• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you buy/collect any Pokémon merchandise?

Years
  • Age 30
  • No.
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
Do you buy/collect any Pok?mon merchandise?

By merchandise, I mean figures,, plushies, cards, etc. I?m actually interested in seeing how many of you do, be it solely your favorite Pok?mon or a bunch of Pok?mon. Do you not buy any merchandise? Do you buy occasionally? Or are you are hardcore collector?

Years
Occasionally I'll buy some things. I have a good collection of tazos from the 90s/00s, a few plushes and a large collection of the trading cards.

Years
Even though I stopped actively playing sometime back in middle school, I've still way more Pokemon cards than I know what to do with (easily in the thousands). I'm also slowly starting to collect Pokemon shirts, both official and fan-made. I think I'm up to 7 or 8 right now, which doesn't seem like a lot, but considering I just wear dress shirts for work 5 days a week, I could basically go a whole month wearing Pokemon shirts without wearing the same one twice.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Yes, there is merchandise I started collecting this year and last christmas, and so far I only get new stuff around holidays and birthdays mostly (since we're pretty poor).

And if you need to know, the stuff i'm collecting right now is the manga :) Very small collection right now, I only own 3 books so far. I plan on buying my next book with my own money at the mall probably, so I may get it around november. Or sooner, as I duno when i'll be at the mall overall (movie lineup or otherwise o.o). 3 months is kinda a wait....xD Thankfully, pokemon manga is pretty fun to re-read! My first one, which I got last year (FOR christmas~), I re-read it 8 times now and still haven't tired of it :D Also, I like that manga books cost like 5 dollars now (sometimes cheeper)

I still find it odd I owned like no manga (cept one i gave to this mean girl i knew irl as a teen...) all the 16 years i've been a pokemon fan. But, hey, its never too late to start collecting if you plan on being a pokemon fan for the rest of your life, ammirite? :P

EDIT: I own so far....(bought in the following order :P)
1. Pokemon Adventures Black and White Volume One (read it 8 times!!!!!!),
2. Pokemon Adventures Ruby and Sapphire, i think volume 4? I read it twice so far :P And got it at the beginning of this summer.,
and,
3. Pokemon Adventures Best Of: Yellow (one of my birthday gifts this year and i haven't finished it yet).

Can't wait to see what my 4th book will be, lol :3

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I own absolutely nothing outside of a GBC(Berry) and Yellow cartridge. I will admit I've been considering getting a Vulpix plushie for some time now though(both Kanto and Alolan).

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
Years
I've got some mini-figures from my childhood, my Yellow, Cristal and Blue Version, some mangas (but i never succeed to end a series).

But i go to Japan on October so i will go to a Pokemon Center and take full goodies! The first thing i want absolutely is a real Pokeball, not a coton version ^^.

Years
Even though I stopped actively playing sometime back in middle school, I've still way more Pokemon cards than I know what to do with (easily in the thousands). I'm also slowly starting to collect Pokemon shirts, both official and fan-made. I think I'm up to 7 or 8 right now, which doesn't seem like a lot, but considering I just wear dress shirts for work 5 days a week, I could basically go a whole month wearing Pokemon shirts without wearing the same one twice.

if you sold all of your pokemon cards do you think you'll be rich?

Reli

uwu
Years
I would like to collect plushies, but I don't have much money right now, so I only have one umbreon.

Years
Oh, I haven't posted here already.

Yeah, I do. TCG, plushes, the games (kinda), mini figs and other figs, and random other items.

My most recent non-TCG addition was a Figma Selene:
Spoiler:

And before that was 12 volumes of Pokemon Adventures:
Spoiler:

I collect it all. TCG is #1 priority, with figures, plushes, and manga all 2 through 4 in priority but largely equal.

Years
I don't actively collect them atm, but do have quite a bit of merch. =) Lots of cute banpresto plushies (Axew, Zorua, Chespin, Bunnelby, Audino, others...) and tons of old TCG cards. <3 Would like to pick up plush collecting sometime, but it's hard to decide on a mon! But given that Poipole is my new favorite....it will probably be easier to decide now.

Years
If I'm in Japan I always make time to go to a Pokémon Centre to buy some plushies but I'm not an avid collector

When I was younger I collected the cards.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Not much. I have a May/Haruka figure and a some fanart doujins and that's about it. If I had more space, I'd definitely have a few more figurines in my collection. Missed out on the Hilda one. :(

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Yeup. I use to quite actively buy the trading cards while growing up, but I only really buy plushes or figures, when I have the money for them. I love buying different kinds of Pokemon, too.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'm not as active as I used to be, but I usually treat myself to some Pokémon goodies once or twice a year. I had been focusing mainly on Mew cards (I've currently got 28 kinds), but this year I got some plushes instead (a Burmy and Wartortle).

Most of the items in my collection were either gifts or collected during my childhood. Right now I've got 30 plushes, over 100 figures/small toys, about 5 albums of Pokémon cards (excluding doubles), and some other miscellaneous items.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
YES. SO. DAMN. MUCH. MERCH.

Besides the cards, which is primarily what I collect, I have a disturbingly large collection of Pokemon plushes (including no less than eight Sylveon of every size and shape). If I had to estimate how many I actually have, I would tentatively place the number at 50. Though it's been a hot minute since I've done a proper count so it might be more now! Or at least, the number is certainly going to be made larger very shortly since my birthday is in two days! n_n; And yes, there are PCers who can vouch for my plush obsessions. Lately though I've found myself collecting the enamel pins too, since they come with larger booster boxes but I think the quality has really stepped up lately!

But, when it really comes down to it, I think I'm mainly a Sylveon / Fairy type collector. Any kind of paraphernalia with fairy types on them I am compelled to purchase, including vinyl figures, clothing / slippers, dishware, cosplay material, jewellery/accessories, and much more lol.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Not for a while but I do have a bunch (atm at my parents' place in storage). Got a bunch of plushies and figurines, and also some posters, Some are pre-order bonuses but one bunch of official posters came from a Pokemon Centre in Japan when I was there with friends.

A friend also once made me a Miror B plush as a present, which is very awesome indeed. :B

I've kept some of my TCG cards also, but I never had much to start with.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Oh my god, yes, big Pokemon collector here! I have over fifty Pokemon plushies. I buy any Pokemon related merchandise I see, including a Pokemon comforter and 1999 Pokemon scrunchies.
I need to go through my Pokemon collection to compile a list, but that'll take a long time...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I started collecting Pokemon cards about a month ago and have already spent a fair bit of money. Used to collect them as a kid with my brothers and friends and it feels nice to get back to collecting. I might dabble in some other Pokemon merchandise in the future too.

Back