• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
So, um, what do I do then? I have a custom Pokemon that is ESSENTIAL for this game. If I can't edit the cry, is there some way I can swap it with another Pokemon's? I don't want to write this one over an existing Pokemon in unLZ, so I've got it on a blank space. How can I give it a certain cry?

Also, do I have to use hex codes for the "ID" area in PokeCry? Or just the Pokemon's Pokedex number? Because I've tried both of them, and neither worked.

It isn't recommended to change the cry. Ask HackMew for help, as he gave me advice about Pokecry (even though he wasn't the creator), but trust me, it is better to wait for a better tool.

Alex31

Pro D<
Years
This sounds very noobish, but in a hack of Pokemon Fire-Red, if its not a First Generation Pokemon, it wont evolve, so is there any way to edit the game to make it so you have the National Dex earlier on than after defeating the Elite Four.
I've seen it done in some games, but finding out how to do it would be very helpful, thanks.

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
This sounds very noobish, but in a hack of Pokemon Fire-Red, if its not a First Generation Pokemon, it wont evolve, so is there any way to edit the game to make it so you have the National Dex earlier on than after defeating the Elite Four.
I've seen it done in some games, but finding out how to do it would be very helpful, thanks.
Special 0x81F or something. Triggers your national dex, just look it up in Oak's script.

How would you release a Pokemon from your party?
Thanks

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
XSE is not working for me i put in the script completely right and it doesnt work!

and has any one got a complete script for give pokedex and get your first badge. And dont tell me to read the tutorial that comes with it cos ive read it twice all the way through.
1. Don't use AdvanceText for things like that. Create your own scripts using a tool like XSE. :/

2. That's the kind of thing you use AdvanceText for. Search for some of the text in the intro, and then edit it.

3. You can use a tool called Lunar IPS (LIPS). It both patches and creates patches. To put it up for download, you can use a sharing site like MediaFire or SendSpace, or you can attach it to one of your posts.

EDIT: And is there a tool to edit the title screen in fire red?

And on number 2 i meant before you see oak the bit where theres a pikachu in tp corner

he told me to make my own script for the 1st badge how do i do that

Last edited:

Reb

Bad Mood :X
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2009
iam edieting the titlescreen.But when i import the raw and test it,hers what happen.
http:*//i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp52/trebuh12345/hyu.jpg

(remove the *)

it screwed up,i already pallet edited it.
Maybe the tilemap is too big?

Years
And on number 2 i meant before you see oak the bit where theres a pikachu in tp corner.
You can get that from Advanced Text as well. Click on the search button and type in the first few words of the intro.

Push the 'Add To INI' button and give it a name and choose a section. Go to the corresponding section and edit away.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
You can get that from Advanced Text as well. Click on the search button and type in the first few words of the intro.

Push the 'Add To INI' button and give it a name and choose a section. Go to the corresponding section and edit away.

so how do i edit what gym leader say cos my gym leader still says in the battle end heres the boulde bagde when i want it to be the cacoonbadge

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
i can text edit everything exept for the bit where you defeat him but before you go out of battle (where it says you get your prize money)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
XSE is not working for me i put in the script completely right and it doesnt work!

Well, what exactly did you do? If you did it "completely right", as you said, then it should have worked. :/
Please, explain a bit more.

and has any one got a complete script for give pokedex and get your first badge. And dont tell me to read the tutorial that comes with it cos ive read it twice all the way through.

Okay, then, I'll tell you to read someone's tutorial that they've written here on the forums. Honestly, no one's going to write a script for you, unless they're on your team. Seriously, writing a simple script such as a Gym battle shouldn't be that hard.

EDIT: And is there a tool to edit the title screen in fire red?

No, but there are plenty of tutorials.

And on number 2 i meant before you see oak the bit where theres a pikachu in tp corner
Uh, sorry? I dunno what you mean. :3

he told me to make my own script for the 1st badge how do i do that
Uh, that's what XSE is for. And that's what all of the XSE tutorials are for. Go read up on a couple of those.

iam edieting the titlescreen.But when i import the raw and test it,hers what happen.
http:*//i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp52/trebuh12345/hyu.jpg

(remove the *)

it screwed up,i already pallet edited it.
Maybe the tilemap is too big?

Ah, no, I know what you did. I am assuming you inserted it into the Charizard? The only thing that you actually did was insert the Ho-oh image. You also have to put in the raw. However, unlike what a lot of people think, the next image is the raw. At the Charizard, click on the Next Image (or whatever it's called). It shouldn't look like a Charizard at all. Next, click "Dump Raw". Sorry, but you'll have to re-do the tilemap; just open NTME and do it like you did before (except load whatever you dumped as the raw first as the tilemap). Now, when you're finished with that, re-save the tilemap, and load that raw into where you dumped the first one. That should fix your problem. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2012
hey, i am new here and i do not understand how to search the forums. however... may i noe whaqt should i start reading first before i start romhacking?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Is it possible to, say, make the titlescreen Pokémon's tileset bigger and it still work if I repointed it?
And yes, I do know that the RAW would have to be edited.

Well, I believe so. I inserted a whole background in the place of the Pokémon, so it should work.

hey, i am new here and i do not understand how to search the forums. however... may i noe whaqt should i start reading first before i start romhacking?

If you don't mind, I'd like to link you to this post that I made.
It should have enough detail.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I'm having trouble with XSE...
I opened up my rom and loaded a script. I made the changes I wanted. I tried to save but it asked me to save not onto the rom but as an .rbc file. I don't want that!! How can I open up a script on a rom and save it back on directly?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm having trouble with XSE...
I opened up my rom and loaded a script. I made the changes I wanted. I tried to save but it asked me to save not onto the rom but as an .rbc file. I don't want that!! How can I open up a script on a rom and save it back on directly?

Yeah. Well, you see, you can't just simply save it back to the ROM. You have to compile it into the ROM to get it to work. Saving it as an RBC file basically just saves the script you wrote to your computer. To put it in, you'll have to use the Batch Compiler on the Tools menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back