• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Garchomp C Level X

Dialga G Level X includes Japanese writing on image

Luxaray GL Level X includes Japanese writing on image

Charizard (2009)

All are practically mint condition and Holo, all Level X's are from 2010 world championship collection.

Seeing as those Level X cards are from the World Championship collection, I'd price those at about $0.50 apiece. The World Championship sets aren't sought after by competitive players and aren't very sought after by collectors.

As for the Charizard, I need more details. There were multiple Charizard cards released in English in 2009.

A first edition Machamp from the base set. Here is the catch, it isn't foil.

Sounds like a fake from what you've described. There is no such error in existence to my knowledge. Pictures, please?

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
img005_zps2ce27329.jpg

img006_zpsa1ff1e21.jpg

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
I compared it to a few cards and the only noticeable difference is that the colors of this Machamp are bolder than other cards. That being said, I know that there is variance in the amount of ink that ends up on cards so I'm not sure if I can consider Machamp to be a fake just based on the fact that it has a stronger inking.

Not having a foil would mean that the card doesn't have an entire layer, correct?

Years
The way it looks, it looks like it's a scan of one of the legitimate copies of the card. I say this because I can see traces of holofoil stars in the picture as if it were scanned with a high-quality scanner before being printed.

But, yeah, it would be missing a layer if it didn't have the holofoil in it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
The way it looks, it looks like it's a scan of one of the legitimate copies of the card. I say this because I can see traces of holofoil stars in the picture as if it were scanned with a high-quality scanner before being printed.

But, yeah, it would be missing a layer if it didn't have the holofoil in it.

This makes me feel that the card is fake. It makes more sense that this card was scanned then the original art of cards containing stars that outline the overlaid foil.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
I have a 1st Edition, Japanese Umbreon from the Skyridge series, Split Earth sub-series. I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it. Ive found only the English version and not the Japanese at all. I wanted to know if anyone know what it was worth
Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Hi! I'm a newbie here and I like the site so far. Recently I was organizing some of my cards when I stumbled across a Camerupt from EX Deoxys that was supposed to be holographic but wasn't. Here's the card:

Camerupt 4/107 EX Deoxys, Black Star, non-holographic, mint condition.

After I opened the booster pack I slipped it right into a sleeve and it's been there ever since. I spent some time Googling to see if it was a common occurrence but I can't find an answer anywhere. If someone could fill me in I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

I have hosted the image but it won't let me post links, so PM me if you would like to see a pic. Thanks again!

Edit:
I also found a Dugtrio that's the same way form a different set:

Dugtrio 5/100 EX Crystal Guardians, Black Star, non-holographic, ok condition.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
So, I got a Starter pack for my birthday, and I got some pretty rare cards. I got 7 total, so I will post the 3 rarest after I get prices for these.

#1: Vanilluxe
Spoiler:

#2: Weavile
Spoiler:

#3: Zebstrika
Spoiler:

#4: Mamoswine
Spoiler:

That's all for now. Please evaluate my cards so I can post the other three. Thanks!

Years
so i just recently got back into pokemon cards,i bought some packs and i found a lot of well rare cards i guess, there is

ancient mew
mewto promo from 1997-200 i think, how do i post pictures?
moltres ex
cobalion ex
full art thundurus
kyurem holo rare
like 3 quaters of the old pokedex cards
cloyster that has a gold outer layer
farfetch'd gold outer layer
promo dragonite from pokemon first movie
half of a ho-oh legend
and its rather a misprint or fake but a latios but it says ' lation'

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018

Could anybody tell me why this Japanese Pikachu card has a golden lightning bolt symbol on it/how much is it worth? Thanks.

Just throwing this out there, but that looks like Chinese, not Japanese. And im pretty sure Chinese cards have the american back on them. Same with Korean.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I bought a bundle of cards off of eBay many years ago, and I found this peculiar thing. I didn't know that it was included in the bundle... Does anyone know how much it's worth?

Spoiler:

It's number 6 of some set, but I don't know which. It's in a strong plastic case, so it must be somewhat valuable.

How much could my Gengar lvl.X be worth?

I'd say: around $6, if it's in great condition. You could sell it for $11 if you're lucky.

I have a 1st Edition, Japanese Umbreon from the Skyridge series, Split Earth sub-series. I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it. I've found only the English version and not the Japanese at all. I wanted to know if anyone know what it was worth
Thank you!

