• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia had heard Sheinja were rather strange pokemon and Mark's explanation just seemed to confirm that theory to her. For a while it was quiet then the Poliwhirl Mark had began to pull at his pants and pointed at Diana. Apparently
Diana wanted to battle the water type and it seemed that his pokemon wanted to battle as well.

Lucia smiled and nodded eagerly, "Sure! We have enough time I suppose."

She got up and picked up Diana who wiggled about in her arms. "I'll tear you asunder and hit you into next week!" She shouted at Len as Lucia walked back out and put her down on the ground gently.

Tyro of course walked out after her as did Samuel. Roberto made sure to stay right behind her and keep any pesky ghosts away. Diana clawed at the ground, "Come on! Fight me now! No stalling!"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Challange accepted it seemed. Diana seemed like a feisty Pokemon and looked extremely eager to fight Len. This was the perfect chance to test out his strategy, even though it may be a bit overkill with this typing advantage... nonetheless, they had class to get to, so maybe getting it over with would be better for both of them. Dragging out a battle with this strategy was risky.

As Lucia and her pokemon walked out the door, Mark prepared Len for the upcoming battle. He reached into his bag and got out a pouch with a few berries in them, He gave Len a Lum Berry.

"Alright Len. Just follow my lead. As soon as I tell you to rest, use that berry." Mark said. Len nodded in agreement and took the berry. Len already knew how this technique worked beforehand.

Eventually Mark followed Lucia outside. Len heard Diana mention not to stall. May as well give the girl what she wants.

"Alright Len, let's make this quick then. Use Belly Drum!" Mark said. Len pounded on his belly several times with his hands, which of course weakened him about halfway, but maxamized his attack power. Mark didn't know if Lucia even knew what the ability did, but either way, he had a good feeling about this.

Len finished belly drum and started to pant a bit. "Phew... well comon then. Bring it on." Len said. He had several moves that would take out Diana easily. Maybe he could stretch out the battle a bit before using something over powered. He was afraid he'd hurt her really baddly with his maximized attack power.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Cafeteria
------------------------------

"Yeah, Togepis are pretty neat!" Maxwell smiled as he looked at the egg for a moment, "However I don't really know much about them aside from that they usually interpret the first person they see as their mother... Also they have that happy-go-lucky personality all the time." He said and started to think more about the Pokémon Genevieve had been talking about. So Deerling was its name? Sounded like a pretty interesting Pokémon, he'd have to check it out with her later. As for now, he was craving food!

"Well, I'm not sure actually..." He responded at Genevieve's question about what food he would take, "I think," he began, choosing the words with great care, "I'm gonna' have some yoghurt and some cereal and some bread, nothing too fancy. Besides, it's gonna' be one heck of an order once again with all my Pokémon wanting something. Speaking of which," he said and let out his other Pokémon, "What do you guys want?"

"SWINUB!"(PANCAKES!) Wilson exclaimed. He was at his hungriest in the mornings. He was so hungry tht even one of the legs of the tables seemed asty to him.

"Quilava."(Roasted veggies please.) Quillie said without further thought to the subject.

"Tympole?"(Do they have seaweed?) Katam asked curiously as he flopped around on the floor.

"Quilava!"(Be resonable, of course they don't!) Quillie said to Katam in an annoyed tone. Upon hearing this, the Tympole became conflicted. He didn't know what to get then, which he stated in a sad voice.

Slackey just wanted a banana as usual and Hugin demanded the finest seeds from the finest Sitrus Plants! Of course he did so in a very dramatical voice. The Togepi-Egg said nothing. It just sat there in its glassed container without even moving an inch.

