• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite browsers?

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
I use Chrome though I have used Firefox in the past. Chrome is generally faster. :P

On my Linux workstation, I use Chromium.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've always been a huge advocate of Chrome but have recently swapped to Firefox as I bought a new laptop and didn't want to have to have all my old junk be ported over by logging in with my Google account on Chrome. Can honestly say I've not really noticed any difference between the two, except that the Adblocker on Chrome felt considerably more consistent.

Also I miss the cute dinosaur game from Chrome when your internet is down :(

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Never touched firefox for years, and I only use Edge (or IE) to download Chrome. Never have any problems for Chrome at all. :)

Years
Tried using Firefox again when Chrome was bugging out (still is visually at times but I'm dealing lol) and it never stuck. I've grown so used to Chrome I can't use anything else. :-3 Though it's annoying when I click to view tweet threads and it starts flickering, same with some Facebook games. Not a deal-breaker though sure is something I wish I could fix. Seems like a common issue with some versions of OS X.

blue

gucci
Years
for casual internet browsing chrome is my goto choice. i will use firefox every now and then but mainly for the developer tools.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
So far Firefox has pretty much all I want. I have a certain setup of addons and have not found anything similar on other browsers that came even remotely close.

Last edited:
Years
Ive tried them all over the years but keep coming back to Firefox.

I was ready to dump it though due to some niggly performance issues but Firefox Quantum has cured those, it has been faultless since that release for me, it just works.

Years
  • Age 36
  • US
  • Seen Nov 25, 2021
Over the years, I've at some point considered IE, Netscape, Safari, Firefox, and now Chrome to be my preferred browser that is "better than anything else". They've all been my favourites, until they let me down some way or another (long time to load webpage, laggy streaming services, resource hogging, broken plugins, conflicts, etc.) or enticed me with new features (add-ons, extensions, Incognito, developer tools, etc.).

I've been exclusively using Chrome for six years now, aside from using IE or Edge to re-install Chrome. On mobile, I appreciate having my E-mail, bookmarks, Google Docs, and stuff syncronized across multiple devices with a single sign-in secured with 2-step verification.

I just took a HTML/CSS course last quarter. This thread has reminded me I should also be carrying Firefox/Opera for testing purposes. So thanks for reminding me to install them. I'm curious now how my old friend Firefox is doing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
For sure, Chrome. But it's true thats there is some websites that works better in firefox, so it's good to have both. But Chrome as default browser always.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I stay with good old Firefox, but Chromium on Lubuntu because it runs better for some reason.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Firefox is still my main browser in my laptop. On the other hand, I've switched the mobile browser to Firefox Rocket in these few months.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I've been a heavy Chrome user for years across all devices, I originally made the switch from Firefox back in the day when it became too bogged down and slow. HOWEVER, I've recently jumped back to Firefox! It has amazing privacy settings, great addons, and is super zippy with the new quantum release.

Years
Chrome. With a number of extensions within it.

For some reason even now I have an SSD and 16GB RAM, The newest version of Firefox is slow. I keep it as backup though.

Back