The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Resource MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Old August 6th, 2014 (4:58 PM).
Under the Crescent Moon

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuke of Mystica View Post
Attached is the exact .ini file that I used, with the modifications after the patch. I did not add any params to the .ini, only modded the values that were given to me. I changed where all the Hex values are, as well as the number of pokemon, TM's and HM's, and abilities.
Everything seems fine to me. I tested it, and it worked fine. I meant, if you made changes to the Pokémon themselve. Any specific things, such as stats or moves?

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 6th, 2014 (5:53 PM).
Currently updating stuff...

Nature: Lonely
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJTiKi View Post
    Everything seems fine to me. I tested it, and it worked fine. I meant, if you made changes to the Pokémon themselve. Any specific things, such as stats or moves?
    I changed bulbasaur's moveset... >.> uhhh
    EDIT: I changed the moveset in G3T

Twilight version is taken by me...Still in heavy dev, but don't worry. It WILL BE FINISHED!
    Old August 6th, 2014 (6:16 PM).
    Under the Crescent Moon

Quote:
    I changed bulbasaur's moveset... >.> uhhh
    EDIT: I changed the moveset in G3T
    When you tested the rival battle, did you have a Squirtle on your party. Something went wrong with the moveset. You also should make sure that the trainer battle is altered to have its moveset also.
    Old August 6th, 2014 (6:21 PM).

Quote:
      When you tested the rival battle, did you have a Squirtle on your party. Something went wrong with the moveset. You also should make sure that the trainer battle is altered to have its moveset also.
      I tested with a bulbasaur that knew shadow claw, and draco meteor? or something like that, but yes I did wipe squirtle's moveset. What is the best solution?

Twilight version is taken by me...Still in heavy dev, but don't worry. It WILL BE FINISHED!
      Old August 6th, 2014 (6:25 PM).
      Under the Crescent Moon

Quote:
      I tested with a bulbasaur that knew shadow claw, and draco meteor? or something like that, but yes I did wipe squirtle's moveset. What is the best solution?
      If you wiped its moveset, then it would naturally freeze, since it isn't in the Pokémon data to use those moves. Just give them the moves, you tested. So if Squirlte doesn't have any moves, when it attacks, it'll only be natural that it freezes.
      Old August 6th, 2014 (6:30 PM). Edited August 6th, 2014 by Suzuke of Mystica.

Quote:
        If you wiped its moveset, then it would naturally freeze, since it isn't in the Pokémon data to use those moves. Just give them the moves, you tested. So if Squirlte doesn't have any moves, when it attacks, it'll only be natural that it freezes.
        Ok, after giving the pokemon the movesets, and going to the battle between you and your rival, and Oak finishes his hour long speech, the game restarts, from the intro sequence.
        EDIT: this happens after applying Jambo's patch on top of MD's patch. That was the problem. So now I guess I have to go to G3HS to use Md's patch?

Old August 6th, 2014 (6:58 PM).
        Under the Crescent Moon

Quote:
        Ok, after giving the pokemon the movesets, and going to the battle between you and your rival, and Oak finishes his hour long speech, the game restarts, from the intro sequence.
        EDIT: this happens after applying Jambo's patch on top of MD's patch. That was the problem. So now I guess I have to go to G3HS to use Md's patch?
        Yeah it would be better, since ipthe support is better. It isn't hard to make it compatible.
        Old August 6th, 2014 (7:16 PM).

Quote:
          Yeah it would be better, since ipthe support is better. It isn't hard to make it compatible.
          I'm looking at it...and going..I need help lol because there's a section for the patch, and the rom, and I don't know which one I need to modify, and if I can use MD's ini values for the rom/patch

P.S might wanna move to a pm from now on?

Old August 7th, 2014 (1:16 PM).

I've read from your changelog that you added Strong Jaw... Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, are they all ganna be there?
            Old August 8th, 2014 (3:17 AM).

