• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Physics is the bomb! Electricity and electric circuits and investigating motion and energy I always found quite interesting. I never found astronomy quite as intriguing though.

Chemistry is also pretty awesome too (I'm such a nerd oh my god), my aspect would probably be carbon chemistry (ESTERS!!!) or investigating DNA and its structure (nucleotides - bases, sugars, phosphate etc.) I also don't mind performing titrations which can be a rather tedious task for some and completing mole calculations. Ooh, you can't forget about enzymes and amino acids and acid-base reactions and redox reactions and asdfjgogooskihgj! ♥

nerd4lyf

Years
Oh, that's so cute ~

Think you're a big boy now eh? Pfft, you're nothing. Wait till you get to university and you have to do page + long proofs and questions that take pages to complete. Just you wait, you little whipper-snapper you.

I'm in University, actually. And I am aware that this is just the start of my endeavors for dreaded electromagnetism (My friend took the same course last semester so I know about how complex problems can be) and I've seen worse from different courses.

As for science in general, I actually didn't have much problem with biology. Chemistry on the other hand, after I took the course in high school it was more than obvious it wasn't for me, at all.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Math just gives me a headache, especially Algebra , (advanced) Geometry and Trig. @-@ I'm glad I never have psychics in school.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'm glad to say that I'll never have to deal with another Physics or Chem problem for the rest of my life! The course I'm studying now, which is Psychology, has taken me far away from all that and I am happy. :D

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm glad to say that I'll never have to deal with another Physics or Chem problem for the rest of my life! The course I'm studying now, which is Psychology, has taken me far away from all that and I am happy. :D

Amanda, you've just solidified my decision to pursue a Psych major. <3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I personally think that physics is really interesting. That and medical-related stuff are the only things that I would read about/study just for that reason haha.

...Although people do seem to that think it's a little odd when they notice that I'm sitting somewhere with a large book on mental disorders. Sure, most of that information will potentially be of no use to me, but it's still interesting. {:

TY

Im more interested in programmin stuff, thats why im studying IT atm in college, and i managed to make the worst thing ever... a loading screen xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I need to fix my dislike for math because I want to become a Marine Biologist. Sob why does everything I do and happens around me clash with some other thing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Hahaha, so you can often be found reading a casebook of head cases, Jess? X}

I always prefered languages. English, French, Spanish (Meh. . .), some asian languages, etcetera. . . Math of any kind was okay, but so damn dull!
And, if studying something just because you honestly want to know more about it makes you one, then yes, yes, I'm a nerd

Edit: Dipu, you just made me realise how little I know in the field of Marine Bio. . .

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Depends on what field you're going to, really. If you're going to work with the population numbers and the water in the sea and all that fun stuff then yeah you'll probably need a lot of math. I haven't quite decided what field of Marine Bio I want to go into but I have a few ideas.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've tried IT before as a degree but it didn't work out for me. Too mathy. And too much structure. Nopee not for me. The decision to change degrees is one of the best decisions I've made so far.

Years
I want to either try IT or computer science for a career, maybe IT because from what I have heard, IT involves less mathematics.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
IT is amaaaaaaazing. My degree only requires at least college algebra, and I'm taking college algebra right now, so I'm pretty much satisfied that after this I no longer have to take any math classes anymore after this. My minoring for English is set aside for now as I didn't have any room for my sophomore classes, hopefully next semester. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Computer Science is kind of just another facet of math so... yeah, there's lots of math involved.

What is IT though? I admit I've never really looked into it. I imagine it has to be pretty different if its basis isn't as strongly in math. Is it more programming than theory?

Years
I'm curious as to what people think IT encompasses, as someone who can say I'm an IT professional (or, rather, IS professional, which more closely matches my official title). I do deal more with hardware than software, but I'm expected by the end users I support to know everything and anything related to the computers. Not so much the phones, but that will probably change the longer I work for my employer.

I know a lot of people that think IT encompasses every facet of information-handling technology as well as programming.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I more assume IT (in an academic setting) has to do with programming because I can't really see how you'd get a degree in it otherwise. If it's more hardware based, I'd see it as more of a skilled trade where you can get certifications and the like, but there wouldn't be a whole degree path with a Bachelor of Whatever at the end.

I will admit that when I hear "IT", I think IT Department which tends to just be the people in charge of networking, troubleshooting hardware, and installing new hardware... generally in that order. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back