The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1301    
Old March 29th, 2011 (1:44 PM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
la justice
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Age: 26
Nature: Timid
Posts: 31,705
I would save it for a legendary dog (depends on who your starter is). One of them will roam Kanto after you beat the E4, but it runs when you find it, so the Master Ball would be good for that.
__________________

some princes don't become kings.
  #1302    
Old March 29th, 2011 (2:40 PM).
A_Creative_Name A_Creative_Name is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red1530 View Post
    I would not use it on the Snorlax because it has a higher catch rate then the legendary Pokémon.
    Oops. Well, that's what a first playthrough is for, I guess.
      #1303    
    Old March 30th, 2011 (5:36 AM).
    SonicTH's Avatar
    SonicTH SonicTH is offline
    Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
       
      Join Date: Feb 2011
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 42
      Guys,help me please...I can't save my LeafGreen game...

      What I have to do?
      __________________
      -they are so cute together)



      -welcome to my and my friend's site!
        #1304    
      Old March 30th, 2011 (6:00 AM).
      Blue's Avatar
      Blue Blue is offline
      ASTRO
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: United Kingdom
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 20,979
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post
      Guys,help me please...I can't save my LeafGreen game...
      What I have to do?
      What happens when you try to save?
        #1305    
      Old March 30th, 2011 (6:01 AM).
      SonicTH's Avatar
      SonicTH SonicTH is offline
      Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
         
        Join Date: Feb 2011
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 42
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post


        What happens when you try to save?
        Save error,and...Nothing...
        (((
        __________________
        -they are so cute together)



        -welcome to my and my friend's site!
          #1306    
        Old March 30th, 2011 (9:03 AM).
        Perriechu's Avatar
        Perriechu Perriechu is offline
        no more sad songs
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Location: England
        Age: 22
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 4,074
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post
        Save error,and...Nothing...
        (((
        Since this is an emulation question in a way, I don't think it's aloud ;o;

        But I'll answer anyway; Open up VBA, go to,

        Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Click 128K or something, it should be under 64. It should save then.
        __________________
        twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
          #1307    
        Old March 30th, 2011 (5:18 PM).
        A_Creative_Name A_Creative_Name is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 11
          Or just use VBA's save states which work much better anyway.
            #1308    
          Old March 31st, 2011 (8:56 AM).
          SonicTH's Avatar
          SonicTH SonicTH is offline
          Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
             
            Join Date: Feb 2011
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Lonely
            Posts: 42
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by A_Creative_Name View Post
            Or just use VBA's save states which work much better anyway.
            I wanted to play with my friend (VBA Link),but this ver. can't read save files from another VBA...(Emulator save files).That's why I want GAME save file.

            Quote:
            Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Click 128K or something, it should be under 64. It should save then.
            I tried ... It does not help
            __________________
            -they are so cute together)



            -welcome to my and my friend's site!
              #1309    
            Old March 31st, 2011 (9:37 AM).
            Perriechu's Avatar
            Perriechu Perriechu is offline
            no more sad songs
             
            Join Date: Apr 2009
            Location: England
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 4,074
            Well then it's the actual ROM, download a new one and move on.
            __________________
            twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
              #1310    
            Old March 31st, 2011 (9:47 AM).
            Sydian's Avatar
            Sydian Sydian is offline
            la justice
             
            Join Date: Feb 2008
            Location: Georgia
            Age: 26
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 31,705
            Okay guys, seriously. If someone's having trouble with emulators or ROMs, please refer them to the Emulation forum where they can probably get better and quicker help.
            __________________

            some princes don't become kings.
              #1311    
            Old April 1st, 2011 (7:01 AM).
            Yoshimad123's Avatar
            Yoshimad123 Yoshimad123 is offline
             
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Location: England
              Nature: Naive
              Posts: 15
              I'm trying to hatch a shiny Shuppet in Ruby.
              If the egg only has one step left until it actually hatches, can I soft-reset and keep taking that one step until it hatches into a shiny, or is the shininess determined from when you first get the egg?
                #1312    
              Old April 1st, 2011 (7:31 AM).
              Ursula's Avatar
              Ursula Ursula is online now
              My dear, sweet child . . .
               
