• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Иιио

♥ Soy una dulzura
Years
Yes, looks like my social teacher in 7th xD (1st the secondary) "The living mummy"
LOL, I recently just realized that (Leaf Stone), well, stay well of deformed (?
Then think of something xD or invent an object (?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Um, hi. My name's Ruff and I'm mainly interested in helping to sprite? ^-^ But I also like writing and can help with ideas for routes, gyms, puzzles and the like (which looks like it's what you guys are working on atm).

Name: Ruff, or rufflestiltskin
Skill(s): Spriting, Trainer spriting, Overworld spriting, Pokemon creator, Text editor I guess...? (for writing)
Main role: Spriting
Past experience: I've never worked on a hack before, but I've been dreaming up pokemon for a really long time. I only recently got into spriting, but I'm very dedicated and hoping to use this project to improve.
Contact Information: I'd prefer just a PM on here...?
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (-5)
Other:
Here's a couple examples of my work. ^-^ I hope it's okay.

b5h8aw.png
2hqc8s0.png
34ywyg2.png
mux3wh.png
24pvwr9.png
32zj3mf.png

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Um, hi. My name's Ruff and I'm mainly interested in helping to sprite? ^-^ But I also like writing and can help with ideas for routes, gyms, puzzles and the like (which looks like it's what you guys are working on atm).

Name: Ruff, or rufflestiltskin
Skill(s): Spriting, Trainer spriting, Overworld spriting, Pokemon creator, Text editor I guess...? (for writing)
Main role: Spriting
Past experience: I've never worked on a hack before, but I've been dreaming up pokemon for a really long time. I only recently got into spriting, but I'm very dedicated and hoping to use this project to improve.
Contact Information: I'd prefer just a PM on here...?
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (-5)
Other:
Here's a couple examples of my work. ^-^ I hope it's okay.

b5h8aw.png
2hqc8s0.png
34ywyg2.png
mux3wh.png
24pvwr9.png
32zj3mf.png

Hello there! Cosmotone or Outkin should add you to the list later. Your sprites are great! Remember that the limit is 16 colors and 64x64 canvas for Pokemon!

Also, I had no idea.
Here I bring to the leader, tell me if they want any changes, so know how to make the minis.
Is the leader type bug.
i76a2v.jpg

Url: http://i41.tinypic.com/i76a2v.jpg
PD: Sorry for the delay, I spent three days in bed with pneumonia xDUU

Is that image saved as a .JPG? *rages*

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
@rufflestilskin Welcome to the team! We need all the spriters we can get. I like your leaf lion thing. :)
@ Nino She looks weird. And it looks like that she is sticking her tongue out. But if you can make a vs sprite for it, do whatever you want :P
Also, we need to get some more maps and stuff before we even start on the Fakemon. Gym Leaders and Elite Four are fine, but all else must wait on maps and other things like tiles.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
@rufflestilskin Welcome to the team! We need all the spriters we can get. I like your leaf lion thing. :)
@ Nino She looks weird. And it looks like that she is sticking her tongue out. But if you can make a vs sprite for it, do whatever you want :P
Also, we need to get some more maps and stuff before we even start on the Fakemon. Gym Leaders and Elite Four are fine, but all else must wait on maps and other things like tiles.

Oh that map! I got a bunch of schoolwork to do (you should know, Cosmotone), so I can't work on that map much... :(

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Omigosh, thanks so much for accepting me. :) I'm really glad to be a part of the team.

I can't be much help with the mapping problem... But if someone could send me a list of pokemon ideas/trainer classes/gym leaders that need to be sprited, I could get started on that? Do we have a complete fakedex system organized? Some of the images in this thread aren't showing up for me...

Иιио

♥ Soy una dulzura
Years

Is that image saved as a .JPG? *rages*

No, always keep in PNG. You wanna change it??

Nino She looks weird. And it looks like that she is sticking her tongue out. But if you can make a vs sprite for it, do whatever you want :P
lol, she's not sticking his tongue out, smiling.
Yes, we need maps. xD, I have not the slightest idea how to do it, bah yes, but I did not go well.

Omigosh, thanks so much for accepting me. :) I'm really glad to be a part of the team.

I can't be much help with the mapping problem... But if someone could send me a list of pokemon ideas/trainer classes/gym leaders that need to be sprited, I could get started on that? Do we have a complete fakedex system organized? Some of the images in this thread aren't showing up for me...
Welcome.
Um, I have no idea, although it is true, we would need a list of ideas more or less.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Sorry I've been gone, I've been busy and sick :(

Everything's looking great guys, I have a rough sketch on an idea for a region map/setup, tell me what you guys think.

(This is why I don't do art lol)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Looks okay, but too, I dunno, one way? like there arent enough connecting routes or something.... It also just flat out needs a lot of work, no offense intended. I've had a couple of ideas and random sketches of town maps just randomly laying around. Will see if I can upload them. We don't need to use mine, but we need to use one with a little better layout. Again, no offense intended whatsoever.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Well, every region has a couple of pokemon it needs for sure. Stuff every gen has had, like:
-the three starters
-a couple of bug pokemon for early routes (it sounds like Nino's idea of one caterpillar with many evolutions could fill this slot)
-a bird pokemon or two for early routes (think pidgey/spearow/starly)
-a rodent for early routes (rattata/zigzagoon/patrat)
-a trio of legendaries (like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres or Raikou/Entei/Suicune)
-Main legendaries (looks like Solrock and Lunatone?)
-Event legendary (mew/celebi/shaymin)

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. A lot of the rest of the dex is open to interpretation. Every gen has added between 130-150 new pokemon, so that's about how many we'll need. If it's alright with everyone, I'd like to create a blank image numbered 1-130 that everyone can update with new sprites or ideas?

EDIT: Think something like this. The boxes are for the actual sprites and there's enough room above them for people to add a name or quick description of their idea.

Last edited:
Years
i like the five senses idea. but what would they be?? like a hand or an ear or something?? i guess with teh hand it could be facing backwards and the wrist cutoff could be the face or something... please tell me what you had in mind for the senses. im not a very good idea person, so idk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back