• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So I'm in Drakebreath City and I have the final tablet and I know I need to go back to my hometown and visit Jasmine. What I want to know, is what is the quickest way to get there and the quickest way to get back to Drakebreath.
I know you can travel down Route 417 from Drakebreath City. Since you can't Fly, the best option is traveling that back into Serenity City and heading south through Route 412, Mt. Zhery, Groment City, Route 411 (bring Strength), Mt. Shuem (bring a Lava Surf user), Emerny Town, Marfeny Lake (surfing across), Central City, Route 401, Yellow Town, into the lab. Retrace your steps to Serenity City (this is a great time to gain some experience while traveling the mountain areas BTW, or bring some Super Repels or Max Repels) then work your way back around (including Mt. Icestorm and the water Route 416) as Route 417 is one-way from Drakebreath City. You can't Fly until you reach Lauren and acquire the HM there.

Yes, cruel and a lot of traveling. I'm not looking forward to that. It would have been nice if instead of another huge loop that Drakebreath City was somewhere close to Yellow Town accessible via a late-received HM in the game, or one only useable after defeating the last Gym before the Tablet Trek. Perhaps another long Route could have been in between the two. (But seriously, come on - why can't we at least receive Fly by the 8th Gym instead of in the post-game? Why was there no HM-removable blocker on 417 instead to shorten the trek, with HM received in Drakebreathe or sometime after Snowce City? Just these little things could have been improvements...)

And while I'm at it, I'm now looking at the map. Where on Earth is Route 503? I don't even see data for it.

Cyclone

Last edited:

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
I know you can travel down Route 417 from Drakebreath City. Since you can't Fly, the best option is traveling that back into Serenity City and heading south through Route 412, Mt. Zhery, Groment City, Route 411 (bring Strength), Mt. Shuem (bring a Lava Surf user), Emerny Town, Marfeny Lake (surfing across), Central City, Route 401, Yellow Town, into the lab. Retrace your steps to Serenity City (this is a great time to gain some experience while traveling the mountain areas BTW, or bring some Super Repels or Max Repels) then work your way back around (including Mt. Icestorm and the water Route 416) as Route 417 is one-way from Drakebreath City. You can't Fly until you reach Lauren and acquire the HM there.

Yes, cruel and a lot of traveling. I'm not looking forward to that. It would have been nice if instead of another huge loop that Drakebreath City was somewhere close to Yellow Town accessible via a late-received HM in the game, or one only useable after defeating the last Gym before the Tablet Trek. Perhaps another long Route could have been in between the two. (But seriously, come on - why can't we at least receive Fly by the 8th Gym instead of in the post-game? Why was there no HM-removable blocker on 417 instead to shorten the trek, with HM received in Drakebreathe or sometime after Snowce City? Just these little things could have been improvements...)

And while I'm at it, I'm now looking at the map. Where on Earth is Route 503? I don't even see data for it.

Cyclone

Did you already got HM2? If not, you can get it in one 0f the house in Serenity City.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
HM02 is located in Serenity City? I read that it's only available in Lauren. Serenity City is my next destination, so I will likely find it eventually. Which Gym clearing allows its use?

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You have to beat Serenity City's Gym to use it.
Ah. No more fears, then! I will press on and get it, then know I can finally get what I want from whatever shops carry them. :D

Frankly, I'm only one Route away once I re-cross Mt. Zhery. Just have to decide which Pokémon to take with me.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
how do i get in? there is a guy standing in front of the cave
Yeah, that flag bug happens often... move him outta there by using A-Map.

I know you can travel down Route 417 from Drakebreath City. Since you can't Fly,
I wanted to say "Who said you can't use Fly?" and then someone beat me to it... :/
Damn time :/

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Have you picked HM Waterfall from Ash in Drakebreath's Mart?

Noo. I don't think I saw him in the market. I'll look again.

I have a minor (maybe) problem. I failed to beat Zero in the Distortion world and ended up in front of the pokecenter in Drakebreath. The guy that was standing in front of the gym is now gone.

Was I suppose to beat Zero? if so, what happens when you do beat him, and am I okay to continue on or should I reload a save and try again?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
To be safe, I'd load a prior save or save state. I never accept failure and always go back even after a basic loss as I don't want to miss something in any game.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2014
For some reason when i load the game i get white screen. works on my phone version, but wanted to try the pc version. I'm using the vba emulator. i know there arent different versions, just different ways to get them.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
For some reason when i load the game i get white screen. works on my phone version, but wanted to try the pc version. I'm using the vba emulator. i know there arent different versions, just different ways to get them.
Repatch the ROM or try another version of the ROM.

Meanwhile, MAJOR BUG ALERT (Route 412).

e16h.png

I was just mucking around on that right side of the lake when I ended up leaping over a log...and now I am waterlocked. To my good fortune, I am using savestates periodically while playing (writing a walkthrough, it helps with creating strategies), and resetting periodically so as to restore any odd data that might randomly be created, so I am not stuck and can go back to the Mt. Zhery entrance to the Route with no problem; I just want to warn anyone here not to run into the same bug. Consider it known, and I'm taking the liberty of doing something with that log (firewood anyone...actually, I just added a rock and left the right part of the log leapable) for a future build.

(And if you're wondering, yes, the rain was turned off for this image; I was running around creating screens for putting together a better looking version of the map than the editor shows. The rain is already back on in the working copy.)

In any case, the alternative is to end up in water battles (yes, the surfable tiles will activate battles if you were to actually change the flags to walk on them as well - this is a game thing, not a hack thing) until your Pokémon either get knocked out or you get run out of moves. In that case you wind up back at Groment City's Pokémon Center and back to Mt. Zhery you go.

Cyclone

Last edited:

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Glad to see this finished and in English will download and play right now

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
Well I reloaded my save and had to travel back to Yellow town AGAIN and then all the way back and inside the cave and blah blah blah. Long story short: I beat Zero, Captured the legendary pokemon, beat the gym leader, and now I'm going after the ELITE 4 ( :

Wish me luck!

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
still didnt work, i even downloaded another copy of fire red. do the settings have to be set a specific way?

Try these options in the emulator setup:

1. Sound output mode: None (fastest).
2. Sound desired sample rate: Low (fast).

The first option might make it work without the second option though. So try it with just the first option and if it still doesn't work, try it with both options at the same time.
If it doesn't work, I'm no help then lol.

Back