• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2021
in this rom, is more easy to find a shiny pokemons? cause i found a shiny sentret easily

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey guys!
Guess what?

I finally finished what was supposed to be done a long time ago but better late than never :) Beta 4.1 of the hack is now available and here is what I wrote about it in the main post as well.

The main post said:
Changes between betas

Beta 4.1 is an improved version of beta 4.0 which I wanted to release by the end of 2013, but I was out of the hacking scene for quite a long time but have returned to continue working on this project and finally finished everything for beta 4.1.
There are some changes here and there but nothing that drastic. Probably the biggest improvement I can think of right now is re-coding how feeling cold works in North Star. In 4.0, you would freeze by walking on spots where there are trigger events that "activate" the freezing. Now in 4.1 it's adjusted to real-time clock and you may get frozen just by standing at the same spot for too long.

Other things I can pick up are for example re-writing the script for the gentleman asking for Super Onix, making it possible to insert the code of the PC (in Argent Warehouse Central) automatically once you have done it before, and re-writing dialogue in the beginning to give a better view on who Maxime really is.

Is 4.1 a bug-free version?

There may be minor bugs (or even bigger ones but I don't think so) in beta 4.1 because I haven't beta-tested everything properly for this release (although I did give it a test-run). However, most things worked 100% fine in beta 4.0 and there weren't any "bad" glitches out there. And because I have only edited a bit of that and tested that my edited "hacks" work, beta 4.1 should be bug-free too. But if you download it, save often 'cause you'll never know...
I'll be fixing things later if there are bugs you run into :)

So if you have nothing better to do at the summer time and feel like giving Dark Energy another go, or especially if you haven't even tried it yet, download and have fun.
Link to Mediafire (attachment in the main post): https://www.mediafire.com/?2nrjy56fnfb6gpl

xavire

RetroSage
Years
You can de-evolve Eevee's upper forms with De-Stones. You had probably found out that already but if not, that's how it works.

1. Noctowl isn't very tough so training Squirtle might be a better idea. Espeon can learn Surf/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam later on though if you make it to learn those!
2. Neither actually. Grand Tower is a totally optional place although fighting there may help with finishing all the sidequests. But what you really would have to do is to find a way to access next area (Area 109). The gate is locked so investigate and talk to people and you'll probably find an easy way to open it.

Pretty much every time you get stuck in the game, open town map and see where you may need to go and talk to people if needed. That should solve things.

Yea but some time there's nothing telling u where to go. After I see super onix for the first time i get lost again. When i go to the dark cavern i just fall into a pitch black room and i don't have flash so what do i do?

Years
Yea but some time there's nothing telling u where to go. After I see super onix for the first time i get lost again. When i go to the dark cavern i just fall into a pitch black room and i don't have flash so what do i do?

I get Flash but i don't remember how. U must go on. I think i get flash by beating the gym leader who has electrik pokemon but i'm not sure. If i'm good, this is in the city where u can have a 2G starter.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
so far is a great hack, G/S/C has a certain charisma to them, loving it so far, but i have a question: is the game using standard gen 2 spec/phys split, I.E. with types, or gen 4 split, going based on the move's contact catogory?

miksy91

Years
I agree that that part may not be clear enough and could be made less confusing.
Anyway, once you have obtained HM Surf, you can use it to explore areas you have been to and also continue to Western Lake from The Capital (and surf to Brightbulb City).

The thing is that you're supposed to go to Rocky Mountain in East-Suden like explained earlier in the game. Because Super Onix blocks the path in Area 112, you'll have to find another way and one could go further from the north by surfing east from The Capital.

But you're right, it could be explained better.

so far is a great hack, G/S/C has a certain charisma to them, loving it so far, but i have a question: is the game using standard gen 2 spec/phys split, I.E. with types, or gen 4 split, going based on the move's contact catogory?
I have kept the original gen II p/s split.

Koolboyman has however documented how to very easily change that to function the way it does in gen IV and onwards. I just don't like to add that feature since it might not work properly with the moves pokemon know in gen II and besides, it's good the way it is.

So yeah, gen II p/s split and going to stay like that as well (unless people somehow convince me to have it otherwise but nah!) :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2014
Hello misky.
Just wanted to say i just dled the 4.1 beta and am really enjoying it. ^^
I really like what u did with the eevee since it give alot of tm possibilities. ;) I would like to know if u theres more than 2 of those stone and if they only work on eevee.

