• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh the humanity! YouTube's new comment layout.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
I wish Google didn't bought YouTube at all.
Ever since they bought it, YT has been going uglier and uglier in every update... -,-

What I really hate the most is that I'm now forced to visit my G+ account to check on my newly received comments. -,-

When it happened, I thought it was an awesome thing, that YouTube would see improvements in stability and other problems they had in the past. Strange how that has all changed, now I concur with you, it would have been better to see YouTube closed down than owned by Google, and I actually like Google.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have a question about all of this... Do comments and such get transfered to my Gmail or only G+ account? I don't have nor want a G+ account, so if I have to make one just to look at comments, I'm sorry but I am going to be p*****.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
None of those things really seem to drive me to prefer Google+ over Facebook or other social network.
It dosen't have too, nothing is perfect for everyone. I don't like Google+'s layout, I find Tumblr confusing, I don't see a point in instagram, facebook does stupid updates (but Google updates G+ to make it better.)

I think this is the best response I've seen from a popular youtuber. And she's spot on mostly. I mean I'm sure theres a part of Google that's devoted to youtube, and making this change work. But its one small thing, and hating is easy when it comes to change.
vvv Video vvv
Video Link b.c I don't know how to embed. Darn you PC, I hate you! lol.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
It dosen't have too, nothing is perfect for everyone. I don't like Google+'s layout, I find Tumblr confusing, I don't see a point in instagram, facebook does stupid updates (but Google updates G+ to make it better.)

I think this is the best response I've seen from a popular youtuber. And she's spot on mostly. I mean I'm sure theres a part of Google that's devoted to youtube, and making this change work. But its one small thing, and hating is easy when it comes to change.
vvv Video vvv

iJustine has always annoyed me, still does.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I wish Google didn't bought YouTube at all.
Ever since they bought it, YT has been going uglier and uglier in every update... -,-

What I really hate the most is that I'm now forced to visit my G+ account to check on my newly received comments. -,-

Google bought YouTube in 2006, Google+ came in 2011, or something like that.
Nobody could possibly know all this **** was coming, 7 years later.

Besides, YouTube was initially a School Project, if a company wouldn't buy it, we wouldn't have YouTube today.
But the thing is, Google shouldn't change so much, every change they make leads to negativity, and it's a full transformation, for the most of the time.
Look at Twitter or Facebook, they change just minor stuff, and they're commonly appreciated by their users, and after years, they still look the same.

However, if it was possible, I'd leave YouTube already, but if I do, I would have no money to even live from anymore.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

vvv Video vvv
As a subscriber to iJustine, i saw this as soon as she posted it. I'm still not a fan of the new integration , that opinion might not change for a while, but I agree with her with hating thing just to hate them. Though I'm not hating Google's new update just to hate it, I 'm just not to fond of being made to use Google + when I prefer Facebook or Twitter over it. I find Google plus kind of boring for whatever reason.

And then all of the sudden spammy comments that didn't exist as much before hand is one thing I can't stand seeing. I'm tired of seeing all of the male genitalia ,Nazi symbols, and long walls of texts from books that have nothing to do with the video. -___-

MKGirlism

Years
These kind of Spam Comments didn't affect me yet, but since YouTube switched to this Commenting System, we suddenly get people saying "Subscribe to me", which is annoying too.

Edit:
It looks like YouTube Live still runs on YouTube Comments, instead of Google+ Comments.
Screen%20Shot%202013-11-12%20at%2012.52.30.png

Edit 2:
More proof.
Screen%20Shot%202013-11-12%20at%2012.58.13.png

Last edited:
Years
I have seen MORE spam since the change, because there doesn't seem to be a way to up or down vote comments via YT itself (I think you can + them in g+)

It's annoying, I LOVED the most liked comments, they're hilarious haha

Oh well

Years
The new comment system is actually beginning to warm up to me a little.. although I will say it's annoying for those who have G+ and comment but don't want their profiles to be filled by Youtube comments that you have to click the little checkmark to disable publishing to G+ profile, unless there's a way to turn that off by default.

countryemo

Years
I seen some spammy stuff on the videos my brother watches but all the coments on stuff I was has normal to more mature comments. And once you're connected to Google+, you don't have to deal with it unless you want to. And all the new stuff youtube creators have control of is great. Plus I actually can tell right away when someone replies to my comment.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
YouTube in itself is ****ed, before the change in late-201, it was great, no problems at all... Since Google came along and started their ******** and now their Google+ ********, I cannot stand YouTube anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I still question why I still use YouTube. I really do. They just want to use YouTube, a proven to be successful business model to kick out Facebook. Sorry, it ain't happening. Nobody really wants Google+ since they don't see what it can do what Facebook cannot. Either leave YouTube alone or just freaking merge the two already.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I seen some spammy stuff on the videos my brother watches but all the coments on stuff I was has normal to more mature comments. And once you're connected to Google+, you don't have to deal with it unless you want to. And all the new stuff youtube creators have control of is great. Plus I actually can tell right away when someone replies to my comment.

Well more and more I keep seeing spam comment , not sure what videos you're watching. Particularly the good old guy named Bob.

Spoiler:

Proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gyZ35074k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdwKhTtNNw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyH195RZM4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUGCPAOQDZa_TTTXDr5byjww http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutgWjz10sM

People used to spam this guy all the time several years back. I thought he died off for sure, but nope. It's so funny how people think that by spamming YouTube videos with "BOB" and other copy/paste spam comments will make Google change the comment layout back. They'll just find their way around it.

TY

OMG How many times i have seen this stupid spam. It is so annoying that people like Totalbiscuit and others just turned their comments off. Seeing as more people are doing this, YT comments will die soon or late cause of them.

countryemo

Years
Youtubers now have full control of what can be commented. If they don't want F**k, then ban it. If they don't want check out my channel, ban it. If they don't want bob, ban the stuff that makes up those comments. They have the control to make the comment enviroment that they want, but they wont.

MKGirlism

Years
Well, I've set a small word list to test it, but nobody used any of these words yet.
And you won't Ban them, you have to manually approve Comments, if one of the words match.

droomph

weeb
Years
I really question why people think spamming Bob would make Google bring back the old system, but that's not me so I don't care. I do report them when I see them, although I don't think that would make such a big difference in the long run.

As for my personal opinion, until they 1) ask for my credit card or Social Security numbers, and/or 2) more than 50% ads/BS, I don't give a crap what they do with Youtube, Facebook, whatever goes on these days. They could put flying dildos on the homepage and I wouldn't care one bit, because they're giving me this great way to watch videos for free. I think the least I could do is give them the 4¢ I already give them by putting up with the ads (although they are annoying lol), and let them experiment with whatever.

However, I do think that pushing a failed/failing service on a successful service is probably not the publicity you want to give either product (you know, via your main company).

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Google should just accept that Facebook with all its faults is better than Google+ and give up. It happened with the Betamax, it happened with the HD-DVD, it happened with the Dreamcast. Google only has to lose by forcefeeding Google+ into people, although there are the sheep who will still go to YouTube despite the link to Google+ simply because the competitors like Dailymotion and Vimeo aren't very popular.

And this isn't happening only with Google+. A friend of mine wanted to show the advantages of Hangouts over other instant messaging services such as Skype, but it seems Google fails spectacularly at advertising all of their products that aren't their search engine or Android, since people will still rather go to Skype, because, well, Skype is already established in the market. People won't change their service just because the new one is made by Google.

Back