• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Going For Gold

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
Going For Gold: Part I

New Bark Town

"What time is it?" Nine am? Yikes someone overslept. Pro. Oak introduces us to the world of Pok?mon. Waking up in our room alone, and we decide to head downstairs. Apparently, after Mom totally lets us leave the house to travel this crazy world, we set off to see what this guy Pro. Elm wants. Apparently, he's great and finding things. This guy named Mr. Pok?mon that is. He's always finding out new things about Pok?mon, that is. So we have to go find his house. But, first Pro. Elm gives us a Pok?mon.

Cyndaquill ? Lv. 5
Leer, Tackle

Who's that guy outside Elm's lab. Jerk pushed MaSter out of his way. Jerk. MaSter leaves New Bark Town heading along Route 29. Fighting Pidgey's to train.

Route 29

There'd be tons of Pidgey here. Aton of grass. Look a new Pok?mon! Sentret! Running along we come to a city, and a Pok?mon Center.

Cherrygrove City

What no gym? Guess this nice pond that you cant cross is cool, but nope nothing.

Mr. Pok?mon's House

Mr. Pok?mon talks about his discovery. Pro. Oak gives you a Pokedex. You get a mystery egg. As you step out side there's a phone call, because people call you in these games. You run back home,but on the way just as your leaving Cherrygrove this red haired jerk wants to battle. MaSter takes him on with.

Cyndaquill ? Lv. 6
Leer, Tackle

New Bark Town: And the Adventure Begins

MaSter says to the cop in the lab. That he saw that red headed jerk. His name was Darkin. Elm is shocked about the egg. Before you leave New Bark Town for a while, you go say hi to Mom. She saves your money.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
Going For Gold: Part II

Route 30 & 31, Dark Cave

It's back to Cherrygrove City.

For more exciting Pok?mon adventures. Heading North on Route 30. Some trainers were blocking the path before, and now they're not, So MaSter fights Youngster Joey. He bests him. He asks for a number. Expect a few calls about how awesome his Rattata is. Is it? It lost to a lv. 6 Cyndaquill. Another trainer. It's Youngster Mikey, and he also has a Rattata. A Pidgey too. Don and Wade are a couple of bug catchers you can battle.

The grass is also filled with Metapods you can battle.

After these routes, it's onto Violet City.

Dark Cave is also in this area, but flash is needed. You can still go inside and catch a few Pok?mon That's what MaSter did.

Cyndaquill ? Lv. 10
Leer, Tackle, Smokescreen

Violet City

MaSter see's that this city has a gym. North of the gym is the Sprout Tower. It's full of grass trainers with Bellsprouts. The head boss guy has a Hoot-Hoot though. Maybe MaSter decides to add a few Pok?mon to his team. Before climbing the tower, and he does some training.

Cyndaquill ? Lv. 12
Leer, Tackle, Smokescreen, Ember

Chikorita ? Lv. 12
Reflect, Growl, Tackle, Razor Leaf

Totodile ? Lv. 12
Leer, Scratch, Rage

( I did the starter Glitch just for this playthrough of Gold. )

MaSter tackled the Sprout Tower and beat the guy to get Flash, with Cyndaquill. Darkin was there blabbing about weak this and that. The Jerk.

The Gym

Bird's everywhere.

Abe has a Sparrow. Rod has two Pidgey.

Leader Falkner put up a fight. MaSter used Totodile. After a few Leers, and a couple of turns of Rage Pidgey fainted. It was time to face the leader's ace. Pidgeotto. Rage put in the best of work and MaSter had won his first badge. With that badge, the journey continues.

Years
A beginner trainer walking around with all three starters just seems awesome.

Who's that guy outside Elm's lab. Jerk pushed MaSter out of his way. Jerk.

lmao
I like your playthrough a lot so far, any plans to nickname your team? =o

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
I'm glad you're enjoying this. More to come very soon, and it shall be fun and entertaining. Jerk face is back again in the next epi too

I didn't plan on nicknames for this play through. But, I might consider it.

Last edited:

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
Going For Gold: Part III

Route 32, and Union Cave

The best trainer in the world meets a guy who blocks route and won't get out of the way. Need a badge he says. So MaSter got that badge. This guy lets him pass. Before he was like you shall not pass without Badge. There were a nice group of trainers on this route for MaSter to train up his Pok?mon. About eight in all. There were a few fishermen on the Route. But before that MaSter decided to catch a new member of his team. Adding a Mareep to the party.

Union Cave

Welcome to the cave of wonders, also known as the cave of many Zubats. Repels would be nice. Hikers and a firebreather round out the trainers here.

Route 33

Hiker Anthony wants to battle.

Oh, look a Geodude. This Machop will low kick, and it hurts. Best, part is he gives you his number for a swarming Pokemon.

Slowspokes are getting there what cut off

Tails! Team Rocket is in the well. Time to save Kurt!

He's gona make you some balls!

Team Rocket is a real pushover.

Gym

A few trainers later and Bugsy can be challenged. His ace and the only thing worrisome here is his lv 16 Scyther.

Rival

It's Jerky McJerky face. After MaSter gets that badge this jerk is complaining about Team Rocket. It's time to fight him. With a win, MaSters team is looking stronger.

Quilava ? Lv. 16
Leer, Mud-Slap, Smokescreen, Ember

Bayleaf ? Lv. 16
Reflect, PoisonPowder, Mud-Slap, Razor Leaf

Totodile ? Lv. 16
Leer, Mud-Slap, Rage, Water Gun

Flaaffy ? Lv. 16
Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

Last edited:

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
Going For Gold: Part 4

Ilex Forest

Welcome to the forest you wish you had 50 repels for!

And bugs!

MaSter fetches some dudes bird and is able to cut a tree down after spending way too much time headbutting every tree. For Bugs! Caught a Heracross!

Route 34, Golden Rod City, Route 35

It has some trainer fights! The daycare is also here. In Golden Rod City MaSter gets a cool thing called a radio card. Blast some sweet tunes. Listen to the epic music of this awesome city. It has a huge mart. It has punch moves. They are decent as hell.

The underground has some trainers, and you can get a coin case which MaSter did pick up. It also has the one place in this game where you can get haircuts.

Then there is the gym. But first route 35. More trainers. There's also a park area. You can get Dig. It has some trainers too. MaSter trains his Pokemon for the dreaded Whitney Gym battle.

The Gym

Everyone knows she's a pain in the butt. Clefairy double slaps. Yeah, I used Bayleaf to put up Reflect first, then allowed Croconaw to build a Rage when it switched in. Beat down Clefairy. I get Milktank down to half she rolls out, I put her to near red and she rollsout again taking out Croconaw. She took out Quilava, and Flaaffy too. But a crit Razor Leaf won me the badge.

Master (me) did good here.

Note: I have done much yet after this as I've been working on getting two charmed Eevee's. It takes time. But, I did it. Another rival battle with McJerky Jerk face coming soon!

Quilava ? Lv. 18
Leer, Mud-Slap, Smokescreen, Ember

Bayleaf ? Lv. 21
Reflect, PoisonPowder, Mud-Slap, Razor Leaf

Croconaw ? Lv. 19
Rage, Mud-Slap, Ice Punch, Water Gun

Flaaffy ? Lv. 19
Tackle, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Wave

Back