• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center 2.0 [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center 2.0

What Is The Adoption Center?

The Center is a unique program here on PC that, to sum up, allows new members to apply for a mentor to tour them around certain parts of the forum. Basically, these mentors all have experience in their listed sections and will gladly tell you if a thread you plan to make is within the rules, help you figure out which part of a section your thread would belong in, and in general familiarize yourself with the section!

Not only will you have an easier time getting around the forum with a mentor, but you'll also make a very special friend! So what are you waiting for? We have a mentor in almost every section, so you'll definitely find the one you like most~!

How this Works:

New members, before reading on, just have a look at the guidelines here:

1) If you have been paired with a mentor, you are expected to stay relatively active. If you haven't been active for 7 days, then the mentor has all rights to drop you and be available for a new mentee.

2) The job of a mentor is to show you around the boards you are interested in as well as giving you a brief look at how PC works. Please do not request a mentor just because you have a simple question about something or want assistance with your work!

3) When it comes to asking questions, mentors will not be able to assist you in terms of specific details, for example, how to ROM hack, or how to roleplay, unless the mentor states otherwise that they can help you there. Otherwise, they'll most likely help you on showing you where to go to learn!

4) Be nice to your mentor and do not disrespect them. This is a given!

5) Mentee's who have stuck around a month will be able to graduate and receive a emblem for all their learning!

Now, for you new members who are interested in having a mentor, can sign up to be mentees, in which, you can begin your mentee process by filling out this form below, and post it on this thread:

1. What sections/boards are you most interested in?
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions?

Base on your answers, you'll be assigned to a mentor! To be eligible for a mentor, you must have been active for less than two (2) months, OR have less than 100 posts. Returning members who have less than 100 posts also qualify.

You, as a mentee, are able to request up to three mentors, in which from those three, you'll be paired with one!

Credits: CSS Made by Sheep, Original idea made by Hiidoran, Meganium, Cid, & Sheep

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Mentor List

Mentor List

Dragon
Areas Dragon can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of the Forums
General Forum Guidance

Spoiler:

Sheep
Areas Sheep can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of the Forums
General Forum Guidance

Spoiler:

gimmepie
Areas gimmepie can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of Roleplay Corner, General Chat, Pokemon General Discussion and Debates and Forum games
General Forum Guidance
Basic CSS help

Spoiler:

Zach
Areas Zach can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of the Forums (especially Pokemon Trivia, Technology and Computers)
General Forum Guidance
Signature Help
Profile Help

Spoiler:

Hikamaru
Areas Hikamaru can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of Pokémon Clubs, and Pokémon Gaming sections
General Forum Guidance

Spoiler:

aeternum
Areas aeternum can help in:
Forum Rules
General Forum Guidance
Navigation of the Forums
Signature Making (basic CSS knowledge)

Spoiler:

Omicron unavailable
Areas Omicron can help in:
Forum Rules
General Forum Guidance
Navigation of the Forums
Trade Corner
Battle Center
Battle Server

Spoiler:

Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
Areas Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer can help in:
Forum rules and etiquette.
General forum guidance
Avatar, signature and profile advice
Navigation of forums

Spoiler:

Starry Windy
Areas Starry Windy can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of Pokémon Trivia
General Forum Guidance

Spoiler:

Rose Quartz
Areas Rose Quartz can help in
Forum Rules
General Roleplay guidance (Roleplay corner rules, Roleplay corner in general, Making posts and Sign-up's in the RPC, Making a roleplay)
General Forum Guidance

Spoiler:

Rozureido
Areas Rozureido can help in
Forum Rules
General Forum Guidance

Spoiler:

Jinx
Areas Jinx can help in
Forum Rules
General Forum Guidance
Navigation of the Forums
Video Games
Art & Design
Signature Making (Basic Css Knowledge)

Spoiler:

Laguna
Areas Laguna can help in
Forum Rules
General Forum Guidance
Navigation of the Forums
The Welcome Lounge (somewhat)
Current Generation Pokémon Gaming
Pokémon Gaming Central
Pokémon General
Pokémon Clubs
Pokémon Trivia
World of Pokécommunity
Video Games
Fan Clubs & Groups
The Treehouse

Spoiler:

gio7sm
Areas gio7sm can help in
Forum Rules
General Forum Guidance
basic CSS knowledge

Spoiler:

Lycanthropy
Areas Lycanthropy can help in:
Forum rules
General forum guidance
Navigation of the forums (especially Pokémon Trivia, The Underground and The World of PokéCommunity)
CSS help (signatures and such)

Spoiler:

Sopheria
Areas Sopheria can help in:
Forum rules
General forum guidance
Navigation of the forums
Pokemon Gaming Central
Pokemon Trivia
World of PC
The Underground
The Welcome Lounge

Spoiler:

KetsuekiR
Areas KetsuekiR can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of Forums (Pokemon Clubs and The Playground).
Basic General Forums Guidance
CSS help in posts and signatures

Spoiler:

JohnnyMustang
Areas JohnnyMustang can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of Forums ( role play theatre, the underground, the round table, and particularly the A&D).
CSS help
Photoshop help

Spoiler:

Archy
Areas Archy can help in:
Forum Rules
Signature Help
Competitive Pokemon Help

Spoiler:

Rainbow
Areas Rainbow can help in:
Forum Rules
Navigation of Pokémon Gaming Forums
Navigation of Off-Topic Discussions
Basic CSS help
Profile and Signature help
Basic Gamemaking in RMXP/Pokémon Essentials help

Spoiler:

The above is a list of all the mentors you can choose from! Keep in mind that some mentors have a bold red unavailable sign next to their name, meaning you cannot apply to take them until they return back to mentorship.

