• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
hey, i've had mega evolution working fine for a while but just noticed that in any battle, if the final pokemon available in the enemy trainers party mega evolves the sprite doesn't change. any fixes?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 25, 2019
For the life of me I just can't get this working.
So far I've been using ROM Bases that already had the Mega Evolution code compiles as cheap solutions but I would really like to be able to normally use the original code instead. I recorded the whole process that I make to get it working and no matter what, the Mega Evolution icon never shows up.

As y'all can see: I've gave myself the Pokémon I want to Mega Evolve, the keystone item, the item that should trigger the Mega Evolution (and it's hex/dec opposite, just in case), I also set the value of the vars 4011 and 4012 to 0x161 and even though I equip any of the 2 items to Bulbasaur, it just can't Mega Evolve. Where did I screwed up? ;_;

EDIT: Fixed it. Made a PGE INI adding the Mega Evolution as an evolutionmethod and when I tested, the Mega Evolution triggered just fine.

do you have the ini that you made? i can't get my PGE to work... thanks

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 25, 2019
BTW, where can I change the mega evolution button. It doesnt fit on my HP bar LOL. THNX

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Error mega evolution update:

wAXSdNe

https://imgur.com/a/wAXSdNe

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 4, 2019
error is occuring.i've followed everything correctly.
THIS IS THE ERROR.
D:\Pokemon rom hack tools\THE REAL DEAL\MegaEvolution-master>make
arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong
-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTWARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c
-o build/bs_command.o
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwor
k -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTW
ARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c -o build/bs_command.o, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [command] Error 2

Any help would be appreciated

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 18, 2022
Please help me i have 32 bit windows 7 and devkitpro gives 64 bit version setup please give me the link of 32 bit version.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
I'm having a problem with installing this. I can't describe it, so here's a picture of it
xQGS3T5.png

What's going on here, is it my computer or OS? I'm desperate here. So desperate in fact I'm reviving an old thread, but eh what can you do? (Except make a new thread, but I got no answers through that).
Edit: Actually got it working, had to install r45 of DKA and add makegnu's bin to the path varable

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 20, 2021
Hey, this is really a great job, I made the mega evolution work fine but there is one problem. The stats of the pokemon are changed when it reverts, I tested charizard evolving into caterpied and then pidgeot, I've tried to mess with base stats too but whatever I do, the stats of charizard are changed after the battle (attack and special atk). And they always change to the same number. That's weird.

I assume that EVs or IVs are not recorded before evolving, I may be wrong though... Can you tell me if I did something wrong ? I used the patch of mbcn10ww on Fire Red US 1.0 (1.1 is not recognized by G3HS anyway). Thread of the author: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=424054
I used gold teeth as key item and the activation script (setvar 0x40FF 0x161 setvar 0x40EF 0x161).

Last edited:

deidara9216

deidara9216
Years
Hello, can you give me a hand.
when I use the megas system of touched and I do everything to the letter, the folders even the installation of the DEVKITARM_r47-Win32 (1.5.4) I install everything I even put "; C: \ devkitPro \ devkitARM \ bin " in the path from my pc, but I keep getting this error.

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTWARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c -o build/bs_command.o process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTWARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c -o build/bs_command.o, ...) failed. make (e=2): El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. make: *** [command] Error 2

try the command
make DEFS = "- DDISABLE_KEYSTONE_CHECK" but the error persists.

please help.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello, can you give me a hand.
when I use the megas system of touched and I do everything to the letter, the folders even the installation of the DEVKITARM_r47-Win32 (1.5.4) I install everything I even put "; C: \ devkitPro \ devkitARM \ bin " in the path from my pc, but I keep getting this error.

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTWARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c -o build/bs_command.o process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm7tdmi -fno-inline -mlong-calls -march=armv4t -Wall -O2 -DBPRE -DSOFTWARE_VERSION=0 -c src/bs_command.c -o build/bs_command.o, ...) failed. make (e=2): El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. make: *** [command] Error 2

try the command
make DEFS = "- DDISABLE_KEYSTONE_CHECK" but the error persists.

please help.

Try devkitarm r45

Back