• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Well, like the other two, they are okay...They're pretty good sprites, but, I don't know... They are okay I guess, just not as good as the already going to be used Pokemon. That's the best I can put it.
So basically its good, but not real good, correct? Any critique on improvements would be appreciated.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
these look good for your first sprites :D if i may, though, humon's lines look a little undefined, might want to sharpen it with some black/darker edges. i think raptwig is the better one, it just looks a little too bright. might want to darken the pallete just a bit. of course thats just my opinion, they still look great :)

They look okay... humon looks strange. But the raptwig looks good. It's a little too bright though. And I see that Mac made the black outline for Mimitty... interesting. it looks awesome!
Alright, it seems like Raptwig needs darkening, and Humon needs re-outlining, we'll look into it and get that sorted ^^

Forget what i said i was reading your other post wrong lol
I LOVE the fakemon!! Dont stop adding them!!
Are you adding those fakemon raptwig and humon or just asking us to critique them?
I will be putting up a lot of sprites for critique, and yes, these will be inserted once I can get something that looks good. Thats why I put them up, so we can get them as good as possible ^^

A hack with Fakemon, it's been a while since one of those. It's difficult to get me to like'em, but so far it seems to be going in the right track. Most of the first ones shown are nice. Those last two, however, dont look as good as I could expect. Maybe it's because I dont find them too "pokemonish", unlike the other ones.
Yeah, when people first look at the thread, without seeing the Fakemon, they tend to be put off by the thought of Fakemon, but they usually change their minds when they see them ^^ These ones are going to be improved on, don't worry about that. Just keep watching for new sprites and update :D

wip.png

Just a small Pokemon I whipped up. May be in the game, but I am uncertain at the moment. Please critique at will (BTW, his name is Rhinox, and he is Fire/Steel)
He looks like he could be a pre evo of one of my other Fakemon..... I like him ^^

Hey,Mac,have you the latest ips?I'm itching to work for you.
Its coming, its coming, as is the Alpha, and Christmas, and, well, the rest of the year ^^ But don't stress it, its almost hear

Well, like the other two, they are okay...They're pretty good sprites, but, I don't know... They are okay I guess, just not as good as the already going to be used Pokemon. That's the best I can put it.
Like I said above, it will be editied to be perfect. Anything less than perfect, or pretty close, isn't good enough ^^ I don't want it to be another bad Fakemon hack ^^
=========================================================
So, I just want to ask a question now, no sprites to rate or anything, I just want to know how this hack is looking, is it going in the right direction for everyone? Is it looking like its going to be one of those bad never-get-off-the-ground Fakemon hacks? Oh, and if anyone can do trainers and overworlds well, we want you! ^^ Trainer spriters and overworld artists are in high demand at the moment :D

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
The game looks very good. I think it's going to be an awesome game! But man, there's going to be a lot of Pokemon. I can't believe we've GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! But it'll be fun, and I think it will get off the ground. Just as long as everything stays together, I'm sure it will be a quality game for everyone who can play it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Honestly, I really like all of the fakemon you added except the last two. They really don't have the "Pokemon" look like all the other ones you added. If you keep adding pokemon like the other ones you have already it'll be very good.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Raptwig's outlines look a bit too contrasting with the rest of its pallet. I like both of them, though.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
He looks like he could be a pre evo of one of my other Fakemon..... I like him ^^
Actually he was scratched, no base supplied. 100% Scratch, all the way down to the palette. I'll be making his evolution as well (A chain of 3) so keep on the look out for them. Heres an update with a shiny version of him as well:
wip-1.png

He now has a shiny gold helmet!

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Actually he was scratched, no base supplied. 100% Scratch, all the way down to the palette. I'll be making his evolution as well (A chain of 3) so keep on the look out for them. Heres an update with a shiny version of him as well:

He now has a shiny gold helmet!

It looks good. But there's a few things about it. Maybe you could try giving it more lighting and shading. And if you've got the time, you could give him another stance. But all in all, it's pretty good.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2022
keep up the good work if you put in as much effort into the story as you did int othe fakemon this is going to be a very good hack
so far it looks awsome keep up the good work

Southparkerstan

Beggining ROM hacker- mapper
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 29, 2014
I cant wait to play! I've seen a couple fakemon hacks, but most new poke's have missing things, like icon sprites or pokedex entries. So, if you're gonna make a fakemon hack, you'll have to put in a lot of effort, but it'll be worth it.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
I cant wait to play! I've seen a couple fakemon hacks, but most new poke's have missing things, like icon sprites or pokedex entries. So, if you're gonna make a fakemon hack, you'll have to put in a lot of effort, but it'll be worth it.

Yeah, I would like to see some Pokedex entries. That would make the game seem that much more like a real Pokemon game. That would be cool to have those!

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I may be overstepping my boundries a bit, but I think that Raptwig probably needs to be shrunk because its features look like it is a tier 1 pokemon. Humon has extreme potential as well, but I have to say that it looks a little too lifeless for a Satoshi Tajiri creation, even if it is fake. Sorry to be so blunt Mac. D:

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Im all like, yeah, this is a great hack. Then all I see is this:
hvc9w6.jpg

Then Im instantly put off, sorry, but yuk.
Keep the one's you had before.

Other than that, I like this, I like that you've grasped scripting fast in the right way.
Wishing you luck!

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Wow, I leave PC for a few days and get all these posts ^^ Well, there is to many to reply to individually, so I'll just do a bulk reply. Those two latest fakies will be fixed, Raptwig may/may not be used, I'm fairly sure Humon will be, but only once he is perfect.
Im all like, yeah, this is a great hack. Then all I see is this:
hvc9w6.jpg

Then Im instantly put off, sorry, but yuk.
Keep the one's you had before.

Other than that, I like this, I like that you've grasped scripting fast in the right way.
Wishing you luck!
I can't believe I left that screenshot up :\ Those were originally gonna be tiles and palettes we would use, but we ditched those weeks ago. The tiles we are using are the ones in the current screens in the first post, which are much nicer :)
Now, for the Alpha, how long do you think it should be? Right now, or, once we complete the scripts and fix bugs, will include *about* 4 towns, one gym, and a few events. Does everyone think that is long enough?
Oh, and just so you know, Torzach is now eligible for hotw! ^^

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
For an alpha, I'd say yeah. It should be long enough. I figure an alpha is like the
equivalent to a demo, anyway, so it should be okay. At least in my opinion. No one has to agree.
Great hack by the way. Can't wait to try it.

darkraigod

All righty then!
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
Note:

Sounds like a good game but if you feel like it tell us when you launch a sample patch for everyone if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back