already done Scizor. You may want to look through my posts just to see which ones I've done.
We'll see which one Chaos likes more its not a problem in that sense as it looks perfectly fine as well, its just I guess it would probably be more useful to do ones that have been done already (unless they're not accepted that is).
Oh, I ought to read the whole thread before doing sprites.
Yours might be better than mine, let's see.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
What you have and what people are making are different then I guess. Cause I've had a full Duskull line, front and back, for about six months. So like i said, there is stuff in there that I never posted to my thread on Nuz, and definitely a lot of stuff other people here haven't seen. It wasn't so much a post for you as it was all the new helpers.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2013
I don't know if this will be any help,but i resized scyther's front sprite,also sorry for not using the one from the master sheet,so you probably will have to change the pallete
Note : Chaos i will send them on PM,cause it doesn't let me put images

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hrm Medicham I just resized at 96%, but never mind. I didn't realise I'd used the second frame, I just take them from the sheet on spriters resource, must have picked up the wrong one by mistake. I'll fix that.
As for Tropius I made that sprite awhile ago so I'd forgotten that I'd done that. I've redone it now.

Spoiler:

I'll edit this post in the future to add the Medicham back, and then the fronts for some fossils.
I've also downdated to Windows Vista paint, and I like that so much better. I'd been using Photoshop because I hated Windows 7 paint so much. This is much easier for spriting thanks for that!

Medicham's Back:
Spoiler:

New Sprites:
Spoiler:

Also I noticed that Dreamengine's Feraligatr wasn't accepted, so I made one, just so that set can be finished.
Spoiler:
*I've already done my own Tropius
*I've already done my own Medicham back
*Personally I think Armaldo looks a bit too small, what percentage did you resize it at? If I take the Armaldo sprite from the master sheet and resize it at 88%, it still fits in 64x64, yet somehow manages to look bigger than your sprite
*there's a smoothness error on Cradily's head, and the tentacle things just look kinda weird to me
*Mantine sprites accepted
*Feraligatr sprite accepted

I did these yesterday and forgot to upload. xD
RosTMqz.png
R50kLQs.png
Both accepted.

I don't know if this will be any help,but i resized scyther's front sprite,also sorry for not using the one from the master sheet,so you probably will have to change the pallete
Note : Chaos i will send them on PM,cause it doesn't let me put images
Sorry, but you used the HG/SS sprite, and the Master Sheet clearly has the B/W sprite of Scyther on it. And there are way too many problems with your outlines, it looks like you did a really rush job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back