• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
This thread is replacing the previous Generation 5 thread since it was quite old. Anyway, this is the Generation 5 thread. A thread where any discussion, speculation, thoughts or suggestions about the new generation of Pokemon are placed. Feel free to ask questions or post any news and snippets that you've seen lying around so we can have fun discussions about them.

Have fun chatting!

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
For the sake of it, that fan made magazine scan.

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
That Farfetch'd and Delibird scan actually look like the two coolest flying types I've seen since Pidgeot. Seriously, if those Pokemon are based on the rest of generation 5's design then I will be majorly impressed.

pokefangunner

PokeGleek
Years
Well On Pokemon Sunday this weekend most likely the guy is going to reveal the full title of the new movie, Introduce the new games by game freak, and probably reveal 2 to 3 new pokemon!

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
That Farfetch'd and Delibird scan actually look like the two coolest flying types I've seen since Pidgeot. Seriously, if those Pokemon are based on the rest of generation 5's design then I will be majorly impressed.
Sometimes, a fan knows best what a fan wants.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Well On Pokemon Sunday this weekend most likely the guy is going to reveal the full title of the new movie, Introduce the new games by game freak, and probably reveal 2 to 3 new pokemon!
I don't think that they'll release that much in one episode. If they did have all that news, they would spread it out within three to four episodes to keep the suspense up.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
Years

I definitely want to see an evolved Farfetch'd and Delibird though, so I hope GF really does something like this.
It's about time we got a non-uber flying, freezing Pokemon. And Farfetch'd will be filled with awesome if it does evolve.

Thumbs up for a really good genuine looking art style for the Pokemon, who ever made it..

So, whats the rumour mill saying? Possible revealing on Pokemon Sunday?

Myles

Seriously?
Years
Let's see, what do I want to see in the next generation...

- More battle animations. Mainly some or all Pokemon having slight animations just while sitting there. For example Zubat flapping their wings. I'd also like to see 'getting hit' and fainting animations for Pokemon. But that might take up a fair bit of room in the DS cart. :P
- Following Pokemon making a return. Also IV breeding items like in HGSS should make a return. As well as apricorns making a return.
- An IV cap. For example, while you can have a maximum of 31 IVs in a particular stat. But only a total of 124. Obviously how Hidden Power is calculated would need to be reworked.
- The RNG being reseeded on start-up again. every saving method being properly checked for duplication glitches. Abilities being constantly updated based on their personality value so that we don't have to worry about WonderTombs.
- More legendaries. One in an Unknown Dungeon sort of thing, one required for the story, one in a spin-off game, one event only Pokemon and all the rest being optainable in-game via side quests. If Nintendo want more events, they can use old generation Pokemon.
- More modes in the Battle Frontier. That is open level and six Pokemon teams. And more online play in the Battle Frontier.
- Heaps to do after the Pokemon League. Platinum's about right. That is an extra area with heaps of stuff and a Battle Frontier.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Woah, those both look great :) But i htink the delibird evos necks is a bit too long (even longer in the back sprite) and the other one looks like its from naruto

Myles

Seriously?
Years
I. Would. So. Love. A. Farfetch'd. Evo.

It might even surpass Crobat as my favourite Pokemon.

Years

Holy ****, where'd you find that?!?!?! How'd those awesome tiles get there?!?!!?

Dang, I don't fully believe it, but....WHOA!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
What do you guys think about adding another always available shiny Pokemon, like the Red Gyarados from Johto?

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
WOW that scan looks real can anyone translate the text?
I would love another always shiny pokemon but like the above poster said it would be overused by noobs
P.S I'm new here so hi, some of you may have seen me on Serebii

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
I'd go loolololololol if Farfetch'd got an evolution in Gen V. It doesen't need it. Farfy is just a novelty pokemon anyway.

Seriously, Gen IV introduced enough evolutions already. Porygon2 didn't really need an evolution. It was epic enough already.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Man those scans look real!

I'd go loolololololol if Farfetch'd got an evolution in Gen V. It doesen't need it. Farfy is just a novelty pokemon anyway.

Seriously, Gen IV introduced enough evolutions already. Porygon2 didn't really need an evolution. It was epic enough already.
Yeah that porygon was a filler pokemon, its just a flying porygon 2 (pretty much).

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Man those scans look real!

Yeah that porygon was a filler pokemon, its just a flying porygon 2 (pretty much).

My Niprop senses are tingling!

I wouldn't mind another shiny or something. I still require a first-person camera at some point, though. And perhaps a four-wheeler of some kind. Epic transport is epic.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Those Farfetch'd and Delibird evos look pretty darn cool actually.

So, what do you guys reckon we'll see on Sunday? The starters? A legendary? An evolution of an old Pokemon? A prevolution? A new and unrelated Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back