Maxwell nodded at everyone's request for breakfast, making sure that he had memorized everything. He then suggested that they went to take a table. After a while of looking around they found a moderatly-sized table to sit at and made their way over there. Maxwell put down the Egg-Case and asked both Hugin and Slackey to jump off for a second so that he could rest his head and shoulder for a moment. While resting, he suggested that Genevieve would go to get her food first.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Sage Smith
Classroom

Sage looked up and glanced around the classroom. There were already a few people sitting in the desks and after a few minutes the last student entered and took a seat. It seemed everyone had arrived, and right on time too. "Good Morning Students" he said standing up in front of the class. "Welcome to Usage of Berries and Poffin Making. I'm your instructor, Mr. Sage Smith" he said looking around with a smile, having to make himself keep it in place when he spotted the boy he had seen the night before with his sister. "Today we will be going over Poffin Basics. You'll learn the basics about how to make poffins, and the ingredients that go into them. You will then choose a Pokemon to sample one of the Poffins I have on my desk before we have a little contest, now first question, In your words What is a Poffin?"

Rosalyn Smith
Classroom

Rosalyn smiled to herself as she entered the classroom. It seemed like the only person in the room was the teacher who was setting up a projector along with his lesson plans. "Good Morning Sir" she said politely and sat down in a desk at the front of the classroom. She saw she still had time left before class started, especially since she was the only student in the classroom. With a smile she pulled out her sketchbook and started working on the sketch she had been working on during breakfast, the moment in the battle against her new Horsea where the attacks had caused the explosion that had hurt Jimmy's eyes.

Genevieve Molyneux
Cafeteria

"Your right, they normally do identify the first person they see as their mother. That's part of why Trainers with Togepi, or it's evolved forms have such a strong bond with their Pokemon." she smiled. "And they are very happy-go-lucky, it'll fit perfectly into your team. And there's even this old Proverb I heard back home from a trainer that came from the Johto Region, that happiness will come to someone if they can make a sleeping togepi stand up"

Looking around the Cafeteria she noticed there weren't really that many people there. "that sounds good, but I think I'm gonna have Toast, an Apple, and a latte" she said before grabbing her three Pokeballs and calling out Sapphire, Toto, and Kitty out. Right away Sapphire's eyes landed on Hugin and she glared at him. Genevieve didn't even notice the glare and she pulled out three bowls and put a bit of Pokemon food in each. "eat up guys while I go get my breakfast." she smiled and all three Pokemon dug into their food, but behind her trainers back Sapphire kept sending glares at Hugin. "I'll be right back Maxy" she smiled and kissed his cheek before going to get her toast, apple, and latte. She paid for it and no more than five minutes later she was back at the table sitting down.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru loved being picked in class. He didn't know why, but he felt like a champion when the teacher called on him. Gotta think about what I'm going to say...oh, I got it! A poffin is a tasty cookie like treat made from berries for pokemon by the process of baking and cooking.

"Ooh! Ooh! Pick me Mr. Teacher guy!" Haru didn't take the time to read the teacher's name, and quite frankly didn't want to wait to be called upon. "A poffin is a tasty cookie like treat made from berries for pokemon by the process of baking and cooking!" In his mind, his victorious music started to play. Spoken like a true champion! I am amazing! Holly will love me now! He then realized he was getting carried away...

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

As soon as Len performed Belly Drum Lucia could already see the battle ending. Len would have his attack power maximized greatly and she knew that he knew water moves, but she didn't know what kinds of physical moves he would know. Lucia just thought that Diana would be continuously washed down with water. What Mark had planned she did not know, but she hoped it wasn't too hard hitting.

Still she had to believe in Diana. "Diana, use Iron Head!" She called out.

The Aron cried out as she ran right at Len and lowered her head and ran as fast as she could at the water-type. Her head glowed a light white color as she aimed to ram right into Len's leg.

Lucia saw that Diana at least had a strategical mind in battles. She seemed to be trying to cripple her opponent at least. That was all well and good. At least with this battle she would gain some much needed experience.

Megaman765

Years
Len was head head onto the leg. Being a steel move, it didn't hurt as much as it should have but Len was still worn out from Belly Drum. Time for step two... Once he was hit on the leg, Len tumbled over onto his back.

