• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2014
I've searched all over and found no answer.

How do I edit Deoxys stats?

I mean, I get that I can use YAPE or Poke Edit Pro, but with them I am only able to edit Deoxys' normal form.
I'm nearly done with a firered romhack I'm doing and the last thing I need to do is edit Deoxys' Attack Form stats, but I can't find how I would do this anywhere.

Any ideas?

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Okay, so I edited a few maps in Fire Red, and now every time I use the warps to these maps in the game, it freezes. At first I got the error message "Unsupported BIOS function c7 from 020023fc. A BIOS file is needed to get correct behaviour," but now it doesn't give me anything and just goes straight to freezing. The error message has no meaning to me, so if I could get some help it would be appreciated.

Is it because of the maps I edited? They were the Unused Sevii Isle 6-9 maps, if that's why it won't work

droomph

weeb
Years
Opening Cinematic?

Can anyone tell me how I could possibly edit the opening cinematic? I can't seem to make unlz-gba to work, and I can't find anything anywhere.

Sorry if it's obvious. My attention span is too small to do this, and seriously? fourteen megabytes.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Hi!

I'm currently hacking ruby and I have problem with scripting...
I want to make script where someone gives you a pokemon. That's easy but I want to make that pokemon with special move (like pikachu with surf).

Question: How to custom moves for that pokemon?

G33K

The guy you will someday work
Years
How do i change the starting area in pokemon ruby?

I want to make it so the player starts the game waking up in his bed in littleroot... how exactly might one go about doing this?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
What's this supposed to mean ?
Are you trying to make a script point to an asm routine which you've picked up somewhere ?

Try this site for instace.

I mean, after I put the hex from a tutorial into a hex editor, whenever I open A-map, all the palates have turned a glitchy purple color.

Also, that website you gave me, while informative, isn't all that helpful. I have no idea where to go or what to download.

Hi!

I'm currently hacking ruby and I have problem with scripting...
I want to make script where someone gives you a pokemon. That's easy but I want to make that pokemon with special move (like pikachu with surf).

Question: How to custom moves for that pokemon?
I think this requires ASM. If you were hacking Firered, JPANs Hack Engine has a function that lets you give any move to a Pokemon. There's a less elegant way, though. You could use YAPE and create essentially the exact same Pokemon in one of the 25 ?????????? slots, and change the moveset to include surf. Then just give the player that Pokemon, which appears to be the same as a normal one, but has surf.

I want to make it so the player starts the game waking up in his bed in littleroot... how exactly might one go about doing this?
There's a tool called Start Map Chooser Advance (SMCA). It'll let you change the X and Y positions, as well as the starting map.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
If I try opening my ROM in VBA, all it gives me is a white screen - no intro screen, no sound, nothing. If I load it from an already saved point, I can play the game fine, but starting any kind of new game would be impossible. I think it's been doing this for a while, but I can't pinpoint _when_, because I've been testing my scripts and stuff by loading from save points rather than playing from the beginning, so I didn't notice it straight away.

I've tried removing every script I've edited from Advance Map, but it's made no difference. Is there anything else that could be causing the white screen? The only other things I've done in the game other than insert scripts are change the name, description and price of a few items in Item Editor, change a few Pokemon evolutions and moves in YAPE, and change some trainers in Advance Trainer. Could any of these be the issue? Is there anything I can do, or am I just going to have to start the whole thing again?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
If I try opening my ROM in VBA, all it gives me is a white screen - no intro screen, no sound, nothing. If I load it from an already saved point, I can play the game fine, but starting any kind of new game would be impossible. I think it's been doing this for a while, but I can't pinpoint _when_, because I've been testing my scripts and stuff by loading from save points rather than playing from the beginning, so I didn't notice it straight away.

I've tried removing every script I've edited from Advance Map, but it's made no difference. Is there anything else that could be causing the white screen? The only other things I've done in the game other than insert scripts are change the name, description and price of a few items in Item Editor, change a few Pokemon evolutions and moves in YAPE, and change some trainers in Advance Trainer. Could any of these be the issue? Is there anything I can do, or am I just going to have to start the whole thing again?
You screwed something. Restart.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024

You screwed something. Restart.

Backups.
Always make backups.

On another note, one time, a script overwrote the offset 0x800000. I just set that script back to normal, using the same script offset from a clean ROM, replacing my script, and it worked.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
How might i reset that offset that hinkage mentined? (0x80000000)

Just click "Open Script" in A-Map without assigning anyone a script.

You can edit it, but there's no real point -- in script form it's just nonsense, and changing anything will brick your game.

G33K

The guy you will someday work
Years
[SIZE="a"]thanks for the quick reply. and i needed this info because it got screwed up and it wont open in vba so i need to replace it with the script from an un-edited rom.[/SIZE]

Years
I'm trying to hack Firered, and I'm wondering, is there an easy way to change the order that Pokemon appear in the Pokedex? I tried using the tool from here but it just screwed the Pokedex up. :S

Years
Is it possible to change wild pokemon found a route after you get the national dex? In other words, is it possible to have one set of pokemon in a specified route with the regional dex, and a different set for that same route once the national dex is gained?

droomph

weeb
Years
Is it possible to change wild pokemon found a route after you get the national dex? In other words, is it possible to have one set of pokemon in a specified route with the regional dex, and a different set for that same route once the national dex is gained?

Yes, but you would need to find that block of data in the RAM, and then make a routine/script changing that block, and set up a script to activate said routine or script when certain conditions are met as an enter-the-map type script.

Yeah, I don't know where any of that is either. But it's in there somewhere, so you can certainly do that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
In Fire Red Is there any way to make tm's permanent like they are in Pokemon White\Black?
Like, If you use a TM it doesn't go away, because it can be used an infinite number of times.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
I'm trying to do a simple "fix" for Yellow, fixing the type matchups to be more similar to how they are in later generations. I've gotten so used to having a ghost take down a psychic on its own that going back to the Gen 1 type matchups is jarring. I've been looking through the thread, but I can't seem to find anything that's close enough to what I'm looking for (the closest match was a type matchups editor... for Gen 3).

Is there a tool I can use for this? If not, what do I look for in the hex addresses?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
In Fire Red Is there any way to make tm's permanent like they are in Pokemon White\Black?
Like, If you use a TM it doesn't go away, because it can be used an infinite number of times.
ASM, probably. I don't know if there's an easier way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back