• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
Trouble at the start

I believe to have patched it and everything seems to be working fine, however, when I press start at the opening screen it comes up with the attached images, no matter what I press at this point they keep going back to each other and I am unable to play the hack, help please?

Years
I believe to have patched it and everything seems to be working fine, however, when I press start at the opening screen it comes up with the attached images, no matter what I press at this point they keep going back to each other and I am unable to play the hack, help please?
Check your emulator settings and keys configuration. I believe the problem is there.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
ummm, has anyone met Wesley of Wednesday yet? If so, can someone tell me? I've yet to meet him at Lake of Rage q.q

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Is there anything that can be done about the Farfetch'd glitch in Ilex Forest? I can't progress because it keeps jumping into the trees where I can't reach it. And I need Cut to progress...

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Is there anything that can be done about the Farfetch'd glitch in Ilex Forest? I can't progress because it keeps jumping into the trees where I can't reach it. And I need Cut to progress...

The Farfetch'd should reset every time you enter and leave. You can use this to reset it if it walks onto trees. If not, then you are slightly screwed. There is a specific order to activate Farfetch'd in to get it out. However, could you tell me what precisely you are doing so we can replicate and fix it?

I heard that Charmander can be caught in the grass early in the game. Is this true? If so, where?

Absolutely not. IIRC, it is a prize in Goldenrod City's Game Corner, although I haven't checked recently.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
It resets yeah, but it still does the same thing everytime...

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/85886530.jpg/

It only moves like this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
I heard that Charmander can be caught in the grass early in the game. Is this true? If so, where?
I think someone in Kanto gives it to you. I got all 3 first gen starters (and Chikorita in the cave to Kanto) as gifts after going to Kanto.

Edit: Here is the cities you get the starters from.
Charmander - Fuschia City
Bulbasaur - Pewter City
Squirtle - Saffron City'
Chikorita - Tohjo Falls (go to the left near the entrance and there is an old man sprite who gives you it.

I'm guessing you can get Totodile/Cyndaquil from somewhere unless the old man gives you the start you didn't pick and ??? didn't steal.

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I think someone in Kanto gives it to you. I got all 3 first gen starters (and Chikorita in the cave to Kanto) as gifts after going to Kanto.

Edit: Here is the cities you get the starters from.
Charmander - Fuschia City
Bulbasaur - Pewter City
Squirtle - Saffron City'
Chikorita - Tohjo Falls (go to the left near the entrance and there is an old man sprite who gives you it.

I'm guessing you can get Totodile/Cyndaquil from somewhere unless the old man gives you the start you didn't pick and ??? didn't steal.

you can get the rest, Cyndaquil is area where Union Cave and Goldenrod City is connected to the south. Totodile is located in Dark Cave, the entrance near Blackthorn City. I don't think anyone asked for this, but I threw it out there anyway.

Also, has anyone met Wesely yet? I really want that Black Belt for my Hitmontop q.q

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
Okay so I have a problem that I'm hoping someone could help me with. I was in mahogany town and I accidentally went into the place the rocket hide out was without going to talk to lance at lake of rage first. So I talked to the box and the script happened anyway and that brought me outside the walls. So I used the walk through walls cheat to get back in and now the cheat won't turn off. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or something but can someone assist me please?

Years
Okay so I have a problem that I'm hoping someone could help me with. I was in mahogany town and I accidentally went into the place the rocket hide out was without going to talk to lance at lake of rage first. So I talked to the box and the script happened anyway and that brought me outside the walls. So I used the walk through walls cheat to get back in and now the cheat won't turn off. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or something but can someone assist me please?
Exactly which place are you really refering too. I mean those walls . It is not making any sense to me?????

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I got another question. I noticed in the last hack that you couldn't get Ho-oh. I just got this version and is Ho-oh possible to get?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
Exactly which place are you really refering too. I mean those walls . It is not making any sense to me?????

In the rocket hideout at Mahogany, not the basement but where you're supposed to meet lance and there are those two guys, one with the glasses standing in the middle of the room. And by walls, I mean the black parts outside the screen,

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Hello. I've had Beta 3.1 for a few months now and I started playing it again a few weeks ago.
I've noticed some bugs and so I've come here to report them.
I don't know how many of these were fixed in the 3.2 version or not.
I just beat Morty and got the Fog Badge, for reference.

• wild encounters for Union Cave floor 1 are not working. The basement floor works though.
  • There was a bad egg in day care. I think I might have saw something about this in the journal post for the 3.2 release.
  • radio tower has TR music playing, before TR invades
  • several overworld sprites for pokemon are wrong
    • the Butterfree in the gate between Ilex Forest and Route 34
    • the Persian in the National Park
    • probably others that I forgot to write down
  • The trainer card completely skipped the Plain Badge. It's says I have the Zephyr, Hive, Fog, and Storm badges.
  • no sound effects when moving pokemon in box or in team? (not sure if this is a glitch)
  • Axel appears in Bugsy's gym, before you beat Bugsy
  • location maps in the Pokedex do not include Johto
  • there is a green splotch on the GBA graphic when trading
  • The Voltorb I traded for in Olivine City was holding a Stick...
Then a couple general complaints I had...

• The new rival you battle before entering Ilex Forest seems over powered. Quagsire with Ice Punch and a level 20-something Bagon with Double-Edge and Rock Head ability....
    • especially when the player is forced to battle Silver right after, without healing.
  • Apricorns use berry sprites for their images. I don't know if this is temporary or not.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I had to do a system restore with the disks on my laptop and had this hack working before but now when I try to play it, it goes to a white screen. I patched the file to Fire Red with Lunar IPS and have the latest version of VBA. I did the save type and even put the real time clock on. What the hell is going on?

I tried like 50 more times and **** it. Can someone please just patch it for me and send it to me cuz I really don't wanna go on a rage and destroy my laptop.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2012
@all
re:catching the 3 legendary birds!!!
i still can't catch the 3 legendary birds. i already have the red, blue, yellow, and black flutes but still the pedestals don't show up...what i must do?...i already completed the game up to the valencia island...please, i really need your help!!!

Back