I'd say: if it's holo, no more than $14. If it's not holo, no more than $10. I've saw some holos go for $30, but that's a little ridiculous. This is assuming it's in great condition.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional, so my pricing may be wrong.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2013
Togepi ......... pojo.com/priceguide/corocorotogepi.jpg (copy & paste the link into the searchbar)

Pocket Masters 1996

Language: Japanese

Condition: Near Mint/Mint

Level 8
HP30

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
So, I got a Starter pack for my birthday, and I got some pretty rare cards. I got 7 total, so I will post the 3 rarest after I get prices for these.

#1: Vanilluxe
Spoiler:

#2: Weavile
Spoiler:

#3: Zebstrika
Spoiler:

#4: Mamoswine
Spoiler:

That's all for now. Please evaluate my cards so I can post the other three. Thanks!

Ok, I'm just wondering.... Why haven't my cards been priced yet??? Everyone else's seem to have been priced in 2 days or less, but it's been about 5 days for me. Please, price these so I can post the other three! JSYK, the rarest one is AWESOME!

Years
Ok, I'm just wondering.... Why haven't my cards been priced yet??? Everyone else's seem to have been priced in 2 days or less, but it's been about 5 days for me. Please, price these so I can post the other three! JSYK, the rarest one is AWESOME!

I have been very busy this week offline and not had time to price, and I do not control which cards others choose to price. I also find pricing to be tedious and boring of late, personally, especially when it's not a super rare card (which often get me curious because, well, they're usually obscure cards that are hard to find!). The process is as simple as going to eBay, searching for a card, and then changing the search options to only show the completed listings and then either a) looking for a trend in the prices of the listings that actually sold (these are the green prices in the list of completed listings) or b) adding up the price of each listing that sold and dividing it by the total number of listings that sold - but either one is a pretty tedious process. I could take a stab in the dark and be pretty spot on given that those 4 in particular don't see much competitive play use, though: between $1 to $3 apiece. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to give the methodology I posted a try, since that's what I normally use when I myself am not sure on a price. Checking the prices on Weavile show it's at the bottom end of the range I've estimated, so I'd think its safe to say that the other 3, which are of the same rarity and not used in any competitive decks to my knowledge, are within that same range that most non-holo rares fall into.

tl;dr verion: I've been busy with work and family things and not had the mental energy to price cards because of that, and cannot control what cards others choose to price. $1 to $3 is the most likely range your cards' prices fall into, based on what I've previously known similar cards to be valued.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I have been very busy this week offline and not had time to price, and I do not control which cards others choose to price. I also find pricing to be tedious and boring of late, personally, especially when it's not a super rare card (which often get me curious because, well, they're usually obscure cards that are hard to find!). The process is as simple as going to eBay, searching for a card, and then changing the search options to only show the completed listings and then either a) looking for a trend in the prices of the listings that actually sold (these are the green prices in the list of completed listings) or b) adding up the price of each listing that sold and dividing it by the total number of listings that sold - but either one is a pretty tedious process. I could take a stab in the dark and be pretty spot on given that those 4 in particular don't see much competitive play use, though: between $1 to $3 apiece. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to give the methodology I posted a try, since that's what I normally use when I myself am not sure on a price. Checking the prices on Weavile show it's at the bottom end of the range I've estimated, so I'd think its safe to say that the other 3, which are of the same rarity and not used in any competitive decks to my knowledge, are within that same range that most non-holo rares fall into.

tl;dr verion: I've been busy with work and family things and not had the mental energy to price cards because of that, and cannot control what cards others choose to price. $1 to $3 is the most likely range your cards' prices fall into, based on what I've previously known similar cards to be valued.

Alright, thanks. Now, are you ready for the real rare cards?

To be honest, this first one really isn't as rare as the other two.

#5: Flygon
Spoiler:

#6: White Kyurem (No, sadly not EX.)
Spoiler:

#7: Cobalion-EX
Spoiler:

There's the last three. Thank you!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Flygon 99/149 (Holo Rare)
Black & White 7: Boundaries Crossed

A small $2, but you can give it to me for free if you want to ;)

White Kyurem 102/149 BW59 Promo (Rare)
Black & White 7: Boundaries Crossed

I'm not sure which one you want the price of, but:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cobalion-EX 93/135 (EX Rare)
Black & White 8: Plasma Storm

$12-$14 Slap an EX symbol on a card and watch its value skyrocket

--------------------------
All of these are English prices, Japanese versions can be bumped up $1-$2.​

Status
Not open for further replies.