"Alright Len, Use Rest!" Mark said. Before using rest, Len held the Lum berry in his hand and put it on top of him (or however they eat). After that, he fell into a deep sleep to restore his health. Although immediately after sleeping for a moment, the Lum Berry he has been using woke him up instantly. He jumped up to his feet as if he had just started the battle, only much more stronger.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

As soon as Len fell asleep Lucia could feel some tension in her body. It wasn't that bad. Len was fast asleep. Diana could get in some free shots, maybe even up her defense with her Metal Coat and then-or maybe not. It seemed that Len had been given a Lum berry and before she knew it he was back up and all rested, with high attack power. Lucia cursed in her head. This was it. Well, she could only hope for the best.

"Diana, use Mud-Slap!" She shouted out. The Aron turned around and quickly dug her hind legs into the ground and flung some dirt toward Len's eyes. If she could lower his accuracy in enough time then maybe Diana could have a fighting chance. Hopefully.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Cafeteria
------------------------------

Maxwell laughed loudly when Genevieve saud that a happy-go-lucky Pokémon woukd fit perfectly into his team. She was right after all. Slackey was one of the laziest creatures he had ever seen and his personality wasn't much better. From what he had observed of Katam, the little Pokémon seemed really peaceful with everything as well. And Wilson, while leaning more towards neutral or calm, the Swinub was generally a happy Pokémon as well. It was just Quillie that would need to work on his personality. Although Maxwell doubted that it would ever happen...

Meanwhile, the human girl had sent out her Pokémon. Hugin wasn't actually thrilled to see it, but he was interested in what sorry bunch of losers she had managed to gather. There was a dark-blue monkey, a fox and... A Meowth. Hugin made a small snort of disgust when he saw the feline. Murkrows and Honchkrows were known for taking quite the liking to shiny objects, as did Meowths and their evolved form Persian. So naturally, the two families often tried to rival each other over glimmering treasures and other stuff. But he decided to leave that for lat... Why was that monket glaring at him like that? Unnacceptable! Hugin directed a glare of his own towards the Simipour as well as buffing up his own feathers in an attempt to look bigger and more frightening.

"Honch, Honch! Honchkrow!"(What are you staring at? Look somwhere else, you disturb my peace you failed offspring of a Mankey and a Tangela!) Hugin snapped at Sapphire. Maxwell just sighed,

"Hugin, shut up and stop trying to pick fights. I'm sorry Sapphire, he just suffers from a lot of hubris." The teen explained, recieving a few glares from the Dark/Flying-type himself.

As Genevieve returned to the table, Maxwell got up in order to fetch the food for his Pokémon. He had to go many times to be able to bring all of the different meals to his Pokémon. Wilson got the pancakes in some kind of tower-construction since they were so many, which he happily started to munch on. Quillie just nodded as he recieved his food and started to eat the veggies he got. Slackey lazily ate his banana while Hugin complained that the seeds were not the finest form the finest Sitrus Plant. Maxwell felt bad for poor Katam who hadn't gotten anything, but he had no idea what the tadpole liked. So he decided to ask Genevieve instead,

"Hey, do you know what kind of food Katam's species likes?" Maxwell asked her and held up the Water-type.

Megaman765

Years
As soon as Len woke up, he was treated with a Mud slap to lower his accuracy. This was bound to be a problem if he couldn't land a hit on Diana. One hit with Brick Break or Dig would probobly seriously hurt her at this rate. Mark wasn't interested in ending the battle too soon either. He wanted to at least study what Diana could do incase of a rematch. This wasn't going to hurt Diana much but...

"Len! Use Body Slam!" Mark said, knowing it wasn't going to hurt too much, unless she were to be Paralyzed. Time to see what else she had under her sleeve before...

Len began to talk to Diana during the battle as well as he tried to rub the mud out of his eyes.

