• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023

Get a Toxic, no problem at all with those guys =)

No... that was in 1st generation maybe...

darkrai is correct. sheer cold accuracy is dependent on the respective levels of both pkmn and would not hit at all if the opponent's level is higher.
(check bulbapedia)

hmm...i liking this hack
just felt that the beginning part (all the way till u finally get pokeballs), though interesting in approach, is rather long-winded and draggy (i literally fast fwd thru the entire thing by pressing space bar on VBA)

btw would be great if u can introduce DPPt style physical/special split for all the moves in the game, similar to wat's done in liquid crystal?
(eg. Fire punch is based off Atk. while flamethrower is based off SP.Atk.?)
its a shame that some pkmn like luxray have their STAB electric moves all based on its weaker Sp. Atk rather than Atk, which is the old (and arguably poorer) style.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I'm stuck on Mount Krystal and I don't know how I can progress.
Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
darkrai is correct. sheer cold accuracy is dependent on the respective levels of both pkmn and would not hit at all if the opponent's level is higher.
(check bulbapedia)
I would still stick to the 30% rule =D
But that might explain why it does not work on higher levels...

Still, Toxic is the best choice.

Spoiler:
You need to battle Devihell ;)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years

I would still stick to the 30% rule =D
But that might explain why it does not work on higher levels...

Still, Toxic is the best choice.

You need to battle Devihell ;)

I can't get off the peak of Mount Krystal though, everytime I try to I get caught up in the same conversation.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I was just referring to the base Accuracy, nothing else, really.

I can't get off the peak of Mount Krystal though, everytime I try to I get caught up in the same conversation.

So, you're stuck on Mount Krystal without a Pokemon who can Fly. Hm.
*COUGH COUGH* CE2CCCB25D8D815D Walkthrough Walls Gameshark Code *COUGH COUGH*

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How can I get pokemon such as the remaining elemental monkeys(Pansear and the other 2) or the starters (Bulbasaur and Squirtle)? Can I catch all of the pokemon in this single hack? What about the legendaries?

The elemental monkeys aren't available in the wild.
I'll probably add them in the next update.

jagold in the next version (which I hope you release soon) fix this error:
http://www.cantilux.net/files7/1861611725.png

Maybe you should add an area to where you found an error next time, so it can be easier for me to fix it?
But thanks for the report.

Oran, Sitrus and Pecha, actually.
Uh, okay, I'll do that.
EDIT:
I found more glitches. Yay...
#~As I stated below, Shedinjas are supposed to be Genderless.
#~Buizels/Floatzels have Hyper Cutter and Shell Armor as Abilities. They're supposed to have Swift Swim.
#~Towns and cities's Wild Pokemon might need checking, because it says in the Hevah Pokedex several Pokemon can be found in cities, (For example, it says Lugia can be found in Rintah Town.)
2py18k3.png

Here's my invisible Fisherman.
2ik2ov7.png

Uh, tile error. Near the right edge of the screen.
zujp6q.jpg

Bottom right. Stops at the edge.
1583tqf.png

Uh, scripty error thing.

Thanks for the bug reports.

I have found a bug. I am playing the latest version (14)

In Rainleaf Town, I have been fighting the Gym leader several times to train my team. After finishing one of the battles, I went to the Safari Zone, and when entering the building, my character began moving automatically, and ended here:

bug1z.png

There I can't move...

Edit: And there is something I found weird... But it's not a bug, you may have done it intentionally:

strangezj.png

I think the image is self-explanatory...

Edit2: And there is something I forgot to mention. When the story branches, I entered the aircraft. In the area in which you meet Zoey and Rino, in the tall grass there, you find the Pokémon ?. But this is something you already knew, didn't you?

Sorry if my English is not good...

Thanks.
I'll investigate that Safari building bug.

btw would be great if u can introduce DPPt style physical/special split for all the moves in the game, similar to wat's done in liquid crystal?
(eg. Fire punch is based off Atk. while flamethrower is based off SP.Atk.?)
its a shame that some pkmn like luxray have their STAB electric moves all based on its weaker Sp. Atk rather than Atk, which is the old (and arguably poorer) style.

I'm too lazy to add that feature... =/

Spoiler:

That's weird...
Maybe provide a screenshot, or P.M. me your saved file (not save state) so I can investigate?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
hmm i caught a shiny furruny..
is that suppose to mean something? lol

EDIT: chameleon cant learn tm mega kick....even in gen 1 it can ...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016

Maybe you should add an area to where you found an error next time, so it can be easier for me to fix it?
But thanks for the report.

Thanks.
I'll investigate that Safari building bug.

I believe the area it's at is right of the Hevah League.
The Safari Zone thing's probably to do with the Header script from the original Ruby game. It's basically tells the game to move the player up once, then seven steps to the right.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Deazone huh? Where can I get that one?

Uh, here's the guide I posted on the previous page. Can't be bothered to highlight the Deazone bit, but he's in there...