              Join Date: Jun 2005
              Location: louisiana
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 4,200
              I'm pretty sure it's determined when you get the egg.
              __________________
              Paired with Laslow and Cherrim
              Like & The PokéCommunity on Facebook! | Mod of Off-Topic
                #1313    
              Old April 1st, 2011 (10:22 AM).
              Palkia's Avatar
              Palkia Palkia is offline
              the thread killer™
               
              Join Date: Apr 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2,311
              In the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald, are pokemon over level 50 downgraded to level 50 or are they just plain not allowed?
                #1314    
              Old April 1st, 2011 (11:26 AM).
              Sydian's Avatar
              Sydian Sydian is offline
              la justice
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Location: Georgia
              Age: 26
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 31,705
              They'll be elegible for open battle, iirc. But they won't be allowed in the level 50 ones, no.
              __________________

              some princes don't become kings.
                #1315    
              Old April 4th, 2011 (5:33 PM).
              PokeMasterLM's Avatar
              PokeMasterLM PokeMasterLM is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2011
                Location: Manto Region
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Rash
                Posts: 15
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yoshimad123 View Post
                I'm trying to hatch a shiny Shuppet in Ruby.
                If the egg only has one step left until it actually hatches, can I soft-reset and keep taking that one step until it hatches into a shiny, or is the shininess determined from when you first get the egg?
                It is when you first get the egg.
                save it before you get the egg from the,
                old man. make sure you have empty boxes.
                and keep hatching till you get a shiny
                  #1316    
                Old April 13th, 2011 (2:01 AM).
                SpeedzSterzz's Avatar
                SpeedzSterzz SpeedzSterzz is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 8
                  I'm playing saphire version and I am going to start my first ever form of EV training.

                  Can somebody just give me a quick rundown of how to EV train effectively on pokemon saphire?

                  Can I EV train any low level pokemon or do I have to breed and start at level 5? And when do you stop EV training on a pokemon? How do I know that my pokemon are gaining EV's after a battle?

                  Some help would be very much appreciated.

                  Thanks guys.
                    #1317    
                  Old April 13th, 2011 (3:06 AM).
                  PlatinumDude's Avatar
                  PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                  Nyeh?
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2010
                  Location: Canada
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Hasty
                  Posts: 12,953
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SpeedzSterzz View Post
                  I'm playing saphire version and I am going to start my first ever form of EV training.

                  Can somebody just give me a quick rundown of how to EV train effectively on pokemon saphire?

                  Can I EV train any low level pokemon or do I have to breed and start at level 5? And when do you stop EV training on a pokemon? How do I know that my pokemon are gaining EV's after a battle?

                  Some help would be very much appreciated.

                  Thanks guys.
                  Basically, when you beat a Pokemon, you get an EV based on its strongest stat; for example, if you beat a Zigzagoon, you get 1 Speed EV.

                  It's best to EV train a Pokemon as soon as you obtain it it, at any level, regardless if you caught it in the wild or if you hatched it from an egg. You won't know if a Pokemon gains EVs right away; you'll know when it levels up and you see a huge increase in the stat you're training at. Since the summary screen doesn't show the Pokemon's EVs, you'll have to keep track of them yourself.

                  There's a girl in Slateport City who'll tell you if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out or not. If they are, you'll get the Effort Ribbon.

                  You stop if your Pokemon gains 510 EVs.

                  http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Here's a list of the places in the Gen III games where you can EV train.
                  __________________

                    #1318    
                  Old April 13th, 2011 (3:51 AM).
                  SpeedzSterzz's Avatar
                  SpeedzSterzz SpeedzSterzz is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2011
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quiet
                    Posts: 8
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
                    Basically, when you beat a Pokemon, you get an EV based on its strongest stat; for example, if you beat a Zigzagoon, you get 1 Speed EV.

                    It's best to EV train a Pokemon as soon as you obtain it it, at any level, regardless if you caught it in the wild or if you hatched it from an egg. You won't know if a Pokemon gains EVs right away; you'll know when it levels up and you see a huge increase in the stat you're training at. Since the summary screen doesn't show the Pokemon's EVs, you'll have to keep track of them yourself.

                    There's a girl in Slateport City who'll tell you if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out or not. If they are, you'll get the Effort Ribbon.

                    You stop if your Pokemon gains 510 EVs.


                    http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Here's a list of the places in the Gen III games where you can EV train.
                    Thanks mate, I really appreciate the feedback.
                      #1319    
                    Old April 14th, 2011 (5:29 PM).
                    Liquid Halo's Avatar
                    Liquid Halo Liquid Halo is offline
                    Fallen
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2011
                      Age: 31
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Lonely
                      Posts: 162
                      Hi PC
                      So I have started a Leaf Green ROM file, and all my pokemon have poor defense so I want to gameshark some iron into the mart. Does anyone have a working gameshark code for buying any item in a mart?

                      I have already googled, and only one place I found has one, suoercheats, but it doesn't work.
                      __________________


                        #1320    
                      Old April 16th, 2011 (12:19 AM).
                      jamsoolee jamsoolee is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2011
                        Location: California
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 4
                        Hey guys!
                        I've played Pokemon for years and just now decided to get back on it.
                        For some reason it just got hella popular among high schoolers in my area.
                        Anyways, my normal lineup:
                        - Charizard: Flamethrower, Rock slide, Metal Claw, Wing Attack
                        - Pidgeot: Ariel Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing
                        - Garydos: Dragon Rage, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite
                        - Nidoking: Surf, Strength, Counter, Poison Sting
                        - Alakazam: Psychic, Psybeam, Future Sight, Shockwave
                        - Jolteon (Just evolved): Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Helping Hand, etc...