"Heh... How you holding up over there? I wanna see what else you can do!" Len said as he charged toward Diana with Body Slam.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Sage Smith
Classroom

Sage nodded and smiled at Haru. "Yes that's correct" he said and chuckled. "but next time wait to be called on before you shout out your answer" he turned to the board and wrote down what Haru had said. "as Mr.." he paused to check his list "Hatake said poffins are a tasty treat made from Berries to give to Pokemon, now there are more than one type of poffins, does anyone know how many there are?" he asked looking around the room, his gaze settled on the kid he had seen with his sister. "How about you Mr. Vincent do you know the answer?"

Genevieve Molyneux
Cafeteria

Sapphire glared even more at Hugin upon hearing his words and her eyes narrowed and she growled. "Simi! Simi! Simipour!" (Don't say things like that to me! and stop glaring at my Trainer you fat overgrown bird!)

Genevieve looked sharply at Sapphire. "Sapphire calm, I know you have a problem with bird Pokemon, but please behave, this isn't gonna turn into a repeat of the incident" she said sternly and Sapphire turned back to her food.

"Sorry about that Maxy" she said softly taking a bite from her toast. She heard him ask about what type of food Tympole liked and she thought for a minute. "Well most Pokemon will eat any type of food, but each has their own preferences" she thought for a minute more before cutting her Apple in half, and then that half into small pieces and cut a small piece off one of her pieces of toast. "here Katam, try this" she said softly putting the apple slices and bit of toast in front of the Tympole.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Lucia smirked as the Mud-Shot hit Len. Sure it wouldn't deal much damage but it would make it harder for him to hit Diana. Mark called out for a Body Slam and she cringed a bit, yet Diana took it head on. "I'll show ya you overgrown tadpole!" She shouted back as she braced for impact. Len slammed pretty hard into her and she grunted as her armor took the blow.

She grunted and panted a bit as she was forced back. "Y-Yeah? That all you got!?" She demanded as her legs wobbled a bit underneath her.

"Diana, another Mud-Slap!" Lucia called out as the Aron did so and flung some more sand at the Poliwhirl's eyes. She shivered a bit, but managed to stay standing despite the pain she had just experienced.

Megaman765

Years
As expected, Diana took that last attack pretty well. She had a good resistance against that kind of attack. Len was sort of afraid what would happen if he used brick break on her. He felt like he could Snap a tree in half with one good blow! Len was once again hit by Mud Slap and got even more Mud in his eyes. It wasn't helping much and he was eventually going to miss every other hit at this rate.

"Len! Use Dig!" Mark said. Len quickly crouched and prepared to head underground.

"Come and get me!" Len taunted as he dove straight through the ground and began to dig under it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Somewhere on Campus]

Tristen straightened up her back, folded her arms, and shook her head. "I should've known better--why would anyone be at the office this early in the morning?" She muttered to herself and smiled as her croagunk just kept walking in front of her, unaware that she had stopped walking.

"Gabe," she cooed, laughing quietly to herself, "I'm over here. We're not going to the office for now. We'll come back later, okay?"

Confused, Gabriel turned around and slowly walked to her side.

"Yeah, I know. Let's just explore campus a bit. We should probably find out where my room is. And if the office isn't open by then, we can stop by Oak Town. I heard it's somewhere nearby. Ish."

They turned around and began walking back down the path where they just came from. Looking around her, Tristen realized she could get a pretty good look of the area as she headed towards the dorms. The trees were changing colors, the air smelled crisp and clean, and the academy, she realized, fit very well into this environment.

"You know," she said just loud enough for Gabriel to hear, "I have a bad feeling that I'm going to like it here." She snuck a peek at the purple frog walking beside her from the corner of her eye. "What about you?"

Gabriel just looked up at her and shrugged. He had a tendency to always agree with whatever she was saying, and whether or not he understood what she said didn't matter in the slightest.

Tristen laughed. "You're such a bum." She looked at the position of the sun on the horizon and squinted at the light. "If we don't meet anybody from the office anytime soon, we'll just have to train on our own. I can tell there's a lot of wild pokemon around here."

They stopped at the entrance to the Raikou Dorm, and Tristen put her hands on her hips. It's going to be weird sleeping under a roof for the next few months. I wonder if they'd let me sleep outside... I'm sure I could find a way even if they didn't let me. There's plenty of windows...

