• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Does Anyone Still Play?

xFireEagle13

Pokemon Master
Years
tenor.gif

Hi! Does anyone still play Pokemon Emerald? I'm sorry to intervene, but I just started to play Pokemon Emerald again, going way back to Gen III haha.

Since I no longer have a Nintendo DS or Nintendo Advance, which is an old handheld console, I'm playing it on my Android through the emulator. However, I'm still in question if you're still in the correct server if you play it on an Android emulator? Haha.

Well, anyways, that's my question because I would want to create some friends on here and interact with another. Maybe trade or battle? However, I don't really know if that's even compatible?

I'll see you all later now!

Last edited by a moderator:

xFireEagle13

Pokemon Master
Years
@Thomas The ShinyHunter - Oh really? What Gen 3 games do you play? At the current moment I'm playing Emerald just because I haven't played it in so long haha.

xFireEagle13

Pokemon Master
Years
@Zemanarod - Oh, really? That's cool. What kind of challenges do you do? Since I'm playing on Android I mainly get bored and cheat a bit haha. I mainly do the Rare Candy one, to be honest with you haha. I'm trying to even out the competition with the gym leaders.

Years
Generation 3 happens to be my second favorite gen, actually. :) I am playing through my Leaf Green, heading to Cerulean City. I also have Sapphire and Emerald.

xFireEagle13

Pokemon Master
Years
@NocturnalNinetales - Oh, that's really cool! I've played Fire Red a long time ago and I kind of recorded some game play on YouTube haha. Before I played Emerald I thought of doing Leaf Green. That's cool that you're playing the same Gen as I haha.

Years
I don't think there's a way to do online trades or battles with anyone if you're playing emulated games, and definitely not if you're playing them on the system it's meant for (without a link cable). Unless I'm wrong? But I've not heard of any methods personally.

RSE and FRLG are both amazing though. I've replayed RSE more times than I can count, it's fun each time and I can always find new ways to go through the game <3

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 13, 2018
Hi! I just started playing it again but on PC. I don't think the online features are available on Android as of now. It's possible to battle and trade online in VBA-M if you're playing on PC.

Kyepha

~K Y E P H A~
Years
I have just restarted my original Sapphire game! (My first game too!) It's bringing back some good memories. The nostalgia is stronger than the time I played Alpha Sapphire. Though it is a little (dare I say) outdated to enjoy graphically, though it still has a unique charm when playing! I love the third gen Hoenn games.

Back