• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
So close to having that full Gen V demake possibility, save for some work with the stupid amounts of forms they're giving everything.
Anyways, Chaos, have you seen the static Mewtwo Awakened Forme sprite floating around the internet? Any chance you might remake that sprite for this project, since it's directly related to a current gen?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alright, so the Helping Guidelines has been officially posted. (also I "secretly" posted a bunch of Kanto sprites that I made for the sake of progressing on my hack. Also Fearow, Ekans, Zubat, and Onix had their palettes updated to match their official art more. Also the Azurill family has been added. And female sprites for Alakazam, Murkrow, and Starly have been added)

New rules:
*There is no longer a "helpers" list. Anyone can contribute.
*I/possibly others will provide constructive criticism to your sprite if I don't accept it.
*do not PM me/VM me if "I saw your sprite" because that got REALLY ANNOYING in the past
*please give me time to put your sprite into a sheet, don't PM me/VM me

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I made Bayleaf's sprite:

2cpp93c.png

34g69g6.png

I know these are not the best so please give me some criticism.

Spark

Hello. :3
Years
Hi Chaos Rush, your works are very, very useful.
They are so clean and amazing. :3
Best of luck with this project.

Edit:
Btw, I did Treecko's sprites.
They are not the best but I did my best. :)
Treecko_zpsf8193cc1.png

• Spark

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I made Bayleaf's sprite:

2cpp93c.png

34g69g6.png

I know these are not the best so please give me some criticism.
About the front sprite:
*The size is just right :)
*There's lots of outlining issues. Please read the tutorial carefully what I said about making sure ALL outlines are smooth.
*There's missing pixels on the base of its neck

About the backsprite:
*You recolored the shades wrong. I said in the tutorial that if you're not confident in your recoloring ability, then don't even recolor it at all, as I can do that myself.
*Looks like you completely ignored what I said about having smooth outlines. There are jaggy outlines everywhere. I said to make sure it looks like how it should if you were to draw it at that resolution, I definitely would not have drawn it like that.

Hi Chaos Rush, your works are very, very useful.
They are so clean and amazing. :3
Best of luck with this project.

Edit:
Btw, I did Treecko's sprites.
They are not the best but I did my best. :)
Treecko_zpsf8193cc1.png

• Spark
lol you don't even need to post the front sprite if it doesn't need to be resized. Anyways, the backsprite looks very well done. There are a few minor changes that I would make to it that someone only as nitpicky as me would do. Don't worry about fixing it, because this is near-perfect and good enough for me to work with.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
And I present to you, all four member of the three musketeers:
691_zpsdb479d62.png

692_zps8f1961f4.png

693_zps11394ec3.png

700-1_zps1d8e01aa.png

700-2_zps285c84cc.png

The Cobalion back sprite was made a long time ago by atif, though I edited it to extend the horns to how they looked in Pokedex 3D Pro. Everything else was done by me.

Spoiler:

Just so we don't do work twice, that is what I have so far. Right now, my OW project is taking preference, so I may not be working on these as much, but I will get as many as I can done.
Great job! These look absolutely fantastic!

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
OMG You are so close. All I need are Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem (including forms). I would do them, but I'm gonna be extremely busy for the next few weeks. College stuff, very important. I hope they're finished soon!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
These are amazing sprites. Even Terrakoon's big butt. I'm eager to see how you will fit Thundurus-T, with its tricky proportions due to the long tail.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Here's my go at it lol. I feel pretty proud of it, but I don't know there's probably something wrong.

bayleef_zps1a29f7f0.png

Meganium_zps199025f0.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Here are some Johto sprites that I've done! I'm also uploading the individual sprites
to the link I gave you before.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
@dreamengine: You did a fine job. If you want me to be honest, yeah it's not perfect (some parts of the Bayleef backsprite) but it's much easier to work with rather than starting from scratch. Approved.

@11bayerf1: I'm assuming you completed the Lanturn and Cacturne sprites before I posted the new, updated master sheet, in which I happen to change Lanturn and Cacturne's palettes. But that's no big deal, lol. Approved. For future reference though, please look at my tutorial about making sure all outlines are smooooth. Having smooth outlines is really what makes sprites still look good when resized.