Croagunk took her hand and led her inside. "Okay, okay, fine. You find my room for me, will ya?" She told him her room number, and they were off. They passed their room several times, but Gabriel refused to let Tristen help him with the numbers. It took them twenty minutes before they found their very own dorm.

"About time," she laughed and pat him gently on the head as they walked inside.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly watched as Haru answered the teacher's question. She sighed and laid her head down on the desk. Molly was watching Haru from across the room. Holly reached up and pet Molly on the snout, yawning a little. I really hope I don't get picked. I wonder why Haru was trying to hide from me. Did I do something? She shook her head and decided she would ask him after class. Molly decided to float over and get a closer look at Haru, looking him over closely. After a while she went back over to Holly. Holly turned and look at Haru. She mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' and turned back around.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru glanced at Holly as she mouthed the words 'I'm Sorry.' He began to wonder why she was sorry. She did nothing wrong. Nothing besides steal his heart. He blushed and mouthed back, 'For what? You didn't do anything.' Hopefully all eyes were off of him and nobody but Holly or her Munna saw it. He didn't want Holly sorry, sad, or scared. He wanted Holly to be his girlfriend. His heart melted everytime he looked at her, and she was beautiful. He didn't know why, but he felt like she was the one. He loved her. When he thought no one was looking, he stealthily moved to the seat next to her. "Why are you sorry?"

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly watched as Haru moved to sit next to her. Molly looked at him and narrowed her eyes, preparing to use Psychic. Holly grabbed her and frowned. "What's wrong with you?", she asked. Molly looked at Holly and then at Haru. "I don't trust him. And I don't want to see you hurt again.", she said. Holly looked down and hugged her. "I'll be fine. Don't worry.", she said. Holly looked up at Haru confused. "I don't know what I did. I saw you avoiding me and I thought it was something I did...", she said. Molly was still glaring at Haru. Holly looked up and sighed. "I'm sorry about Molly. She's never normally like this.", she added.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Sage Smith
Classroom

Sage looked at Jimmy as he waited for his answer when he heard voices talking. Looking in the back of the room he saw Haru had moved seats and was talking to a Holly Amarosa. He frowned and silently he left the front of the room and walked quietly to where he was standing right behind Haru and Holly. "Mr. Hatake, Miss. Amarosa, refrain from unnecessary conversation in the middle of class, that is unless you'd like to share with everyone though I doubt you'd like that" he looked at the other students and spotted a desk empty in the front other side of the room. "Mr. Hatake I'd like you to move to that empty seat in the front please, and Miss Amarosa please return your Pokemon, I will tell you when a Pokemon can be out in class" he then looked at the rest of the students "If anything like this happens again during class I will issue out detentions"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru was about to answer her when Mr. Teacher Man told him to move to the desk in front of him. "Yes sir." he grumbled and did as he was told. He mouthed to Holly 'I'll tell you after class.' Cooking class was supposed to be fun! He had already gotten in trouble! This seemed to happen a lot to him. He wasn't hated by teachers, they just caught him whenever he wasn't doing something good. Crap! First day and I've already screwed up once! He blushed as he felt the entire room staring at him..."Sooo...first day of school." He said in his 'I just messed up let's move on' voice.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly looked up as she saw the teacher talking to her. She nodded and pulled out Molly's pokeball. Molly turned and looked at her pokeball. She looked at Haru one more time before tapping it. Holly looked at the pokeball for a second before putting it back in its place. "Sorry, sir.", she mumbled. She looked up at Haru and nodded. She decided that she was going to have a talk with Molly after class. She thought about what Kayla could be doing for a second and shook her head. She frowned and put her head down on her desk.

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla yawned and put her head on the table. "I seem to be good at getting people mad at me today. At least Holly accepted my apology." She looked down at her Xtranceiver and jumped as it rang. She looked at it for a second and decided to let it ring. "I wonder if Mom and Dad are coming tonight... I doubt it."

Back