• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guardians of Aura - Riolu & Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Riolu & Lucario
Fan Club
Welcome
Riolu and Lucario are two Pokémon introduced during generation four, and has been able to gain popularity as soon as they set foot. Though, to help keep it relevant, this is our club where we could all get-together and share our love for these Pokémon. Without further ado, let's get right to it!

Guidelines
1) While signing up, you must provide all information required in registration form.
2) While this isn't mandatory, but as a member, it is recommend to remain active and lend a hand on keeping the club alive.
3) Anyone is allowed to start a new topic, but before doing so, please make sure that the previous one had at least three responses.
4) Please keep all forum-wide rules in mind.
5) Most importantly, have fun and enjoy yourself!

Registration & Members
Name:
Why do you wish to join? (optional):
Answer a topic:

- Peitharchia (Owner)
- Wicked3DS
- Lucariokul
- EagleEye7777777
- Doctor Pokemon
- invader94

Topics List
- What do you like most about Riolu and Lucario?
- What are your thoughts on Mega-Lucario?
- Would you like to see an actual to evolution Lucario in future?

Art credit to Apricolor of devaintART.​

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Name: Wicked3DS
Why do you wish to join?:To help jumpstart the club Lucario is one of my favorites even if I don't know much about it or use it much.

What are your thoughts on Mega-Lucario?
It looks a lot more like a Fighting-type to me, and even kind of represents a Japanese fighter in some ways as well, mostly just the stance and look on its face.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Glad you've joined, Wicked! Welcome!

What are your thoughts on Mega-Lucario?
I have to agree with Alex on its appearance. As far as its battling skills go, I'd say that it's pretty top-notch. Lucario is great in its own right, and once it manages to find a way to mega-evolve, its powers turn even greater, making it more easy to utilize and whatnot.

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
Name: Lucariokul
Why do you wish to join: Well, its really a personal reason. I've always idolized the Lucario line. And I've always used Lucario and Riolu, even if they're not always the best. Because just like an Absol - if you have a Lucario that's happy, you can be safe and happy alongside it. I always relax when looking at a picture of one... and being in this club before the old one closed made me feel like I had a place I belonged in. and I don't think I can say any more...
Answer to current topic: Well, I think Lucario is so cool in itself... I doubt a new evolution could top it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome back, Lucariokul. It's good to see you again!

I have to agree; Lucario is a pretty great Pokémon in itself, and it'd be sort of unlikely to see an evolution top it. Though, I still believe it'd be nice to see how things actually go had it wound up receiving one at some point in future. Can't imagine it to gain much stats boost, as its current ones are already great, but will definitely be receiving some overhaul as far as appearance goes, I feel.

Since it's sort of portrayed as ninja (alongside fighter, of course), maybe they would be able to have its evolution resemble them even further?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Hmm, I thought this would be much more popular.

What do you like most about Riolu and Lucario?

Fighting/Steel is unique to only Lucario and Cobalion, which is pretty cool. It also has good Physical and Special Attack stats and the movepool to go along with them, making them able to do a lot of different things and thus be pretty unpredictable.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Haha. I thought the same, but it's no biggie; new clubs usually seem to get a slow start.

For Riolu, it'd have to be its appearance, most definitely. It's meant to be seen as a kid, which it does seem like. Lucario's design is pretty well-formed, too, but what I like most about this Pokémon is its battling capabilities. Although it's not too tough to take down, it could lend some powerful hand to you, due to it having above-average offensive stats and access to decent moves in its arsenal.

Have used Lucario a lot of times in the past, and thankfully, it has never ceased to make an impression.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 31, 2018
Name: EagleEye7777777
Why do you wish to join? (optional): From the second I got Riolu I have used it in my team and recently I have gotten into the animated series and Lucario shows a lot in it so I was reminded just how amazing these Pokemon really are. I want to join to show my appreciation for these great Pokemon.
Answer a topic: What do you like most about Riolu and Lucario? I personally like the aura aspect and would really like it to be more focused on in the games. I like this as it is very mysterious and would like to learn all I can and more about it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, Eagle! It's great to have you here.

I personally haven't seen much of Lucario in anime (then again, though, I don't watch the show much these days, so most of it is my fault), but from when I have, it did seemed to have been quite interesting! It carries itself pretty highly, so to speak, every time the Pokémon makes appearance, which I am strongly fond of.

Recently, I've been watching X and Y, and am hoping to see Lucario make it into an episode or two if possible. It'd be great if it were able to show off its mega-form; of course, we were able to see it all in-game and whatnot, but in anime, we haven't precisely seen the Pokémon show it off yet, which, I believe, would be quite intriguing!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ah, does it? That's great to hear! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it. Anyhow, to answer a topic and bump this thread...

