• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's not the worst looking Pokémon of all time, but IMO it's the worst eeveelution. It just seems overdesigned and barely fits with the others.

Well yeah it is overdesigned, but hopefully that's for a specific reason relating to ribbons otherwise it's... very complicated for just one type :(

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I'm very unhappy. And this being one of the first new Pokemon? (Other then starters or legendaries of course) Was in awe of the landscape, the legendaries and 2/3 starters look great, but this thing....wow, can you say buzzkill? I'm hoping the other Pokemon (hopefully) coming with this scan can match up to the awesomeness of Xerneas/Yveltal.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I kinda want this to be normal. If they have another Eeveelution this semester it would make sense for the counterpart to be Ghost - I dunno - I just feel like that makes sense.

I've been waiting for a ghost Eevee forever.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I like Ninfia, it's just adorable... That is, if you can ignore for a second that it looks like Milotic and Victini's lovechild (with a ribbon). Otherwise it's cute. Here's hoping for something awesome typing-related, like Dragon or Flying :) ...or both.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments about it's type I've seen being tossed around:

Flying-type
  • Lightest Eeveelution
  • Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
  • Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
  • The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
  • May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)

Poison/Ghost-type
  • Only Eeveelution shown with teeth in the left-hand side page
  • Deceptively cute appearance could be used to its advantage if it were a Poison- or Ghost-type, allowing it to gain the element of surprise (and hence adapt?)
  • Poison: Could relate to the DNA theme of the game, perhaps relating to residue/'wrong' DNA

Normal-type
  • Looks fairly regular, doesn't have any features which are commonly associated with certain types
  • Could be Eevee's natural evolution, instead of the evolutions which come about due to its DNA instability/adapting to environment

Light-type
  • Insisting on keeping Ninfia's type a secret
  • Ninfia is sparkling in the artwork of it with the other Eeveelutions (pretty iffy evidence, but)

I still bet on it betting Flying or maybe Fighting in some way, but Normal type can be... interesting? I'm not sure if it's going to be a Dragon though. Although, that would be interesting as well.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
You're probably going to be heading on a long road towards disappointment, then. .___.;; I mean, personally, I really don't like setting really high expectations when it comes to GF making Pokemon releases because I like to be pleasantly surprised by what I see. Maybe most Pokemon we'll see in this region would be more cutesy like this one, or perhaps this new eeveelution would be a unique case, and we'll get more competitively-suited Pokemon like we did in Gen IV. You just never know~!

I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.

Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.

Thank you! I completely agree with your reasoning. I won't mind if this pink, sparkly, blue eyed, Victini spawn has amazing stats, if he has a 350+ in a special attack, I'll be VERY happy.

First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.

True. It first seemed Dialga/Palkia seem completely alien, but now, they are both some of my favorite Pokemon (Samurott and Black Kyurem as well) ill get used to it, it's just gonna take awhile unless they start producing some darker Pokemon. (dragon type plzzzzzz)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We've seen a total of six Pokemon from the new generation. It's too early to call "oh this generation will all be too cutesy" or "all this stuff is too manly looking" right now. Wait till we have more Pokemon to determine that. Besides, I hated Chespin and Froakie at first, and after a few hours, I got used to them. You just have to let things sink in a bit before you go off hating everything.

Also hated Black Kyurem when it was revealed now I love it for no reason...lmao. :( I've just learned to keep my mouth shut on things and wait for it to settle before I say "OH THIS IS UGLY!" or what not. Besides, if you don't like the official art, I'm sure there's tons of fanart now. That's what got me to like Chespin and Froakie. Official art doesn't always do a Pokemon any good.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
it's not a Normal type, Eevee is the Normal type of the Evveelution family

my guess is either Flying or Fighting, that, and the colors are similar to Skyla

Looks like a Milotic/Mienshao got merged with an Eevee

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I agree, I was just furious because that pokemon's art looks SO bad... I know EEVEE evolutions are mainly cutsy, but that just took it too far for me. I shouldn't have thrown up with rage on the forum, sorry about that. I'll get used to it...maybe... Froakie still isn't appealing, like I said, the evolutions is a make or break for me. I love Fennekin (hoping for a new Ninetales-type) and chespin would be awesome if it evolved into a giant hedgehog thing. It just depends until they release more info.

If by "darker" you mean Hydreigon-esque looking Pokemon, then I wouldn't mind. XD

That, Haxorus, or Kyurem like would be AMAZING. (Like I said, Dragon!)

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments about it's type I've seen being tossed around:

Flying-type
  • Lightest Eeveelution
  • Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
  • Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
  • The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
  • May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)
Here's another Flying-type Theory to add to the list for Ninfia: The bows and long ribbons can echo that of a kite's tail, which is used to help keep the kite at balance when in the air. I thought that was a pretty interesting theory to back up Ninfia being a Flying type while I was browsing tumblr.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
I'm going to laugh if it turns out to either be a new type completely, or something completely unexpected like Dragon. XD

I honestly want that more than anything. The introduction of new types would allow for more diverse designs of new pokemon instead of them eventually running out of ideas and having to rehash yet another "fire dog" or "water fish" and so on. Sure there's a lot of options of animals that haven't been Pokefied, so to speak, but how much real variety can they make them with them goign to become the same usual typings and most likely just be how Ganondorf is to Capt Falcon in Melee.

Years
The introduction of new types would allow for more diverse designs of new pokemon instead of them eventually running out of ideas and having to rehash yet another "fire dog" or "water fish" and so on.
Would it, though? If we did get a new type I would think we'd be just as likely to get Pokemon that we'd take a look at and say "Well, that doesn't look like a Light-type. It looks more like a Fire-type!" But of course it would come down to how well they're designed. I think there is plenty of room for new Pokemon that aren't more "water fish" and so on. Some people want more water fish though. You know we're gonna have another Pikachu clone because people want that. That's just a decision that they make when coming up with new designs.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I hope that this is a female and maybe there will be a male counterpart? It's a little bit too girly, even for an eeveelution. I'm a bit disappointed, but I still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back