Anyways, to the people that have contributed and which I have approved (dreamengine, 11bayerf1, karatekid552), I will put your sprites into sheets soon, just give me some time cause you know I'm busy with some Unova legendaries at the moment ;)

*coughMakingBackSpritesForTheKamiTrioIsKillingMecough*
*coughOhYeahTherianFormesDammitcough*

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
@11bayerf1: I'm assuming you completed the Lanturn and Cacturne sprites before I posted the new, updated master sheet, in which I happen to change Lanturn and Cacturne's palettes. But that's no big deal, lol. Approved. For future reference though, please look at my tutorial about making sure all outlines are smooooth. Having smooth outlines is really what makes sprites still look good when resized.

Yeah sorry I hadn't seen the change in palettes.
On which sprites would you say the outlines weren't smooth?
In certain sprites usually backsprites, I tend to copy the style of
the official gamefreak backsprites in which certain sprites aren't entirely
smoothed. I'll take that into account next time with future sprites though!

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Good job on the Musketeers and Keldeo! :D
Btw, I did the sprites of Metagross.
Well, you might see some errors on these sprites, especially the front one.

xHtAIW7.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
@ Chaos
your sprites are very beautiful but the squirtle's blue is too dark and the head of this creature have too contrast (mostly in the shiny version).
Is different from the Sugimori's artwork.

sorry for my english.
Good work:)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Yeah sorry I hadn't seen the change in palettes.
On which sprites would you say the outlines weren't smooth?
In certain sprites usually backsprites, I tend to copy the style of
the official gamefreak backsprites in which certain sprites aren't entirely
smoothed. I'll take that into account next time with future sprites though!
The official Game Freak backsprites are smooth if the Pokemon is supposed to be smooth. I'm just noticing parts in your outlines where its not smooth, but the original sprite was smooth.

Good job on the Musketeers and Keldeo! :D
Btw, I did the sprites of Metagross.
Well, you might see some errors on these sprites, especially the front one.

xHtAIW7.png
Looking at it without zooming in, I see no errors lol. Approved.

@ Chaos
your sprites are very beautiful but the squirtle's blue is too dark and the head of this creature have too contrast (mostly in the shiny version).
Is different from the Sugimori's artwork.

sorry for my english.
Good work:)
The blue on Squirtle aren't custom colors, they're from its B/W palette. The only color change I made to Squirtle was that I modified its stomach to be less light-orange and more light-brown, and I gave its eyes a hint or purple just like in the official art.

Also, to everyone that's going to contribute, if you're going to post the front and back sprite as one image, can you at least separate them within the image, so I can see two 64x64 squares instead one big 128x64 rectangle? That would make it a little more easier for me to format into Wichu's editor.

EDIT:
@dreamengine: You resized the Meganium backsprite at 81%. Not to be extremely nitpicky, but the rules are 80%, no exceptions.

EDIT:
@dreamengine
@Rizon
@Spark

Your sprites have been sheet-ified and added to the resource, and your names are in the credits. Thanks a lot for contributing!

@karatekid: Don't worry, I am working on yours, there's just a lot haha. So far I've put up your Grovyle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I tried the Mareep backsprite:
15chi6u.jpg

I didn't know whether I should do the front sprite or not since the size is similar as Marrep is small.
I hope there aren't to many mistakes.
Greets,
BnYHD

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I did more. :3 I don't think Beldum's front sprite need to be resized since it's small.

HtFTw5l.png
l80WeVB.png
bqcUgAi.png

I'm not sure if I did a bad job to Metang.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
And here is the Kami trio. SneakerTheOtter made the front sprites for the Incarnate formes, though I modified them a bit. The backs were made by me.
694-1_zps018b39c4.png

695-1_zps30e58e49.png

699-1_zpsaeab6705.png

Also, I decided I'm not going to do the Therian formes because they are WAYY TOO HARD. Their proportions just won't work for a 64x64 boundary, and they're too detailed.

lol jk
694-2_zps4b4d18c8.png

695-2_zpsaa13fcdf.png

699-2_zps765c1040.png

@Rizon: Your Metang and Beldum is approved. And yeah I don't think Beldum's front needed to be resized either.

@BlacknYellowHD: Sorry but the outlines on the wool are wayyy too jaggy. Look at Step 3 on my tutorial for what smooth outlines should look like.

@11bayerf1: I noticed that you changed the shades to some of your backsprites (parituclarly, Houndour, Houndoom, and Skarmory), meaning you're changing how the original sprite was designed, and that will also screw up how the shiny sprites look. So I'm afraid I won't be using any of your sprites until you can guarantee that you won't mix up the shades in your backsprites. Your Houndour, Houndoom, and Skarmory backsprites are lighter than the original (and in my Master Sheet, those three Pokemon in particular have their palette unchanged form the official games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back