Would you like to see an actual to evolution Lucario in future?
I do believe it could work. First, its stats are indeed top-notch, making it quite powerful on its own. However, its defenses aren't as high, and could be taken down with only a single hit at times. If its defensive stats were to be raised slightly after it gains an evolution form, I feel it could go much further in terms of competitive and whatnot. If it winds up to be a bit overpowering, perhaps they could have its Speed dropped?

As far as appearance goes, if they wish to have it become more slow (in order to have it gain more defenses and endure additional attacks), I believe it would be wise if they had chosen to give its body more bulk, which could certainly help when it comes to reasoning. In a way, I'd imagine it to look sort of like Machoke, haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 1, 2015
Name- Doctor Pokemon
Why do I wish to join?- I want to join because Lucario is one of my favorite pokemon and I have used one on my team sense they first released it in the games.
Answer a topic- I think that Lucario is perfect as it is without another evolution and I don't want Nintendo to mess it up like they did Mega-Sharpedo.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to Lucario fan-club, Doc; we're glad to have you!

Similarly to you, I'm kind of afraid of them ruining its appearance as well, in a way, but I still believe it would be nice if it were to gain an actual evolution at some point. Not only would this help boosting its popularity in general, but this would also have it become better when it comes to competitive and whatnot, as the Pokémon would be gaining stats boosts.

If they're planning to have it gain more defensive and offensive stats as I've mentioned earlier, by sacrificing a bit of Speed, I feel it would be nice if they were to have its evolution look slightly more bulky and whatnot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 1, 2015
Yeah I have to agree with you on that having it be a bit more bulky would be great competitively and like you said lucario looking like machoke would be awsome.

Years
Hi, I'm Bethany, I'm new here and I would very much like to be in your group.

One of my favorite pokemon ever created. Beautiful design, pretty powerful, and that it evolves with friendship, that is just plan wonderful. That takes a lot of loyalty and trust and that is just so great. Pokemon human friendships are so amazing. I also feel very attached to Lucario due to the aura and energy abilities. I practice magic (don't worry, I don't do anything that harms people or animals.I mostly do basic things and healing.) and I want to one day be as great as Lucario. I look up to this pokemon very much.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Member list has finally been updated, everyone!

Welcome to PC, Bethany; I hope you're enjoying your stay here thus far. Welcome to the Lucario and Riolu club as well; we are glad to have you on-board! Yeah, it's pretty wonderful as to how Riolu evolves via friendship and whatnot; in terms of anime and whatnot, it does help develop some major connection between its trainer, allow it to understand them more and more, helping it ease things when it's time to participate in matches.

Anyhow, I've got a new topic for us, haha. Would we like to see Lucario appear in any future Pokémon movie, playing some big role of sorts? I understand that it's already got a film focusing around it, but popular Pokémon--Mewtwo, for example--wind up gaining more than one due to their popularity, so don't we believe the same could be applied here as well? Also, if they do decide to create another movie on Lucario, what would we like its title to be, and why?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Name - IndianCharizard#
Why do you wish to join cause riolu and lucario ate one of my most fav fighting types of all and I want to be a part if their fan club

Answer a topic What do you like most about Riolu and Lucario? - The thing I like about them is there good move set and there good attack one of the biggest fighting type pokemon of all and are reliable and crucial times

Anrin Deo Avis

BlaZing with Desire
Years
Name: Anrin Das
Why do you wish to join? (optional): Just Lucario is one of my fav poke
Answer a topic:What are your thoughts on Mega-Lucario?-It's impress me much like it make me feel like it is the king of fighting type

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Charizard and Anrin!

Yeah, Lucario's quite good at battling in general; I've used it plenty of times before, and it has never managed to disappoint me, thankfully. After one stats-boost move, it would instantly be ready for sweeping; regardless of what, it could defeat almost any opposing Pokémon.

Though, Lucario could be a little easy to take down at times, but I believe this is more of a good thing, as it helps prevent the Pokémon from being too overpowering.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If none of us mind, I'll go ahead and introduce a new topic, everyone! If we were to pair Lucario with any other Pokémon while battling, which would it be? Why would we pair this particular Pokémon with it? In what way would this be advantageous? How would our strategy lay out to be? How well are we expecting to see this working?

Me--I would likely put Lucario and Chansey together. Chansey's evolution, Blissey, have massive amount of defensive stats, but Chansey itself could be a lot more high in this regard if given the item known as Eviolite. Thanks to this, it would be able to endure almost any hits, especially special-based ones (as its Special Defense stat is sky-high).

In this duo, Lucario would be attacker. Its main job would be to take down as much opponents as it can while it's alive. Since its defenses aren't precisely good, it won't be able to withstand to much hits, but before it starts showing signs of faint, we would instantly switch to Chansey, which could buy it some time and perhaps even set up a Wish or two so Lucario could recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back