• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Rate the Anime Music Above You

Years
So, bringing back this old thread. Basically, give the music in the post above yours a rating out of ten and then embed a track from an anime of your own so the next person can do the same.

I'll start you off with this

pkmin3033

5/10. Honestly not my favourite Brotherhood opening...but there are worse, so by comparison I'd say it's pretty average. The vocals give me a bit of a headache at points.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not available in this country? Eeeeeh? Why would that even be region locked <.<

But 7/10. One Ok Rock's brand of Westernized Rock sits surprisingly well with me, even if I don't listen to a lot of their music. But the songs I've heard, The Beginning and my personal favorite, Kanzen Kankaku Dreamer (which was a major factor in me revisiting and eventually liking Gurren Lagann at all) I really enjoy.

Since we're goin with the opening train, might as well kick it with a favorite:

pkmin3033

7/10. It's got that old-timey charm to it, haha. Plus some very good Engrish. Who doesn't love Engrish?

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
6/10. It was fun but nothing special ^-^; Really liked the instrumentation though!

My favorite ending from last season.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
7/10 - something I could have in the background as I work. Didn't like that pause halfway through.

Adding something recent to the mix, because I love the OP (Anime - Kiznaiver)

pkmin3033

7/10. I've not seen the show so I can't put it into proper context, but a relaxing piano piece is always good by itself~

pkmin3033

6/10...and only because I know how bad the other one is, haha. I love the animation, but I just don't think the song fits...it's not a BAD song, but it's not exceptional.

Also yay for reviving this thread!

I still think the dub God card theme is better

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
It saddens me to say this, but 3/10. ;__; I'm usually a massive fan of most music from the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise, but DSOD's soundtrack just doesn't cut it for me. =/

(If you're not a fan of slower-paced music, I apologize for this next track!)

Years
7/10

A solid but semi-cliche song. Admittedly I LOVE the piano and it has a pretty solid composition, but I don't really know when it was used, so I'm entirely rating it based off what information I have. Yugioh (especially the Japanese release) typically has pretty solid music all around, honestly.

If I were honest, this probably isn't necessarily my favorite from the Hunter x Hunter 2011 series, but this is just one of them that sticks out.

(I couldn't get the youtube thing to work correctly? Mod, feel free to delete this part and fix it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

pkmin3033

You only need the last bit of the Youtube video in tags, after the = in the URL :3

Anyways, that gets a 6/10 from me. It's very...peppy. But not offensive to the ears I don't think.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Yessss! Ace Attorney. <3 I'll give this one a 7/10! The Steel Samurai's theme was already catchy in the games, and the anime version gives it quite an epic feel!

Here's the next one! The title is something along the lines of "Unrest."

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
8/10 I remember this playing just before Yusei started his turn and pulled some right hand BS that let him summon Shooting Quasar Dragon. Was epic to see, but my lawd.

Digimon Tri Butterfly is mine. I can't get into Tri for some reason and it's annoying me. Do like the theme song.

pkmin3033

4/10. I guess it's because I grew up with the dub, but I just don't like that song The tri version is better than the original, but the original was awful to begin with. xD

Got this anime on the brain at the moment, might be time for a rewatch...

pkmin3033

7/10. Bit of a weird dissonance between the vocals and the rest of it, but pretty eerie nonetheless.

It's JJ style!

Back