• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] The "Never-Before-Seen Pokemon" Speculation

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Given how little Pokemon Go fans know about the pokemon past ~251, it's probably something like Litleo.

I mean most of the casual fans who hopped on the fad 2 years ago have left. So I'm sure some would be able to identify Litleo.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If Pikachu wasn't already part of a three-stage evolution chain, I'd almost say the timing would be perfect to follow up on that interview from a few weeks ago and introduce its original final form, Gorochu... ahaha!

There's nothing stopping them from adding Gorochu as a split evolution for Pikachu. Not that I think that'll happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if this "new" Pokemon turned out to be Zeraora.

If it is a gen 8 Pokemon I'd guess it'll be a mythical similar to how Magearna was the first gen 7 Pokemon revealed.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
Missingno.

I'm wanting to think that "Gorochu" if that is it's name, is the never-before-seen Pokémon.

It seems oddly coincidental that Gorochu gets shown online,as a scraped Gen I idea, then a few weeks later, we get a retelling/remake of Yellow.

Which used Pikachu of a mascot, which would be related to Gorochu.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
honestly I REALLY doubt we will have ACTUAL new pokemon in this game- by that I mean any pokemon that USUM dose not have data for. It will probably be Zeraora and GF will technically be right since we never encountered Zeraora before.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
I don't think it'll be Gorochu, a scrapped Pokemon, or anything like that. I think it's going to be a Gen VIII Pokemon, akin to Zorou/Magearna

Yotes

GameDev
Years
Whatever it is, I expect it to be very cute and marketable.

If I had to bet? A new Eeveelution, a mythical Pokemon (Gen 8 Mew), or an alternate (like Alolan) form for either Pikachu or Eevee to tease the new region's theme.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
Is it Mew?
I sure hope not.

But Mew is often referred to as a Pok?mon thats "never-been-seen-before" in the games, and anime.

So. Is it me? :/

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I would breakdown laughing if the pokemon turns out to be Mew or Zeraora or anything we have seen. It would be completely dishonest but unsurprising of them to pull a fake out like that. Wow I've never seen this "Mew" before Gamefreak!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I'm believing that this new Pokemon is a Mythical and I think that it will be the star of M22.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I'm actually hoping it is not something like pokemon not used from gold/silver rough draft set. I hope it is something incredibly different and maybe cute. The mythical and ultra and legendary ones released have been more scary or aggressive looking. why can we not get something like shaymin... maybe a baby pink rhino with wings ...Fairy/Psychic that evolves into an armored rhino Fairy/Steel?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'd be cool with johto unreleased pokemon. They had some cool desgins. But in reality it's probably pikachu in a new costume. Ugh

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm honestly on the side of it's a previously scrapped Pokémon from the Gen 1 alphas.

If not, it's probably just Mew or something. u_u

Back