• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Pokemon encounter with no Pokemon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
Hey there,

So I'm trying a few ways to have my protagonist gain their Pokemon, and one thing I want to try is to have the player go into a small map with some grass that will have a specific set of encounters and the options of "This is the one I want" or "This is not the one I want" or something similar. Upon selecting "This is the one i want" the player can/will throw a 100% Catch Rate Pokeball to aqcuire it and then no more encounters would be available/the player is thrown out of the area/told to leave.

I'm very new to the scripting scene and had a read through the pBattle_Safari stuff to see what I could use that would be similar, as it would be a very similar concept but sadly I wasn't able to come up with anything.

tl;dr

How would I go about having a Pokemon encounter without having any Pokemon, and allow custom "fight/run" commands to determine the outcome?

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Well basically you wozld build that yourself based on the safari zone. In PokeBattle_Scene you find the script that sets the battle scene including the commands. You could duplicate the safari zone part, remove everything you don't need and then add everything that is missing

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
I had the same issue with safari and pokemon wouldn't appear even in safari zone. So I just added a bidoof before the player enters to safari, then when he catches his pokemon, the bidoof is removed.

Back