• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Favorite Gen III Pokémon?

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
I am a lover of the fire types so naturally it's blaziken and camerupt, Blaziken is my favourite though.
Blaziken is a starter Pokémon which means it's definitely a beast and it's Fighting type gives it that added kick (pun intended) to take it to that next level. Because of it's Fighting type characteristics, Blaziken can learn moves such as Double Kick and Sky Uppercut - the latter of which is super powerful. Blaziken's firey background also serves it well with moves such as Blaze Kick and the TM's for Flamethrower and Fire Blast readily available. Blaziken's main strengths come from it's Special Attack and physical Attack which both move well above 300 by the time Blaziken reaches the glory of Level 100. I'm not sure if it is the best looking Pokémon in the gen but it has certainly got a cool quality about it which I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's just the Fighting type nature of Blaziken and it's kick-ass (puns EVERYWHERE) moves.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Gen III had great Pokémon and I feel bad about considering one better than the other. However, my favourite seems to be Shedinja because it's such a cool Pokémon: unique way of getting it, 1 HP, very special ability. Though it seems like an Achilles heel it has been an incredibly useful Pokémon in my team, able to stall Pokémon who can't hit it so I can use Swords Dance or heal up the rest of my party (Drake ahem). Shedinja is by far the most memorable to me.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Gen III had great Pokémon and I feel bad about considering one better than the other. However, my favourite seems to be Shedinja because it's such a cool Pokémon: unique way of getting it, 1 HP, very special ability. Though it seems like an Achilles heel it has been an incredibly useful Pokémon in my team, able to stall Pokémon who can't hit it so I can use Swords Dance or heal up the rest of my party (Drake ahem). Shedinja is by far the most memorable to me.
I always wish I'd actually bothered to use it when playing RSE for the first time haha, it's really cool but I've never actually tried it out. Perhaps next time I replay the games. But yeah I agree Shedinja is awesome! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I always wish I'd actually bothered to use it when playing RSE for the first time haha, it's really cool but I've never actually tried it out. Perhaps next time I replay the games. But yeah I agree Shedinja is awesome! :)

Shedinja and Ninjas are the two I've never found space for in my team. I'm actually raising a Shedinja now in my Emerald post-game because I believe it's the perfect pokémon for capturing legendaries, provided you evolve it at lv. 25 or higher to get False Swipe. As it is only weak to Fire, Rock, Ghost, Dark and Flying all of the following can't touch it in my Gen III/IV / V games:

Emerald: Latias / Latios, Kyogre
Diamond: Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Rotom, Cresselia, Regigigas.
Platinum: Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Rotom, Cresselia, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Dialga, Palkia, Articuno, Zapdos.
HeartGold: Raikou, Suicune, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Latios.
Black: Cobalion, Virizion, Kyurem.
Black 2: Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Zekrom, Kyurem, Latios, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Regirock, Registeel, Cresselia.

Considering how time-consuming and expensive (in terms of Revives, Hyper Potions / Full Restores as well as Pokéballs and having to raise your pokémon to a high level) capturing a legendary is, Shedinja may well be one of the greatest pokémon of all time

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
It's tricky, I have a few.

Pelliper, Vigoroth, Zangoose, Shroomish, Torkoal and Regirock are all high on my list.

I guess if I had to pick a single one it'd be Torkoal

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I like all of the starters, but Blaziken is my favorite of all Hoenn Pokémon. Other favorites include Ninjask, Shedinja, Sharpedo, Flygon, Milotic, and of course the Weather Trio of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza.

Back