• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★Simple Vanilla★ - Normal Type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
For slacking and its godly stats, I would abuse its massive powwer with a choice band. It suites it abillity in the way that Slacking performs a hit and run style of play. Switch in, launch an attack like a nuke, and switch out. Fits choice band nicely, and you wont realy be effected by traunt as long as you switch(albeit still loosing a turn while switching to an appropriate counter to your opponent's current pokemon)
If this worked it would be amazing, but I'm pretty sure Truant doesn't let you switch out on the turn after you attack, I think you have to wait 'till he's finished truanting. So you'd be using up 4 turns and an unclean switch in for the next Pokémon all to launch one nuke... Albeit an amazingly powerful nuke, but still haha.

I think Togekiss is strongest. With serene grace, air slash and kings rock it's a hax master
Oh god parahax Togekiss is the devil itself in Pokémon form. Facing those in battles is like ripping your teeth out :(

Strongest Normal Type Pokemon in my opinion is Lickilicky. It's such a good staller with a few curse's set up! ^_^
That's not one I ever expected to come up lmao. What can Lickilicky offer that other Normal types can't? Is it sturdy enough to survive using Curse? xD

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
If this worked it would be amazing, but I'm pretty sure Truant doesn't let you switch out on the turn after you attack, I think you have to wait 'till he's finished truanting. So you'd be using up 4 turns and an unclean switch in for the next Pokémon all to launch one nuke... Albeit an amazingly powerful nuke, but still haha.

Oh god parahax Togekiss is the devil itself in Pokémon form. Facing those in battles is like ripping your teeth out :(

That's not one I ever expected to come up lmao. What can Lickilicky offer that other Normal types can't? Is it sturdy enough to survive using Curse? xD

Usually, yes! I use the moveset - Curse, Dragon Tail, Rest and Sleep Talk. For me, a nooby competitive battler it's a great Pokémon to use! :)

Years
Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Skitty, Aipom, Cinccino
Reason for Joining: Normal types are adorable and have a whole slew of awesome moves they can learn, so I find them awesome!
What is the strongest normal type in your opinion? After being walled by Lickilicky to the point where the match was a draw twice... I'd say Licky. But if we're talking potential I think Snorlax has a lot of it! Bulky and pretty great movepool.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Metronome~

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Oh yeah, and for the voting, I vote for Eevee. I don't know why, but...it fits...I think.

Years
Welcome to the club Cirno! Always happy to have new members on board!

And I like your partner choices, Skitty is just super adorable, Cinccino is a beast with Technician and Aipom (along with its evo Ambipom) is among my fave Normal-types.

And as for the current topic of strong Normal-types, Togekiss is definitely one that has to be feared in competitive battling. With a combination of Air Slash, Serene Grace and a King's Rock this thing becomes a flinch hax spammer like no other. I totally agree with ya Alex on Togekiss, it's deadly with that flinch-crazy combo.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
C'mon, the strongest Normal type got to be a Snorlax right? It has good defence, attack and that obvious high HP.

I have to give credit to Togekiss though, it has an awesome movepool and its always used in Competitive battling like what Hikari said.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Hey guys, everything is updated, including the member list and topics.

So firstly I'd like to welcome Cirno for joining us! It seems you picked some adorable looking pokemon. ;)

Also I'd like to congradulate AlexOzzyCake for reaching 10 posts, and acheive your first simple vanilla star next to your name.

As for the voting for the club mascot, not surprisingly at all the winner is Eevee! And I cant blame all who voted for the little furball, cuz he's downright adorable!

As for the current topic:

I think alot of people are agreeing tha Togekiss is among the strongest normal types. And yea I agree. Just look at its movepool, its stats(great phsical and special bulk, along with killer sp attack, and decent speed), it can perform a wide variety of tasks and functions for its team. It can sweep with nasty plot, support with wish and heal bell, flinch hax with air slash/thunder wave, double battle support, etc. etc. Really, Togekiss is one of those pokemon you can really get creative with. I've seen people use it on a rain team with water pulse abusing the rain boost along with its abillity(serene grace) to boost confusion chance. I use Togekiss on my OU team consistently so I'm familiar with its potential.

If you guys want to continue discussing the current topic you all are free to do so. However I do have some new topic ideas in mind.

