The PokéCommunity Forums Community Square Meet & Greet
Hello!

Meet & Greet New forum users, start here! Introduce yourself to the community, welcome your fellow members, and discover all of the cool things you can do around PokéCommunity.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old 3 Days Ago (6:24 AM).
Autumn94's Avatar
Autumn94 Autumn94 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2018
    Location: New York
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 9
    Hello! I go by Autumn. I'm 24 and a college student majoring in Human Services.

    I love Pokemon and have since I was around 4 or 5 years old. I play the games, watch the anime, collect merchandise/cards, and sometimes do Pokemon art. I look forward to getting to know everyone here, it seems like a great community!
    Reply With Quote
      #2    
    Old 3 Days Ago (9:50 AM).
    Sheep's Avatar
    Sheep Sheep is online now
    (≧∇≦)/
     
    Join Date: Oct 2006
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 24,299
    Hi Autumn, welcome to PC! I'm from NY myself, NYC to be exact =) Nice to meet you ~ do you watch the Sun & Moon anime? It's my favorite atm and I actively keep up with it!
    __________________

    pair family twin mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old 3 Days Ago (3:44 PM).
    Autumn94's Avatar
    Autumn94 Autumn94 is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2018
      Location: New York
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 9
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
      Hi Autumn, welcome to PC! I'm from NY myself, NYC to be exact =) Nice to meet you ~ do you watch the Sun & Moon anime? It's my favorite atm and I actively keep up with it!
      Hi Sheep, thank you! I actually haven't watched any of it yet, lately I've been watching the Indigo League. What a blast from the past, brings back so many memories! But I do have Sun & Moon on my "to watch" list :)
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old 3 Days Ago (4:46 PM).
      CodeHelmet CodeHelmet is offline
      Just your average Spaceball
         
        Join Date: Jun 2017
        Location: Hayward
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 2,086
        Indigo League is pretty good but which dub are you watching? English or native Japanese? Dialogue in Japanese dub is better in my opinion, notably in the Eevee Brother's Episode where... Jessie calls Misty "flat chested". Enough said as they say.

        Welcome to PC as well. Got a favorite region, character, game or Pokemon you'd like to share? Oh and I noticed you collect merchandise. How much of a collector are you? I hope you're not as bad as Fairy as her love of Sylveon knows no limits. Runs before I'm skewered
        __________________
        Currently raising:


        Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old 3 Days Ago (8:14 PM).
        Autumn94's Avatar
        Autumn94 Autumn94 is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2018
          Location: New York
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Calm
          Posts: 9
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
          Indigo League is pretty good but which dub are you watching? English or native Japanese? Dialogue in Japanese dub is better in my opinion, notably in the Eevee Brother's Episode where... Jessie calls Misty "flat chested". Enough said as they say.

          Welcome to PC as well. Got a favorite region, character, game or Pokemon you'd like to share? Oh and I noticed you collect merchandise. How much of a collector are you? I hope you're not as bad as Fairy as her love of Sylveon knows no limits. Runs before I'm skewered
          I am watching the English dub, I've never seen them in Japanese, it would be interesting to see/hear though

          My favorite region is definitely Kanto, I really like all the towns there. Especially Lavender Town. I had Leaf Green as a kid, lost it throughout the years from moving a lot but I bought both Fire Red and Leaf Green again a couple years ago. My other favorite is the Hoenn region, I was obsessed with Sapphire on my Gameboy Advance.

          My favorite pokemon are Ghastly (and all the evolutions), Togepi, Jigglypuff and Bulbasaur. I really like Sylveon as well, I used to have a plush. One year for my birthday my mom got a cake made that had the same colors of Sylveon, white, light pink, and light blue, it was beautiful.

          My collection is not big, it was in the past so I'm trying to rebuild it. I have some figures, a Pikachu plush, a charizard tumbler, volume 1 of Pokemon Adventures Manga, and a Pikachu binder full of cards. I certainly plan on getting more!
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old 3 Days Ago (10:15 PM).
          tokyodrift's Avatar
          tokyodrift tokyodrift is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2011
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 3,190
          Welcome to PC! Any specific field you're looking to get into after finishing college? It's always good to see older players keep up with the series. Is there a favorite main series game you've played or a spin-off? This is a great community and I'm quite sure you'll find something that you enjoy. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your stay!
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #7    
          Old 2 Days Ago (4:00 AM).
          Autumn94's Avatar
          Autumn94 Autumn94 is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2018
            Location: New York
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 9
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by tokyodrift View Post
            Welcome to PC! Any specific field you're looking to get into after finishing college? It's always good to see older players keep up with the series. Is there a favorite main series game you've played or a spin-off? This is a great community and I'm quite sure you'll find something that you enjoy. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your stay!
            Thank you! My favorite main series game is Leaf Green, I think it was the first Pokemon game I had ever played. A more current one that I really enjoy is Alpha Sapphire, I was so excited when I found out they were remaking it. I loved Sapphire on my Game Boy Advance. I do enjoy the spin off Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time.

            I really want to play Pokemon Go sometime, I don't think my current phone supports it though so I will probably wait till I upgrade. It looks like a lot of fun.

            I'm hoping to get my Masters in Social Work someday and get a job in the psychiatric field helping to counsel people. My own experience struggling with mental illness has given me a passion for psychology and helping others. Right now I'm working on an Associate in Science. I'm at a community college currently. The goal is to transfer to a 4 year college once I graduate.
            Reply With Quote
            Reply

            Quick Reply

            Join the conversation!

            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

            Create a PokéCommunity Account
            Thread Tools

            Posting Rules
            You may not post new threads
            You may not post replies
            You may not post attachments
            You may not edit your posts

            BB code is On
            Smilies are On
            [IMG] code is On
            HTML code is Off

            Forum Jump


            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:28 AM.