• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
hiii !!! :) can i ask a question ??
I have completed d zherry region and lauren region and now what to do ?? i hav come back to yellow town .... plz tell what all thngs i hav to do .... i think der is just 1 thng left ie championship right ?? but how to go der ?? please answer all of my questions !! :(
Thnxx....
And u kno i started playing this game 3 days before i.e., on 26th of may and i completed till lauren region !! :)
This was an awsum game !! i spent a lot of time in dis game !!! :) i loved ur game !!!!! :)

EDIT:- I HAV DEFEATED STEVEN IN SNOWCE CITY AND I WENT BACK TO YELLOW TOWN AND TALKED TO ASH NEAR THE ARCEUS STATUE AND HE GAVE ME WORLD PASS AND NOW I CAN DO THROUGH D TRAINS I MEAN NOW I CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TRAIN ..AND SO I WENT TO D CHAMPIONSHIP and den i used surf and caught jirachi........ and i hav also seen regi temple but its empty :( But a good thing is dat i defeated championship ...i defeated ash and i won !! :) den i hav come to yellow town and flied to mt.draken and defeated lance and got orange pass and den i caught zapdos and lugia and mewto and mew ....but i dont kno how to find articuno and moltres :( plzz tell me ...and i defeated eusin and caught arceus and OH ho , celebi , regirock,deoxyx ....And this means dat v hav to just catch legenedaries right ?

IF ANY THNG IS LEFT PLZ TELL ME .... AND ALSO TELL ME DAT BEFORE CHAMPIONSHIP WHAT ALL THNGS I HAV LEFT AND AFTER CHAMPIONSHIP WHAT SHALL V HAV TO DO ??
Thnxxxxx a lot !! :)
Nothing left except to re-battle the leagues and play the World Championships again

i understand it has all pokes of all gens

my question is

what type of pokemon version is this following?

i.e. move set learning from gen 5? gen 4? gen 3?

gen 4 dragonite learn dragon dance, anything before that does not
Not all pokes upto Gen 5 are available. You have to note that this hack has a base ROM of ruby which holds 386 slots and some extra ones. Many unwanted Pokes have been replaced with new ones. The game follows the move sets of Gen 3 but I am sure Wesley has edited those also

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
so im trying to raise a lucario. i wanna make sure that im not wasting my time with it though. can anyone with a lucario tell me its learnset by levels?

Years
so im trying to raise a lucario. i wanna make sure that im not wasting my time with it though. can anyone with a lucario tell me its learnset by levels?
No one has exact data of Lucario which you require. But I assure you it is needed much in the party and is great against many gym leaders in Light Platinum. Because I have raised one myself

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
Please, where can I find the move deleter? :)

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So, what Pokemon from Gen 4 and 5 does Light Platinum contain? And where do I find the codes for them?
This might be your best answer.

Codes? Just catch them! Some are gifts, too, such as a Deino from a weird guy in one cave who only gives it to you if you fit his ideals or something.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What's weird about main movie villain that wants to control Giratina so much that he travels into Torn World?
Technically, that's an anime question. Trying to figure out how it pertains to this hack since "main movie villain" isn't in this hack. Unless I'm mistaken.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Hi WesleyFG, I was wondering if I could use your ROM as a base for my Rom. I will give credit and everything but I wanted permission before I did anything

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The base ROM is Ruby you know.. You can easily find it by Googling it!!!!. What is so special about Wesley's ROM??? Nothing....
Facepalm... I seriously did... :D
Man... he wants to use Wesley's ROM (Light Platinum) as base for his hack...

Technically, that's an anime question. Trying to figure out how it pertains to this hack since "main movie villain" isn't in this hack. Unless I'm mistaken.
Well... the Zero in game is adaptation of anime Zero ;)

Hi WesleyFG, I was wondering if I could use your ROM as a base for my Rom. I will give credit and everything but I wanted permission before I did anything
Wesley did give permission to use his tiles some time ago so it means that as long as you credit him and change maps so they won't look like LP's ones, you are free to do it.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I just began playing Light Platinum last night; it's been addictively fun so far, except for one frustrating problem. My team can't get past the swarm of angry Combee in Inhore Forest; my earlier meeting with the evacuated gym leader implies that I'm supposed to notify her. How and where do I solve this problem? Please heip out if you can!

Fujiko

Devon Corporation Secretary
Years
I still have a ruby cartridge c:
how do I change it into Light Platinum?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just began playing Light Platinum last night; it's been addictively fun so far, except for one frustrating problem. My team can't get past the swarm of angry Combee in Inhore Forest; my earlier meeting with the evacuated gym leader implies that I'm supposed to notify her. How and where do I solve this problem? Please heip out if you can!
Well, after you reach Inhore City, which I won't spoil what you see, you can head back to where the Combee are currently located.

Key word: "currently".

I still have a ruby cartridge c:
how do I change it into Light Platinum?
I facedesked. Seriously.

You can't change a cartridge. Only a ROM.

Cyclone

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Please forgive me if this question's been asked a hundred times, but--does this game have a Move Tutor? I just evolved a high-level Magikarp to Gyarados with the Rare Candy I'd been saving; but the thing still has a terrible, Magikarp-ish moveset. Somehow, I need to get her learning decent attacks before my next face-off with Team Steam! (I'm currently on Imatari Island, hunting the Orb thieves down.)

Back