• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I've tried scratching. Difficult. Very. I'm too embarrassed to put up my scratch sprite. . =_=​

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
I honestly find Recolors and fusions pointless...
You can't really judge them seeing they didn't really do anything.
But at least this thread will sort some problems out.

*cough cough* Ever watched Diggeh's sprites? those were always alot of scratchwork and less copy + paste work..

It depends on how many you copy + paste and scratch.

Ah well this thread a good idea. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I've tried scratching. Difficult. Very. I'm too embarrassed to put up my scratch sprite. . =_=​
Post them! Most everyone starts out having a tough time, but if you don't give it a shot and let others help you, then you'll never get better.

Finnel

Years
Hmm... I do recolours and minor edits of Pokémon from time to time, when I feel like it. I wasn't planning on posting any, but I guess this thread gives me an excuse to...
Spoiler:

'_'

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
had to move these to here hope u lk

to answer someones question from my original post

the wings are uneven because one is fearows and the other is swellows
i used swellows on the right and fearows on the left cuz it fitted the shape better :)

Years
An Alternative to the Sprite Recolours and Fusions Thread

I understand that you are trying to reduce clutter in the forum by creating a thread for recolors and fusions in the pixel art section, but I do not believe that a single thread is the best way to do this; I believe a sub-board would work better. First of all, many people do not look at the stickied threads when they first visit a particular board. Thus, you will still get the frequent recolor and fusion threads that you seek to avoid. However, you don't see rom hacks in the pixel art section. This is because people know to at least read the title of the board in which they are posting. Therefore, if you instead created a separate board for recolors and fusions, the number of threads relating to it in the pixel art section would be reduced much more effectively. In addition, I'm sure that you understand that, if a particular thread has a large number of pages, as the recolor and fusion thread will have, few people actually read through the entire thread. This means that the works of those who post their sprite on this thread will only be seen and critiqued by the few people who bother to read the entire thread, as well as give feedback on every person's sprites - virtually no one. If a sub-board is created instead, each user will still be allowed to have their own thread. And so, any user wishing to see or provide feedback on someone else's sprites will be able to do so without going through extensive effort, which would allow more people to do so. Consequently, the users posting their sprites would improve at a faster rate, allowing them to go from simple things, like recolors and fusions, to more difficult things, like scratching and fakemon. Overall, it is detrimental to the pixel art section of the forum to restrict the posting of individual recolor and fusion threads, and a sub-board would serve your intended purpose more effectively. Thank you for your time, and I hope to see action taken on this issue, or, at the very least, a reply to this post.

Years
I understand that you are trying to reduce clutter in the forum by creating a thread for recolors and fusions in the pixel art section, but I do not believe that a single thread is the best way to do this; I believe a sub-board would work better. First of all, many people do not look at the stickied threads when they first visit a particular board. Thus, you will still get the frequent recolor and fusion threads that you seek to avoid.
Everyone who comes here is required to read the rules, so that really doesn't matter. If they can't be bothered to read the rules, then they shouldn't post. And if they do post anyway, their thread will be closed.

However, you don't see rom hacks in the pixel art section. This is because people know to at least read the title of the board in which they are posting. Therefore, if you instead created a separate board for recolors and fusions, the number of threads relating to it in the pixel art section would be reduced much more effectively. In addition, I'm sure that you understand that, if a particular thread has a large number of pages, as the recolor and fusion thread will have, few people actually read through the entire thread. This means that the works of those who post their sprite on this thread will only be seen and critiqued by the few people who bother to read the entire thread, as well as give feedback on every person's sprites - virtually no one.
... I think that's the whole point. If they want to be a well-known spriter, and have their work praised, they have to work for it. They can't stick with fusions and recolors. They have to try something harder. They have to learn to do more.

Anywhoo, I think this thread was a great idea.

Just dropped by to throw these in here:
politjs8.gif
fatpikachufz9.gif
croagzeeml9.png
xaltariact0.gif
2eoxhqw.png

..mostly for future reference, since I have a habit of losing my sprites and stuff if I don't post them somewhere.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I will repost new pokemon fusion i just made..
they are just basic fusion...
so rate them and tell me your opinions and tell me how i can improved{Ignore The Poll}
2vv7ul5.gif
Raichu+zubat+Suicune+Electivire{Raichune}
6pm4ht.png
Voltorb+Pinsir{Pintorb}

9hro28.png
Weville+Darkrai{Weakrai}

27y0npf.png
Bayleef+Lapras+Dragonite+Typhlosion+Herracross{Baypras}
23vyw6w.png
Bayleef+Gyarados+Typhlosion+herracross{Gayldreef}
i noe i have posted this before but i want more people to rate them..lol
anyway im a biginner in spriting..so go easy on commenting

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
allowing them to go from simple things, like recolors and fusions, to more difficult things, like scratching and fakemon. .
I'm not quoting most of what you said because I feel it's the same really dragged out point. I did quote this however because it is a tried and failed method. 7/10 Pixel artists here who keep getting praised for simple recolours and fusions never, ever move away from them, it's a fact.

