• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Every Nintendo Switch has a working copy of NES Golf on it

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
So someone accidentally activated a hidden copy of NES Golf on their Switch (I think knowledge of this has been around since July?), and this weekend a whole bunch of people have been trying to replicate it - a while back, dataminers already found a file within the Switch called "flog", which was supposedly a hidden NES emulator, but recently it's also discovered that it came bundled with Golf too ("flog" backwards), and people have been trying to make sense of this.

It turns out it activates on some very particular conditions - this is said to be a tribute to the late Saturo Iwata, and the way to do it is by using the motion controls to imitate Iwata's famous "Direct to you" gesture, but this only works if the console date is set to July 11th (the date of his death), and I've also heard that it can't be done if you have had system updates installed before.

I haven't messed around with the internal date of my Switch yet, but I definitely want to give this a try later (if the latter part about system updates isn't true, at least)! What do you guys think of this tribute to the late Nintendo president? For those of you with access to a Switch, have you given this a try yet?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I saw this, and I really hope the system updates thing isn't true either (I mean, why would they remove something like this unless it's to make sure you can only do it in july?) I think it's really cool that Nintendo goes into such detail even just making their consoles.

Back