Great to see the Fairy type added, but I was wondering about the Fairy-type moves: Is the information on Fairy-type moves the same as what I found on Serebii.net? (I'm planning on using your Swilix and Slurpuff sprites to add them to my hack)
              Old August 8th, 2014 (9:01 AM).
              youmeme kondanku

Nature: Quirky
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by tmakanna View Post
                I've read from your changelog that you added Strong Jaw... Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, are they all ganna be there?
                Honestly, they already are. I plan on giving the Rattata line Strong Jaw in my hack, for example, and Raticate will learn the elemental Fangs there.

Old August 11th, 2014 (5:35 PM).
                Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tmakanna View Post
                  They're already all in there. If you used the patch you'd know!

Quote:
                  Great to see the Fairy type added, but I was wondering about the Fairy-type moves: Is the information on Fairy-type moves the same as what I found on Serebii.net? (I'm planning on using your Swilix and Slurpuff sprites to add them to my hack)
                  The fairy type moves are the same as from Serebii, the only thing is that a few names are changed
                  to fit into the GBA.

In unrelated news, very good news infact, I've finally gotten around to fixing weather abilities.
                  To do that I had to remove the new entry hazards and then re apply them using Doesnt's code
                  instead of jambos. Jambo's did work, but I must have messed the porting at some point so nothing
                  against him or anything, Doesnt supplied his ones to me in a more user-friendly form as well as having access to Sticky Web. So HUGE thanks to Doesn't for that. I also improved Snow Warning and the other weather abilities by looking at his code for that.

The only thing at the moment is that Jambo's implementation also tied in Lunar Dance and Healing Wish, so it looks like I'd lose those. I'm going to try and find a way to incorporate that into the other switch in effects, because it would be a shame to lose that.

Once I have that out of the way, as well as implementing Aromatic Mist, Acupressure and updating a few new move effects based upon the 4th and 5th gen move resources thread, 1.5 will be ready.
                  Old August 11th, 2014 (8:27 PM).

Can we expect to have attack raising items/moves fixed in 1.5?
                    Old August 11th, 2014 (8:59 PM).
                    Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak

Nature: Timid
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                      In unrelated news, very good news infact, I've finally gotten around to fixing weather abilities.
                      To do that I had to remove the new entry hazards and then re apply them using Doesnt's code
                      instead of jambos. Jambo's did work, but I must have messed the porting at some point so nothing
                      against him or anything, Doesnt supplied his ones to me in a more user-friendly form as well as having access to Sticky Web. So HUGE thanks to Doesn't for that. I also improved Snow Warning and the other weather abilities by looking at his code for that.

The only thing at the moment is that Jambo's implementation also tied in Lunar Dance and Healing Wish, so it looks like I'd lose those. I'm going to try and find a way to incorporate that into the other switch in effects, because it would be a shame to lose that.

Once I have that out of the way, as well as implementing Aromatic Mist, Acupressure and updating a few new move effects based upon the 4th and 5th gen move resources thread, 1.5 will be ready.
                      Thanks for the news! Still looking forward to this update, though I'm taking a break from Rom Hacking at the moment.

Keep up the great work! :3

Want to ask me a question? Click here!
                      Old August 12th, 2014 (1:35 AM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kamon137 View Post
                        Can we expect to have attack raising items/moves fixed in 1.5?
                        If you read the thread you'll notice it's already been fixed for 1.5 and the fix is in fact on the previous page.
                        Old August 12th, 2014 (8:37 AM).
                        youmeme kondanku

Nature: Quirky
                          Quote:

YAAAAAAAS

Gogogo, MrDollSteak-senpai! We're counting on you~!

Old August 12th, 2014 (4:14 PM).
                          ~Working On A New Rom Hack~

Nature: Brave
                            This is perhaps one of the best ROM Bases I have seen. I look forward to update 1.5, which brings me to a question I had when I downloaded this (if this has already been answered, I apologize)

1. If I start hacking my ROM using the most current version ROM Base, and 1.5 is released, will I need to start over (because it says not compatible with hacks in progress)? Just wondering because I want to know whether or not I should begin hacking yet or wait for the 1.5 Update.

