• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Follow The Leader!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm sure this thread has appeared a few times in the past. But, did you like the follow me feature introduced in HGSS?

I loved it, and was quite surprised that any Pokemon can walk with you. I originally thought only starters would be able to. It was a nice treat.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I liked it, I always chose my second best Pokemon to follow me around lol. Idk ehy

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
It might not be something big, but it was definitely fun to see your Pokemon walk around with you. I really loved it! I hope they'll implement it on later games! :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It wasn't a big feature in itself, but it made a big difference to the general game play of the games! I loved the Follow Me feature. It was great being able to connect more with your pokemon, check how they're feeling, see if they've found any useful or rare items etc. A brilliant little feature that I was really shocked didn't reappear in BW/B2W2.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It was a rather pointless gimmick that served no real purpose in the games as well as the game mechanics, unlike other features GF has added. Heck, even the Muscial is a better feature than Pokemon following you. It could serve as a way to obtain rare items from the ground for free, but we already have Pick Up for that gimmick. To make matters worse, despite its uselessness, people are complaining about this feature taken away in Gen V, which drives me crazy.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I loved the follow me feature <333. It was amazing having your Pokemon walking besides you, it built a special bond rather than it only coming out in battles. I loved seeing them being cheerful and jolly, watching them, exploring with them, ah what an amazing feature :3!

It might not of been too useful or serve any purpose, but really it was a great feature and I'd love to see it return someday.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
This feature is one of my favorite feature in HGSS! And a nice plus is that Shiny Pokemon retains its color rather than making it non-shiny outside! I wish this feature will return again.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
This feature is really one of my favorites in HG/SS. Even if it may be pointless, having the Pokemon walk around with me was very fun, and it was always nice when the Pokemon have an accessory, or they show affection towards you, etc. To me, it felt like we had a greater bond, even though it may just be pixels on a screen. I thought of my pokemon in HG and SS as more of my buddies than in previous games, as I could see its reactions during various times. Overall, great feature, and I wish it came back in Gen V.

Years
I really enjoyed the Follow Me feature, even though I wish it weren't restricted to the first Pokemon in your party. It gave us the opportunity to try ridiculous things like having a Diglett, Magikarp or Wailord follow you around wherever, or to just talk to your Pokemon and get little gifts from them (Gengar gave you a Yellow Flower!).

I was a little disappointed that this option didn't return for any of the 5th gen games (although I understand it would take a lot of time to make 1300+ Pokemon sprites), but I hope that we can see it again at some point.

Years
I loved the Follow Me feature especially since I wanted to have my own Ash moment and have my fave Pokemon walk with me outside of its Poke Ball.

Also, I love how you feel their emotions when you interact with them. And even better, they didn't even restrict it to certain Pokemon, they allowed all 493 Pokemon (as of Gen IV) to walk with you, and they also retain Shiny colors on their overworld sprite too.

I was sad that Gen V didn't include it in neither B/W or B2/W2 but I do hope it returns in a future generation.

blue

gucci
Years
This was one of the best features introduced in any Pokemon game IMO.

I really wish they kept it in future games, imagine walking around Unova with Reshiram following you!

Years
I loved it! Having your Pokemon follow around after you was such an adorable idea that I wish they kept around. Just wish it was a bit more interactive.

Years
I personally loved that feature of HG/SS. I reminded me of the more limited "Follow Me" of Pokemon Yellow, a feature that made me want to play the game further even after I completed it, just to see what they would say next. I hope that they implement it in X/Y, otherwise I will be highly disappoint.

Back