EDIT/NOTICE: Ok guys I changed my mind. We are going to have a featured pokemon every so often instead of a permanent mascot. Simply because I find it awkward to have eevee as the mascot seeing as there is already an eevee and eeveelution club. Nonetheless, eevee is still our featured pokemon winner.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
What is the strongest normal type in your opinion?

I'd would say Slaking if not for Traunt slowing it down. Without that ability it would be the strongest. So I'm gonna say Togekiss is the strongest. From what I read on Smogon ,it's a sweeper, a defensive tank, a Nasty Ploter and Baton Passer all in one! And along with Serene Grace, great stats and movepool to top it off.

Jiggly

in a relationship with Jynx
Years
Name: Jiggly

Partner Pokemon: Pink Floyd the Jigglypuff, Proxy the Ditto, and Patronus the Stantler

Reason for Joining: I've loved normal type pokemon since I can remember. They're strong, and very capable of taking out the best of the best. I'm also infatuated by their appearance too! From the cute and the fluffy to the badass and the sassy, there's a normal type Pokémon for everyone! Also, normal type moves are very impressive. You have totally devastating moves like Hyper Beam & Giga Impact, but as well as those you have moves like Attract or Sing. Urgh they're just so great.

Answer the current topic: Which is the strongest normal type Pokémon? I've always loved Blissey because it's probably one of the toughest walls out there. It's cute as heck too! Porygon & it's evo's are pretty slick too.

Favorite Normal Type Move: Metronome

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

As stated earlier, I've never really actually used that many Normal type Pokemon, and I've never really battle competitively, so it's kinda hard to answer while mentioning a Pokemon that is actually strong. From the ones I've used though, I think I'd have to say Snorlax. I tried it out in Pokemon Online once a while back, and with the right moveset, it did really well in battle. Of course a lot of the reason for that is due to the effect of the moves, especially Curse that with enough uses could turn it nearly unstopable from anything other than critical hits, however it's still one of the strongest I've yet used.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

HYPER BEAM IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR

Let's be serious now, Guillotine/Horn Drill. One hit K-O. It may be the worst for accuracy, but it's the thing to destroy strong tanks.

Years
This looks interesting :)

Name: Roranosuke
Partner Pokemon: Porygon, Smeargle, & Blissey.
Reason for Joining: Most of my favourites are normal. It's a really neutral type, & it has the fewest strengths & weaknesses.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Sketch!

OT: Barring Arceus for obvious reasons, I'd personally say the strongest would probably be Regigigas, because in my experience it has no problem enduring it's 5 turn Slow Start before it's stats jump above most other legendaries.

I do somewhat agree with Umbr30n though, nothing takes out a tank like Lock-on & Horn Drill.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
This looks interesting :)

Name: Roranosuke
Partner Pokemon: Porygon, Smeargle, & Blissey.
Reason for Joining: Most of my favourites are normal. It's a really neutral type, & it has the fewest strengths & weaknesses.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Sketch!

OT: Barring Arceus for obvious reasons, I'd personally say the strongest would probably be Regigigas, because in my experience it has no problem enduring it's 5 turn Slow Start before it's stats jump above most other legendaries.

I do somewhat agree with Umbr30n though, nothing takes out a tank like Lock-on & Horn Drill.

Welcome guy, and that combination is quite despicable but at the same time, sick!

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I didn't actually think Lock-On would ever be that useful, but I guess in situations like that, it'd help out greatly :) But that requires the Pokemon to be able to take a hit itself, but I guess most tanks are pretty slow, so Sturdy and some speed-boosting item should do the trick. But I guess people think about such stuff before making such move combinations :p

Never used Regigigas, but I have heard from a few people that it's pretty good, only thing ruining it is its Slow Start ability, which was apparently what ruined its TCG equivelant. But it should be pretty strong and bulky, so I'd love to use one, just never managed to get all 3 regis in a game in which it was in :p

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
Name: AmericanWonderland
Partner Pokemon: Jinx the Eevee, Kuma the Teddiursa, and Clover the Cincinno
Reason for Joining: I positively love normal types.
Answer the current topic: I believe the strongest normal type is Arceus, considering that Arceus created all of the Pokemon, and is therefore a very powerful normal type, and one that is skilled in all different types apart from it's own.
Favorite Normal Type Move: My favorite normal type move is Swift, because it looks very cool, and it never misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back