We have a mentor in almost every section, so you'll definitely find the one you like most~!

Interested in being a mentor?

We're always looking for active members who show eagerness and reliability on teaching their mentees. Be prepared that it'll take a bit of dedication and initiative in your part. If you feel that it might eventually become too much of a hassle for you, then, it's wise not to sign up. D:

Requirements for becoming a mentor:
1) Little to no infractions (old infractions will be investigated)
2) Active for more than three months (90 days from your actual join date)
3) Prove your activity by posting at least once every two days (we will see your statistics for this)

If you're interested on becoming a mentor, then fill out the application (located below). All fields are required! Once you have finished, send it to Dragon via PM. Please do not post it here!

Spoiler:

Note: By submitting this application, you understand that the positions are limited in scope and you may be put on a waiting list. You also agree that becoming a mentor is up to PC Staff discretion, and that you may also be removed at any time if you are deemed either inactive or unsupportive in your role.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Would it be possible to be more of a Big Sister then a Keima Kiseragi guy? :p I don't really have THAT much credentials but I'm interested!

I'm so HM02

Banned
Years
1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? General Chat and The Welcome Lounge
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Roleplay,
3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? If I had a scale of 1-10 I'd say 10 for both.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? General Chat and The Welcome Lounge
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Roleplay,
3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? If I had a scale of 1-10 I'd say 10 for both.

You're our first then!

From the Mentor List, is there anyone you'd like to mentor you? :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
It don't matter to me man. I'm pretty laid back lol.

How about Hikamaru then? o: That is, if she doesn't mind!

She's a really nice girl and pretty helpful too, so, she'll be able to assist you tons. :] Sheep and I will be able to help you out too!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? Forum Rules Navigation of the Forums General Forum Guidance
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I don't know what the section are I just read them in the mentors list
3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? for being active about 8/10 in learning 9/10

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? Forum Rules Navigation of the Forums General Forum Guidance
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I don't know what the section are I just read them in the mentors list
3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? for being active about 8/10 in learning 9/10

Welcome!
Any specific mentor that you'd like to have?

Hushimine Rage

Pkmn Trainer Rage
Years
Hello, I'm Rage, and it was informed to me that mentors can be... well asked for? In here...

I'm the kind of guy who's interested in mostly anything people of the Internet bring up, But as a matter of fact, I think the board I am more interested in is: The Pokemon Gaming board. (Or is it a section?)
I am also pretty interested in the Creative Discussion section, but right now I'm mostly interested in the pokemon games (From 1st Gen till 5th gen, I excluded 6th gen because I can't get a 3DS).

2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
Obviously, I'd want to venture more into the real nature of the forum. What to do and what not to do. I'd really wouldn't like to mess it up for you all, so of course, I'd be more than happy to learn more of: "the Forum Rules, Navigation of the Forums, and General Forum Guidance.

3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions?
You can't really know what would happen in the near or far future like a Xatu. If I was a Psychic-type Pokemon, I would answer this question with an absolute answer, but as I am a mere human, I will just give you this: "I shall try my best in getting active on this forum, and at least show you all that I am here and I want to learn from you all, And I will give biggest, hardest interest in learning and questioning. Try hard mode: ON."

And since it all goes down to this: Hikamaru, Sonata, and gimmepie might be able to be my mentor. (Notice me, mentor. Lulz.)
Meh, I'm all outta words. Thank you and... yeah. There's your form.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hello, I'm Rage, and it was informed to me that mentors can be... well asked for? In here...

I'm the kind of guy who's interested in mostly anything people of the Internet bring up, But as a matter of fact, I think the board I am more interested in is: The Pokemon Gaming board. (Or is it a section?)
I am also pretty interested in the Creative Discussion section, but right now I'm mostly interested in the pokemon games (From 1st Gen till 5th gen, I excluded 6th gen because I can't get a 3DS).

Obviously, I'd want to venture more into the real nature of the forum. What to do and what not to do. I'd really wouldn't like to mess it up for you all, so of course, I'd be more than happy to learn more of: "the Forum Rules, Navigation of the Forums, and General Forum Guidance.

You can't really know what would happen in the near or far future like a Xatu. If I was a Psychic-type Pokemon, I would answer this question with an absolute answer, but as I am a mere human, I will just give you this: "I shall try my best in getting active on this forum, and at least show you all that I am here and I want to learn from you all, And I will give biggest, hardest interest in learning and questioning. Try hard mode: ON."

And since it all goes down to this: Hikamaru, Sonata, and gimmepie might be able to be my mentor. (Notice me, mentor. Lulz.)
Meh, I'm all outta words. Thank you and... yeah. There's your form.

Welcome! I'll contact one of the mentors for you; you'll hear from them soon. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back