Legendaries...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Ok another Reign of Legends problem...After I got the 8th badge Articuno is no where to be found in his cave! I need to catch all the legendaries so I can have access to the custom poke you can get if you caught all the legendaries and I cant do that if Articuno suddenly decided to go leave!

EDIT: Ok, this is extremely annoying now. It seems there are a handful of legendary pokemon which flat out dont appear when they are supposed to...

Articuno
Registeel
Jirachi
Mew
Celebi
Heatran
Cresselia
Kyogre

I already checked registeel and kyogre, and neither of them are in my ROM either. So, I am, unfortunately, forced to use cheat codes in order to acquire these legendaries to catch that final custom made legendary after you get all the legendaries.

What pisses me off the most is that apparently there are plenty of people who have seen all of the legendaries no problem (on youtube and such). But I tried plenty of different ROMS, including the MUGS one, and the pokemon (Articuno, Registeel, and Kyogre), still do not appear...

*Sigh*, if I had known the legendaries were going to be so incredibly glitchy and require a very specific ROM which I can't seem to find, I would have not bothered to have played the hack in the first place. I've already sunk nearly 70 hours into it though, so I guess I might as well finish.

My only question is, which pokemon use Heatran and Cresselia? I need to know so I can use cheats to see them in the wild.

EDIT 2: Apparently that horsea that you find in the forest is supposed to be shiny, but it was a regular old horsea for me...

Seriously DestinJaGold, what was the name of the ROM you used to make the first hack? I know linking is against the rules, but just tell me the name of the rom when you downloaded it, maybe then I can get rid of these aggravating glitches...

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I found I little mistake, it's not important, but I think there is no problem in pointing it out...

corrputed.png

It says "corrputed" instead of "corrupted".

Thanks.

Spoiler:

I was still new at ROM hacking when I was making Reign of Legends.
So, I suppose being new made me glitch the ROM pretty badly.
I don't think you need a specific ROM to fix the known errors though.
I used the flags that the game automatically uses, therefore, some events(the legendaries) may no longer be there.
In theory, since the game used them, the flags were already set, so I guess you can still visit Angeallen.

Also, this thread is not for Reign of Legends, nor for Rescue Rangers.
This thread is for Life of Guardians only.

I am sorry for the glitchy Reign of Legends.
Someone is making a remake of it though.
I don't think it's ready for public yet.

Maybe you can add split in the LoG X version that would have the desired Gento region =D

I'll think about it.

The Safari Zone thing's probably to do with the Header script from the original Ruby game. It's basically tells the game to move the player up once, then seven steps to the right.

I know, unfortunately, I haven't found out the cause to why that happened.
Still investigating when I have free time (and when I'm bothered to do so...)

hmm i caught a shiny furruny..
is that suppose to mean something? lol

EDIT: chameleon cant learn tm mega kick....even in gen 1 it can ...

Seeing and catching a shiny means that you are lucky enough to get one.
Shinies are rare, gamewise.

Anyway, I'll fix that. Never knew Charmeleon could use such a move.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Is there physical/special class split for every move or just types as in every pre-GenerationIV game?

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Thanks.

I was still new at ROM hacking when I was making Reign of Legends.
So, I suppose being new made me glitch the ROM pretty badly.
I don't think you need a specific ROM to fix the known errors though.
I used the flags that the game automatically uses, therefore, some events(the legendaries) may no longer be there.
In theory, since the game used them, the flags were already set, so I guess you can still visit Angeallen.

Also, this thread is not for Reign of Legends, nor for Rescue Rangers.
This thread is for Life of Guardians only.

I am sorry for the glitchy Reign of Legends.
Someone is making a remake of it though.
I don't think it's ready for public yet.

I'll think about it.

I know, unfortunately, I haven't found out the cause to why that happened.
Still investigating when I have free time (and when I'm bothered to do so...)

Seeing and catching a shiny means that you are lucky enough to get one.
Shinies are rare, gamewise.

Anyway, I'll fix that. Never knew Charmeleon could use such a move.

Well thanks for the reply but the the thread for that hack is closed and your general thread is very old I did not want to bump a very old thread.

EDIT: Well I figured out that Aerodactly = Cresslia and Torkoal = Heatran, but which pokemon is replaced by Rotom?

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
While I try to settle my internal conflict about Rare Candy hoarding, I decided to do some sidequests. i think I know where the secret cave is for the High Point Town sidequest, but I have no idea how to get to it. In the mining cave, some guy says there's something behind the wall, now i just need to figure out how to access it...

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
While I try to settle my internal conflict about Rare Candy hoarding, I decided to do some sidequests. i think I know where the secret cave is for the High Point Town sidequest, but I have no idea how to get to it. In the mining cave, some guy says there's something behind the wall, now i just need to figure out how to access it...

The cave the man in Highpoint Town is talking about is on White Path.
...Or at least, I think it does when you beat the league.
The cave you're referring to is on Twilight Path, I believe.
The wall opens up after you do the Breatherna Event.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Ohh okay thanks. So beating the League is required for the White Path cave? Damn I might have to hoard Rare Candies after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back