Also i got a 2 problem with a pokemon and i hope u can help me : i ususally take zubat as flying pkm since crobat is easy to have and ususally golbat and crobat can use fly but in ur rom golbat can't use fly also my golbat is around lvl 40 (i captured him as little zubat lvl 5-10) and he still hasnt evolved from hapiness. Have u changed anything about my kind lil bat? the fly problem ain't much since u give a free flying lovable pokemon that goes well in my rooster anyway but what about my crobat? QQ

sorry for the birck and sorry for the bad english ;) i really enjoy ur good work and hope u finish it soon :D (not pushing u doe :P)

have a nice day

Edit: just caught super onix WTF IS THAT!! i beat a raticate lvl 90 with a onix lvl 40?

Last edited:
Years
also, did you change the shiny encounter rate? because this happened. I found the first one about 15 mins before this one.
PokemonDarkEnergy_01_zps9d57bded.png

miksy91

Years
Hello misky.
Just wanted to say i just dled the 4.1 beta and am really enjoying it. ^^
I really like what u did with the eevee since it give alot of tm possibilities. ;) I would like to know if u theres more than 2 of those stone and if they only work on eevee.

Also i got a 2 problem with a pokemon and i hope u can help me : i ususally take zubat as flying pkm since crobat is easy to have and ususally golbat and crobat can use fly but in ur rom golbat can't use fly also my golbat is around lvl 40 (i captured him as little zubat lvl 5-10) and he still hasnt evolved from hapiness. Have u changed anything about my kind lil bat? the fly problem ain't much since u give a free flying lovable pokemon that goes well in my rooster anyway but what about my crobat? QQ

sorry for the birck and sorry for the bad english ;) i really enjoy ur good work and hope u finish it soon :D (not pushing u doe :P)
I kinda feel like you have already "worked it out" and so don't need my help with these problems anymore. Nice to hear you have liked the hack either way.

P.S
I didn't feel like replying to you back as soon as I saw this message although you did have a lot of content in here. Writing in good english (when you know you can!) makes a difference :)

just curious, I see a female trainer in the hack's banner... is she playable or planned to be playable?
She is playable in later betas but you can use her already (in battles) in beta 4 as well.
If you want to try her (or the blue-haired main hero) use these Gameshark codes

Code:
010149D8 Oscar (male)
010249D8 Ashlyn (female)

The game may not function properly throughout the game if you use them all the time so I would only suggest to try them out though.

Also what comes to shiny ratios... you shouldn't run into shiny pokemon that often in beta 4.1 anymore. I don't remember the exact ratio in it but it's probably somewhere around 1/300.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
I've been loving this hack so far but after updating to 4.1 my Blastoise isn't shiny anymore. :(

Is this just me?

miksy91

Years
I've been loving this hack so far but after updating to 4.1 my Blastoise isn't shiny anymore. :(

Is this just me?
It's actually normal and happens to everyone switching over from beta 4.0 save to 4.1.
I changed the DV values required for pokemon to be shiny and the shiny Squirtle you encounter in the game in 4.0 version had DV values that made it to be shiny in that version but not in 4.1 version anymore. So for 4.1, I also changed the DV values of that Squirtle to be shiny once again.

But yeah, probably around half of the pokemon that are shiny in 4.0 are not shiny in 4.1 anymore.

If you want to make it a shiny once again, you can hack its DV values in ram using this as documentation:
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Gold:RAM_map#Party_Pokemon

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 3, 2014
I think I may have found a bug. I have 4.1, and I have beaten the second gym and received the woolly hat, but when I go into North star, I always faint. I've tried running through it quickly, I've tried physically equipping the hat, but it just says that can't be used right now.

miksy91

Years
I think I may have found a bug. I have 4.1, and I have beaten the second gym and received the woolly hat, but when I go into North star, I always faint. I've tried running through it quickly, I've tried physically equipping the hat, but it just says that can't be used right now.
If you're carrying the Woolly Hat in your key items pocket, it will protect against cold but will not give you a "perfect protection" like another key item, Sweater, does.

It is totally possible to go through the cavern once you have obtained Woolly Hat though. I believe you have been just unlucky, that's all. Because when I tested it for a couple of times myself, I never had any trouble passing the cavern when Woolly Hat was in my inventory.

If you still have trouble with it though, I can write a few gameshark codes for making it possible to have Sweater in your key items pocket but that may make you lose another key item at the same time unless you make sure your key item pocket is empty when you enter the codes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016

If You're using an Emulator w/ a speed booster, I did, then the wholly caves realtime clock accelerate by that speed. I've made it through while on 4x speed once, but it is incredibly difficult. If this isn't your case, my apologies.

But I do have a question, everyone says the house on west lake has a page in it, but it's locked, do. I need a special key?

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
That's good that the shiny rate is increased.

Adding this to my playlist.

Back