They don't warrant their own sub forum either, this thread is sufficient enough.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I'm not 100% sure on Amachi's stance over this, but if you have a showcase that's hugely varied (good deal of scratches, maybe a few revamps, some heavy edits) then i don't mind if you have a few fusions there for show, but i am talking like the odd one or two which you think really make the mark, and like I said, only in a showcase with an existing variety of work in it.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
2vv7ul5.gif
The crystal looks flat on it's head.. if you did some shading there..
6pm4ht.png
Is this a fuse of devamps cause the shading quality is so bad. Further more i can see there was default white in it. (you probably moved it on the blue zone) You should've made the default white a bit darker white (but still looking white)
9hro28.png

It seems the bottom has default black spaces. I don't know it belongs to the shading or the outlines. As shading you shouldn't use default black. If it's outline then it's to bold. If i look at the sprite's middle i see various red dots making it unnatural straight.
27y0npf.png

Same critic as with the bottom is the sprite before for the horn. This guy has some weird black dots on it's body. The fins have default black outline. And the fin in the front is all closed with outline. The flame in it's neck looks flat and the tail too. The tail looks like it belong to a sprite hidden behind your sprite
23vyw6w.png

Same critic as with the bottom is the sprite before for the horn. Also the flame again. The fin of it is cut off the scene same with the belly. The head doesn't fit the color of the whole body and has some weird lighting.

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Okay so lemme get this straight, so I can't post any fusions or recolors even if it's hard (More than three pokemons) and I have scratched sprite in my thread? I still kinda not understand

blaster911

reincarnation of matt
Years
Okay so lemme get this straight, so I can't post any fusions or recolors even if it's hard (More than three pokemons) and I have scratched sprite in my thread? I still kinda not understand

they are trying to keep it all in here but if you make a thread with everything you can probably keep your recolours and fussions there but even hard fussions are considered fusions try using scratch parts on pokemon that might pass

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
Here's a sprite that took me forever and a day to complete. It is supposed to be Deku Link, here is the picture I sorts based it on: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Croix28/DekuLink.jpg
Pokemon used:
Machop's body and hands
Alakazam's head, arms, and color
Tropius's Bananas(hair) and chest(skirt)
Victreebel's leaf(hat)
Mr. Mimes legs

Ok, so I couldn't get the hat to be extremely long, but other than that I think it's pretty good.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Conway With the recolors there is no need for reshading. Just pick a palette and match the shades. They aren't bad but mews tail needs some work.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
recolors in my opinion are pointless unless they are revamps or devamps. However I love fusions b/c if 2 people fuse the same 2 pkmn theres still no telling wht youll get. And some of them look really great. I like a lot of the work in here. I may post some later. Atm Im working on loads of sprites so I can open my own sprite thread. Atm my current project is completing my Wes overworlds that I started long ago. (Working on the fishing and biking sprites atm......Biking sprite is annoying cause Its 100% custom). But after thats done Ima post all my fusions/Customs/Tilesets/Fakemon/ETC...

I will repost new pokemon fusion i just made..
they are just basic fusion...
so rate them and tell me your opinions and tell me how i can improved{Ignore The Poll}
2vv7ul5.gif
Raichu+zubat+Suicune+Electivire{Raichune}
6pm4ht.png
Voltorb+Pinsir{Pintorb}

9hro28.png
Weville+Darkrai{Weakrai}

27y0npf.png
Bayleef+Lapras+Dragonite+Typhlosion+Herracross{Baypras}
23vyw6w.png
Bayleef+Gyarados+Typhlosion+herracross{Gayldreef}
i noe i have posted this before but i want more people to rate them..lol
anyway im a biginner in spriting..so go easy on commenting

You said go easy so I will try, No promises though. Ill let you know you have potential to be a great spriter one day. However IMO meaning it may just be my tastes and preferances as everyone is a little different, I think its mainly in your colors/shading/smoothing. By smothing I mean taking the sharper edges of the sprite maybe adding a pixel or removing one. By shading I mean you need at least a pallete of 4+ colors. Its wise to get your colors beforehand. Choose colors that go well together start with the lightest and gradually get darker. I personally use approxamately 10 colors 5 variations of one color and 5 of another (Like I said Palletes are very helpful). As for colors choose something that looks good together. If you think the colors are off change them. Get a colorwheel pic, save it on your compy and refer to it when in doubt. Also learn loads of MS tricks as they often help speed up the sprite making process. Also GIMP is a free image editing program, Downloadable of the internet. I use it to make GIF animated images and to make my backgrounds transparent. Transparent backgrounds make things look a little better when posting them online. Also ALWAYS and I repeat ALWAYS save as .png format. This prevents color loss and various other complications. Basically makes the sprite nice and viewable. Overall your sprites are ok. They need a little work but you will get there I assure you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back