                        Anything I should change?
                        I was thinking about putting in Lapras...
                          #1321    
                        Old April 16th, 2011 (1:25 AM).
                        Perriechu's Avatar
                        Perriechu Perriechu is offline
                        no more sad songs
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2009
                        Location: England
                        Age: 22
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 4,074
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
                        Hi PC
                        So I have started a Leaf Green ROM file, and all my pokemon have poor defense so I want to gameshark some iron into the mart. Does anyone have a working gameshark code for buying any item in a mart?

                        I have already googled, and only one place I found has one, suoercheats, but it doesn't work.
                        Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by jamsoolee View Post
                        Hey guys!
                        I've played Pokemon for years and just now decided to get back on it.
                        For some reason it just got hella popular among high schoolers in my area.
                        Anyways, my normal lineup:
                        - Charizard: Flamethrower, Rock slide, Metal Claw, Wing Attack
                        - Pidgeot: Ariel Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing
                        - Garydos: Dragon Rage, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite
                        - Nidoking: Surf, Strength, Counter, Poison Sting
                        - Alakazam: Psychic, Psybeam, Future Sight, Shockwave
                        - Jolteon (Just evolved): Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Helping Hand, etc...

                        Anything I should change?
                        I was thinking about putting in Lapras...
                        Your team seems pretty balanced, but Gyarados does get shafted a bit since most of his moves are special, so his amazing attack can't take advantage of it. I'd switch for Lapras If I were you.
                        __________________
                        twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
                          #1322    
                        Old April 16th, 2011 (11:39 AM). Edited April 16th, 2011 by jamsoolee.
                        jamsoolee jamsoolee is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2011
                          Location: California
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 4
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post


                          Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:



                          Your team seems pretty balanced, but Gyarados does get shafted a bit since most of his moves are special, so his amazing attack can't take advantage of it. I'd switch for Lapras If I were you.
                          Thanks for the advice!
                          So I switched Lapras in for Gyarados.
                          I'm also thinking about these switches...
                          Pidgeot for Aerodactyl and Jolteon for Arcanine.
                          I'd be losing my only electric type.
                          Or Dragonite... Who is a pain to train.

                          Current:
                          Charizard
                          Nidoking
                          Pidgeot
                          Lapras
                          Alakazam
                          Jolteon

                          Thinking about:
                          Charizard
                          Nidoking
                          Aerodactyl
                          Lapras
                          Alakazam
                          Arcanine
                            #1323    
                          Old April 16th, 2011 (1:12 PM).
                          Perriechu's Avatar
                          Perriechu Perriechu is offline
                          no more sad songs
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2009
                          Location: England
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 4,074
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by jamsoolee View Post
                          Thanks for the advice!
                          So I switched Lapras in for Gyarados.
                          I'm also thinking about these switches...
                          Pidgeot for Aerodactyl and Jolteon for Arcanine.
                          I'd be losing my only electric type.
                          Or Dragonite... Who is a pain to train.

                          Current:
                          Charizard
                          Nidoking
                          Pidgeot
                          Lapras
                          Alakazam
                          Jolteon

                          Thinking about:
                          Charizard
                          Nidoking
                          Aerodactyl
                          Lapras
                          Alakazam
                          Arcanine
                          Your newer team is actually a lot better than the original, since Lapras can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder, it's not losing much, however, I do think that Arcanine can be done without, maybe replace for a Grass type? Vileplume, Victreebel etc, it'll give you more coverage.
                          __________________
                          twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
                            #1324    
                          Old April 16th, 2011 (3:56 PM). Edited April 16th, 2011 by jamsoolee.
                          jamsoolee jamsoolee is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2011
                            Location: California
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 4
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post


                            Your newer team is actually a lot better than the original, since Lapras can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder, it's not losing much, however, I do think that Arcanine can be done without, maybe replace for a Grass type? Vileplume, Victreebel etc, it'll give you more coverage.
                            Okay, so replace Pidgeot with Aerodactyl. and replace Arcanine with a grass type... Which do you suggest? Vileplume or Victreebel?

                            EDIT: Did some research, Vileplume has better SP. DEF, SP. ATK, and DEF, but Victreebel has better speed, ATK, and HP. And how would Exegguctor do?
                              #1325    
                            Old April 19th, 2011 (4:26 PM). Edited April 19th, 2011 by Liquid Halo.
                            Liquid Halo's Avatar
                            Liquid Halo Liquid Halo is offline
                            Fallen
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2011
                              Age: 31
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 162
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post


                              Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:



                              First of all please read before you respond, I DID google.
                              Second, yes you are people have given me cheat code help here before without complaining. And I am not looking for AR I am looking for Gameshark, once again please read.

                              __________________


                              Closed Thread

                              Quick Reply

                              Join the conversation!

                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:25 AM.