• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

love thy neighbour

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Do you like the people who live around you? Are you close with your neighbours, do you keep a respectable distance or do you find them outright annoying for whatever reason?

TY

I have no problems with my neighbours at all. They're all chill, engage in conversations whenever you encounter them and so on.

pkmin3033

I don't have any contact with my neighbours really, but the people who live next door but one are the bane of my existence. They have a hot tub in their back garden, and frequently stay up late in it, talking in VERY loud voices. They also hold parties. Noisy parties with karaoke that go on until 2am or later. My bedroom window overlooks their back garden so I can hear everything going on out there. I absolutely loathe them.

Years
The guy above us is a rude twink ass bitch who never shuts the fuck up, he's been steadily harassing us since December and he gets his daughter to jump on the floor to annoy us.

Then on our floor one of our direct neighbors seems introverted until he fucking screams at the top of his lungs at his girlfriend at least once a week. Everyone hears it and no one does anything. He's so fucking loud at her and calls her names and slams shit and like we told the landlady and she has done nothing.

And our neighbors across from us are just strange, like they aren't from this planet and I think the younger one has new drama every other day.

There's one other family on this floor who are nice, and that's it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I don't keep close to my neighbors and as a matter of fact, I only met the neighbors who live right next to me and across the street and I never met my other neighbors.

Years
We don't really see much of our neighbours on one side but we're polite with each other and I have no complaints. The neighbours on the other side we get along quite well with, we're not super close or anything but we've exchanged Christmas gifts a couple of times and my sister has adopted their dog.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
i met the neighbors when i moved in. haven't talk to them since.

they're like 40 years older than me tho

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
True story: after my last neighbors moved out, a young couple moved in not long after and I see them leaving the house in Spiderman and Elsa costumes. We don't talk.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
We get along okay with our neighbors. :)

Not really close friends with any of them, but I don't think neighbors of ours ever really hated us or anything.

Years
I don't talk to my neighbours lol so I have zero opinion of them. I wave to them sometimes when I leave for work and they happen to be outside and stuff, but that's the extent of our interactions with each other.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
We have block watch in place here, and everyone makes an effort to get to know one another and look out for each other. My neighbours are mostly a bit (or a lot) older so I'm not friends with them or anything, but we exchange pleasantries when we see one another.

We actually had a potluck style block party today - I didn't attend but my parents did. I attended the last one but it was a lot of older people so it wasn't really that fun for me (lots of good food though!), that's why I skipped out on it this time around.

It's still cool they do stuff like that to make an effort to get to know one another and create a community here. The organizer of the block watch emails us frequently about happenings on the block, if there are break ins or suspicious people we need to look out for, stuff like that.

Back