2. I was reading the .txt file "howtosetupfairytype", and I had some questions about it. Does the Fairy type need to be set up if I don't plan on changing anything that is already the Fairy Type?

Sorry for all these questions, I imagine you are quite busy.

Magic Guard
                            John 15:13

Pokemon Rom Hacker
                            Looking For:
                            Anyone willing to help with the game.
                            Pokemon Team Building Guide
                            Old August 12th, 2014 (4:30 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Magic Guard View Post
                              This is perhaps one of the best ROM Bases I have seen. I look forward to update 1.5, which brings me to a question I had when I downloaded this (if this has already been answered, I apologize)

1. If I start hacking my ROM using the most current version ROM Base, and 1.5 is released, will I need to start over (because it says not compatible with hacks in progress)? Just wondering because I want to know whether or not I should begin hacking yet or wait for the 1.5 Update.

2. I was reading the .txt file "howtosetupfairytype", and I had some questions about it. Does the Fairy type need to be set up if I don't plan on changing anything that is already the Fairy Type?

Sorry for all these questions, I imagine you are quite busy.

Magic Guard
                              You won't need to start over. All my patches upgrade with new releases. I only mean if you have a hack in progress that doesn't have my rombase, it's probably not a good idea to apply the patch.

Fairy type is set up, that document just shows you the offsets for the Pokemon and moves etc. so you can change them. Also it allows you to make new Pokemon Fairy type if you're changing types for fakemon.
                              Old August 12th, 2014 (4:35 PM).

Quote:
                                You won't need to start over. All my patches upgrade with new releases. I only mean if you have a hack in progress that doesn't have my rombase, it's probably not a good idea to apply the patch.

Fairy type is set up, that document just shows you the offsets for the Pokemon and moves etc. so you can change them. Also it allows you to make new Pokemon Fairy type if you're changing types for fakemon.
                                Oh okay cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

This ROM Base is awesome btw, I love all the features you've managed to add to it.

Time to get hacking!^_^

Pokemon Rom Hacker
                                Looking For:
                                Old August 13th, 2014 (2:06 PM). Edited August 13th, 2014 by Thoriére.
                                good for health

Nature: Serious
                                Hello; forgive me if this has already been asked, but what sort of credit would be preferred? I'm planning on mentioning this patch in my hack's thread, but would you like me to simply link this page and its credits, or list everyone's name and contributions right there on the thread? Again, I'm terribly sorry if this is a repeated question, but I didn't see it anywhere on this thread (might just have been my skimming, though).
                                Old August 13th, 2014 (2:13 PM).
                                ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by pencil-fetish View Post
                                  Hello; forgive me if this has already been asked, but what sort of credit would be preferred? I'm planning on mentioning this patch in my hack's thread, but would you like me to simply link this page and its credits, or list everyone's name and contributions right there on the thread? Again, I'm terribly sorry if this is a repeated question, but I didn't see it anywhere on this thread (might just have been my skimming, though).
                                  It's simply on the first page though.
                                  (:
                                  Spoiler:

G3HS - Karatekid552 (Such a fantastic tool for editing Pokemon!)
                                  Pokemon Game Editor - Gamer2020 (This is the only decent tool for editing moves at the moment)
                                  Decapitalisation - MrDollSteak
                                  Pokedex Glitch Fix - Hackmew
                                  Physical/Special/Status Split - Doesntknowhowtoplay
                                  PSS Icons - Darthatron, Jambo51
                                  Extended Move Table - Jambo51, Itman
                                  Extended Move Effect Table - Jambo51, Itman
                                  Extended Move Background Table - Chaos Rush, Tajaros
                                  Extended Soundproof Table - Kurapika
                                  New Moves - Contributors to '4th&5th Gen. Move Resources', MrDollSteak, Jambo51,Chaos Rush, KDS, mamamama... (to name a few)
                                  Extended Ability Table - MrDollSteak
                                  New Movesets - MrDollSteak
                                  New Abilities - Doesn'tknowhowtoplay, Kurapika, Karatekid552, Jambo51 and MrDollsteak
                                  New Items - Doesn'tknowhowtoplay, MrDollSteak
                                  Fairy-Type - MrDollSteak
                                  Bug Finding - Mystery Man, Doom Chaos, Chrunch, Noossab Blue, The Shiny Ho-Oh, Projectwolfie, Doesn'tknowhowtoplay

