• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Manhattan

His Plane Was Built To Crash
Years
Yeah, that's true too.

I tend to just cut out the comments though. I'm not sure if that has an affect on the events or not, but I haven't noticed any problems.

EDIT: Does anyone know the part of the script to change in order to allow each opponent in a double battle 6 Pokemon? Right now, I set up 2v2 trainer battles, but the player and partner can have 12 total while the opponents can only have 6. I've been looking through the PokeBattle_Battle script, but to no avail, and I'm a little afraid to mess around too much.

Last edited:

Dr. Manhattan

Years
You may want to try connecting them with the Visual Editor to see if that helps, though I tend to have a hard time with connections myself and they never seem to come out just how I want them to, so there's not much I can do otherwise.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
OMG!! I'm finally back!! sup guys, i was having some trouble... every time i visited the forum id get an error and it would crash! just thought id say hi...

P.S. my game isn't called POKèMON TURQUOISE any more... its POKèMON: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS
TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
Heya guys, long time no visit. I've been wondering for some time how it would be possible to only show reflections on specific parts of a tile. I know poccil fixed the reflections so that they don't overlap onto the tile below if they are larger than the tile but what about them showing on the corners of the tile (ie the mud/rock on the edge of the water.

I came up with an idea, but I'm no scripter. Would it be possible (and system resource friendly) to create something akin to an alpha mask for the tiesets that would have reflections showing on them? If you've used other engines (I'm thinking specifically of source but there are others) then you may know that different masks can apply shininess, bumps or transparency to a surface dependant on their colour value. What if a mask was created where, for instance, black pixels meant no reflection and white meant full, with any other value being taken as black. This would mean there would be no reflection except for in the water.

As I said, I don't know how feasible this is but is it an idea worth considering? I leave it to those more experienced than myself.

@>Hall of Famer

poccil is concentrating on bringing the mechanics of the Pokemon games to us, which is no mean feat. Imagine yourself doing that... weaker people would probably be robbed of the magic of Pokémon, having to know how every little detail works. If he were to add all of the battle animations (which if he were to do properly he would have to add all of the D/P moves, look at all the animations in some form and then convert them from the pokemons 30 (???) FPS to RMXPs 20. There was a project to create the battle animations within the community but I haven't seen it's progress. If it were to be done it would require participation and organisation from a large group of people, as well as the acquisition of sprites that just aren't out there at the moment. This stuff doesn't realise itself, so be glad we have what we have. I'm sorry if that sounded like a rant but I think we should be immensely grateful for what has been created so far.

@>InMooseWeTrust

I haven't tried the Area thing in the dex myself yet, but you may want to check out the townmapgen.html file in the root folder and the townmap.txt in the pbs folder. These will hold the information to give the areas names on the custom maps, though whether that will relate to or solve your problem I'm not sure.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
No, that really doesn't help at all. I think adding that feature in would take a really complicated script that somebody's a n00b in game development (like myself) would never be able to do.

Also, how do you program particular maps within the game so if your character is in a region (like Orange Islands), the Orange Islands map shows instead of the default Kanto map?

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
No, that really doesn't help at all. I think adding that feature in would take a really complicated script that somebody's a n00b in game development (like myself) would never be able to do.

Also, how do you program particular maps within the game so if your character is in a region (like Orange Islands), the Orange Islands map shows instead of the default Kanto map?

please read the notes.html. i do believe that it was answered in there. if not, it's been answered at least twice within the last five pages of the thread.

the town maps actomatically change as long as the map you're on is coorndinated to that certain town map through the visual editor in the debug menu or the seperate editor app.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I have a very silly cosmetic questions. How can I change the way gender is displayed? I want it to be a sprite rather than a font. Thanks to whoever knows.

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble with custom items. For some reason, it will accept one name and not another. For example, the item was originally titled "EARING," and I later wanted to correct the spelling by adding an extra 'r,' but it will not accept "EARRING." I reverted it and it will still accept "EARING" so I'm really confused. Then, I tried to change the name to "LOCKET" and I've tried all kinds of numbers. I think I have everything right, so I'm totally confused.

