• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Final team member for Platinum

GPK

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
I got pretty far in Platinum, but I haven't had a firm 6th team member, the rest of my team has been with me since I caught them. This at the moment is my current team (though all move sets can be changed later)

Prinplup (33) Torrent
-Metal Claw
-Brine
-Surf
-Cut

Luxray (32) Intimidate
-Strength
-Swagger (I know this is a terrible move for a Pokémon with Intimidate, I'm changing it asap)
-Bite
-Spark

Togekiss (32) Serene Grace
-Aura Sphere
-Fly
-Air Slash
-Roost

Gabite (33) Sand Veil
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Sandstorm
-Stealth Rock

Gallade (32) Steadfast
-Psycho Cut
-Double Team
-Rock Smash
-Drain Punch

I am ready to battle the Seventh Gym Leader Candice. Any suggestions for a final Pokémon for her, or any future trainers? I am able to trade evolve any Pokémon I want so the sky's the limit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
GPK

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Frankly it's up to you as to what Pokemon to get but I find having a Fire Type to be of use against Candice and Aaron in the Elite Four. Also will help against Cynthia's Lucario. Fire types are rather limited in the Sinnoh Pokédex with Houndoom, Infernape, Flareon, Rapidash and Magmortar as your options. Of that I'm rather fond of Flareon and Fox Pokemon, but Houndoom's Dark Typing would do well against Lucian in the Elite Four.

GPK

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
Frankly it's up to you as to what Pokemon to get but I find having a Fire Type to be of use against Candice and Aaron in the Elite Four. Also will help against Cynthia's Lucario. Fire types are rather limited in the Sinnoh Pokédex with Houndoom, Infernape, Flareon, Rapidash and Magmortar as your options. Of that I'm rather fond of Flareon and Fox Pokemon, but Houndoom's Dark Typing would do well against Lucian in the Elite Four.

My usual choice would be Flareon as well since I love all of the eevee evolutions, but I have heard that Flareon has a tough moveset in this gen, being a physical attacker and lacking many fire physical moves. Houndoom would work great too, but it wouldn't be of use with Cynthia's Lucario like you mentioned since Houndoom is weak to Fighting.

Other than that, I think Flareon or Houndoom would be fine members on the team, I'll definitely consider them, but other options and suggestions are still open to the thread.

Thank you!
GPK

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
Get yourself a Houndoom. It's pretty good and I think it would suit your team well. Other than that your team looks great. I used a very similar team to yours instead I used Staraptor, not Togekiss, and I had a Houndoom. E4 were no problem to me

GPK

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
Get yourself a Houndoom. It's pretty good and I think it would suit your team well. Other than that your team looks great. I used a very similar team to yours instead I used Staraptor, not Togekiss, and I had a Houndoom. E4 were no problem to me

I did, it works great! Thank you guys for the help!

Back