Old August 13th, 2014 (2:22 PM).
                                  good for health

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by VV View Post
                                  It's simply on the first page though.
                                  (:
                                  Spoiler:

Pokemon Game Editor - Gamer2020 (This is the only decent tool for editing moves at the moment)
                                  New Moves - Contributors to '4th&5th Gen. Move Resources', MrDollSteak, Jambo51,Chaos Rush, KDS, mamamama... (to name a few)
                                  New Abilities - Doesn'tknowhowtoplay, Kurapika, Karatekid552, Jambo51 and MrDollsteak
                                  Fairy-Type - MrDollSteak
                                  Bug Finding - Mystery Man, Doom Chaos, Chrunch, Noossab Blue, The Shiny Ho-Oh, Projectwolfie, Doesn'tknowhowtoplay

I know the credits themselves are there; my question was about whether I should link to the page or state the credits on the hack thread itself.
                                  Old August 13th, 2014 (2:32 PM).

Quote:
                                    I know the credits themselves are there; my question was about whether I should link to the page or state the credits on the hack thread itself.
                                    In my opinion, linking to the page wouldn't really be crediting everyone, because not everyone will actually click the link. The way I'd do it is list the resource: MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase,
                                    and list all of it's contributors and their contributions. Here's an example of how I would do it (In the Spoiler)

Spoiler:
                                    Resource - MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase
                                    Credits/Contributors:
                                    Fairy-Type - MrDollSteak

& since this is probably going to be responsible for many of the new features of your hack, list it somewhere near the top of the credits list or in a way so that (mostly) everyone will see it. But as long as you credit everyone, you're good.:)

Pokemon Rom Hacker
                                    Looking For:
                                    Old August 13th, 2014 (2:40 PM).
                                    good for health

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Magic Guard View Post
                                    In my opinion, linking to the page wouldn't really be crediting everyone, because not everyone will actually click the link. The way I'd do it is list the resource: MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase,
                                    and list all of it's contributors and their contributions. Here's an example of how I would do it (In the Spoiler)

Spoiler:
                                    Resource - MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase
                                    Credits/Contributors:
                                    Fairy-Type - MrDollSteak

& since this is probably going to be responsible for many of the new features of your hack, list it somewhere near the top of the credits list or in a way so that (mostly) everyone will see it. But as long as you credit everyone, you're good.:)
                                    Of course, and thank you for the input. I was going to go to all of the trouble of manually inserting the Fairy type, decap., moves, etc., but the fact that this covers so much more than that as well practically leaves me singing. It'll be some time before I post the thread, but I will absolutely credit everyone here for their work on this fantastic patch.
                                    Old August 13th, 2014 (3:20 PM).

Quote:
                                      Of course, and thank you for the input. I was going to go to all of the trouble of manually inserting the Fairy type, decap., moves, etc., but the fact that this covers so much more than that as well practically leaves me singing. It'll be some time before I post the thread, but I will absolutely credit everyone here for their work on this fantastic patch.
                                      No problem, glad to help. & Yeah this patch makes it so much easier to get all of the features you want in your hack, plus it saves you a bunch of time from manually inserting everything yourself. This really is a great resource.

Good luck with your hack btw, I'll have to check it out when you make a thread for it!:)

Pokemon Rom Hacker
                                      Looking For:

Quick Reply