The smell of wild peace silk. It's quite natural and woody in character. I like it. I ordered these yards of fabric from a small business on Etsy to make a scarf or shawl out of, it and it's nice. The color is called spun honey. I was glad to find this because peace silk/ahimsa is made without killing the silk worms, so no harm was done to the environment. Worth a smile.
Today is the day grades are due, and I have all A's and one B (which was a C yesterday) for this quarter! Hopefully they'll all average out with the third quarter grades to be all A's (except for that one B).
Finished a colonoscopy. Dreaded this day for a solid month.
Medical procedures can be scary as psyduck, even if they’re completely routine. Speaking as someone who gets major anxiety over even the simplest of check ups, I’m proud of you! Your post made me happy. :)
I had no idea what colonoscopy means, so I googled it.
it looks like Jimmy Kimmel had one
Watched the video of that now. Will add to it:
Spoiler: Spoilered for those who do not want to hear
- Warned against chugging the prep solution. Probably leads to nausea/vomitting, two common side effects. Worried about this due to suffering from gastrointestinal issues as is. (Led to said colonoscopy.) Managed okay, fortunately.
- Drank the prep solution (diluted to 16 ounces/~473 milliliters) plus two more 16 ounce glasses of clear liquids, all within two hours. Woke up at 3 AM to do this a second time too.
- Witnessed a parent deal with a different prep solution several years ago. Received a gallon-sized jug to mix it up in.
- Agrees on the vile taste. Describes it as weak grape Gatorade with a bitter edge. (Dislikes grape-flavored drinks.) Cut the taste down somewhat with Koolaid.
- Remembers almost nothing between starting the anesthesia and returning home. Apparently repeated questions and retold how another experience with anesthesia went. (Dealt with anesthesia once before. Removed some of the fear.)
- Received pictures from the colonoscopy. Could totally frame them. (Will not.)