Here's the error:
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant PBItems::LOCKET
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `eval'
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Sorry if that was stupid. I have no clue. XD

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
@>Hall of Famer

poccil is concentrating on bringing the mechanics of the Pokemon games to us, which is no mean feat. Imagine yourself doing that... weaker people would probably be robbed of the magic of Pokémon, having to know how every little detail works. If he were to add all of the battle animations (which if he were to do properly he would have to add all of the D/P moves, look at all the animations in some form and then convert them from the pokemons 30 (???) FPS to RMXPs 20. There was a project to create the battle animations within the community but I haven't seen it's progress. If it were to be done it would require participation and organisation from a large group of people, as well as the acquisition of sprites that just aren't out there at the moment. This stuff doesn't realise itself, so be glad we have what we have. I'm sorry if that sounded like a rant but I think we should be immensely grateful for what has been created so far.

1. I know Poccil is doing a lot of work on this starterkit and I appreciate his work, but the animation is not like some scripts we can do by learning RGSS. Therefore, it's fairly important to include this feature in the starterkit since it's far more difficult to become an artist than a scripter.

2. I'd say it would be great if Poccil intends to add D/P moves, but it's not a must thing for most of us and the moves animation can still be made w/o Pokemon D/P moves. Btw, like I said before, it's much easier for we game makers to add D/P moves by ourselves than making animation.

3. I understand how hard it is to carry out a project like this and I'm simply giving an advice or feedback as a pokemon essentials user. I don't quite mind if my suggestion fails to work so it's not necessary for you to write this many words trying to educate me, right?

Last edited:

Dr. Manhattan

Years
Does anyone know an answer for this one..?!
I hope anyone does..!:)
Tanks in advance

PoKéMaKeR

Take a look at the PokeBattle_Battle script in the script editor. It contains all the functions for the Balls. I haven't got the game on this computer, but from what I saw, it shouldn't be too complicated to impliment if you know what function correspondes to the stat.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
How do I add more Region Maps? I need to be able to Expand my Region Maps. I got it to Expand but I am unable to SAVE the locations and ultimately, unable to use the "Fly" HM. When ever I choose "FLY" it crashes and gives me this error:

Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1614:in `command_355'
Interpreter:466:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
Scene_Map:109:in `update'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'
Exception: ArgumentError
PokemonRegionMap:271:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonRegionMap:271:in `pbStartFlyScreen'
PokemonScreen:1260:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:1230:in `each'
PokemonScreen:1230:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:1182:in `loop'
PokemonScreen:1416:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonMenu:150:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:149:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:149:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

I am working on a game called "Pokemon Adventure" I have Over 2 Regions so you can see why I need to be able to expand them.
Current Region include: KANTO, JOHTO, HOENN, (Possibly SINNOH),OREE,VAGIN(My Own Reigion),SEVII ISLANDS(Both A,B,and,C),ORANGE ISLANDS,HARDROCK ISLAND(Another Original One), and ISLAND CHART(For the Odds and Ends Islands that I make) Even if I forget about adding the ISLAND CHART one we are still looking at, 8 Maps.

*I also need to know how to make those "Over Under" Bridges. In Sinnoh, there is one Route where there are 3 Levels of Over Under Bridges. This will be a pain to do. The route I am talking about is the one with the dense fog where you have to use "Fog Clear" to get rid of.
*I am going to do SINNOH last for that reason.

check notes.html under message system.

now i was reading the notes on the map it says the map is mad in a 16 by 16 space. what in the world does that mean. (not a graphics guy) could soome one show me what it means or explain it to me?

It must be reffering to the ammount of PIXLES per Tile.
I.E. 1 Tile(Or Space/Square/etc.) 16 Pixles. So have a YELLOW,DARK BLUE,TOWN,CITY,CAVE,AREA, graphics set to 16 Pixles.

I didn't know that!
You Problem gave me an answer to one of MY Problems! LOL!

Last edited:

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Hey, I have a problem, I am making maps on the starter kit, and one of the maps I created has the Rain effect active without my making it happen like though an event, how do I get rid of this effect, at least on this map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back