• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Guy

just a guy
Years
Perhaps they can follow a similar Gen I → Gen II structure. Make Sawk and Throh a triple split evolution from gaining a common pre-evolution similar to Tyrogue and a third green counterpart a la Hitmontop. Audino can also get a Blissey-eqsue evolution for itself too. Although, I doubt that would stop it from being a poor man's Chancey. /sadface

That being said, RSE currently has the longest list for stage one Pokémon that can't evolve. I'd like to see more of them gain new evolutions this time around to be honest. It would also be a nice nod to possible RSE remakes as some have already mentioned like how Gen IV gave more evolutions to the Johto Pokémon preceding the announcement of HG/SS.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Pinsir evolution is so damn good! I'll hope they really give that forsaken Pokemon little love. I'll think for Pinsir evolution, the type should Bug/Dark or Bug/Ground

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Perhaps they can follow a similar Gen I → Gen II structure. Make Sawk and Throh a triple split evolution from gaining a common pre-evolution similar to Tyrogue and a third green counterpart a la Hitmontop. Audino can also get a Blissey-eqsue evolution for itself too. Although, I doubt that would stop it from being a poor man's Chancey. /sadface

A third green evolution? Please no. ;( Their evolution would probably be in a higher tier than them but omg, it would be ugly. Green in general would be an ugly colour for a fighting type. XD; Yellow... still bad, idk, purple cause of blue/red could be okay, tho!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, how abouuuut a Cherrim evolution?
80/70/80/107/98/105/540, Grass/Fire, Flower Gift/Solar Power/Chlorophyll

I say it should be a grass/fire in accordance with the sun~!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A third green evolution? Please no. ;( Their evolution would probably be in a higher tier than them but omg, it would be ugly. Green in general would be an ugly colour for a fighting type. XD; Yellow... still bad, idk, purple cause of blue/red could be okay, tho!

Well they're based on oni, which is like the east asian version or a goblin, which can be green. For example Thundrus is based on an oni like god that's green.

I'm hoping they make the green one female though so that way the pre evolution can be either one and one wouldn't always need a ditto to get it, and it'll allow for some egg moves by breeding the green/yellow/etc female branch evolution than evolving that pre evo into any of the three.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So I've made a few changes on my suggested pre-evos/evos for previous gen Pokemon:

Pre-evo - Skarmory, Audino, Heatmor, Druddigon

Evo - Bannette, Corsola, Qwilfish, Gothitelle, Durant, Sableye, Mawile, Cherrim, Carnivine, Swoobat, Chimecho

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I would like to see Jynx with an evolution xD
And it has to look like an ice princess , and should be evolved wile holding an item and trade.

Granbull with an evolution would make it more wanted, and I think it will become something like a vicious bulldogg.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Sandslash evolution! Also, I'd like poor little Dunsparce to get an evolution or two, the little guy needs some love.

If they don't finally give Farfetch'd an evolution this gen, I'll be really annoyed. I thought a Fighting/Flying samurai evolution of it would be pretty cool.

Honestly, kinda glad they left Farfetch'd alone. There needs to be SOME things in Gen 1 not touched by other generations with evolutions. Fourth gen practically ripped half it's new species off gen 1, by just adding (in my opinion) ugly and unnecessary evolutions to what were perfectly fine by themselves one stager's. Poor Farfetch'd, Lapras, Ditto, and Tauros had to watch all their friends turn into weird bulbous creatures a few years back - let 'em be spared that pain themselves :V

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Granbull should have a really beefed up evolution. The Snubull demand would skyrocket. It would be a hilarious difference between first to last stages.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
I would love a Keckleon evo, Herracross evo (i don't care how strong it is ;___; ), Druddigon prevo (it would be so qt), Emolga evo and a Stantler evo would all be awesome :3
aslong as game freak don't go crazy and evolve every single unevolved/one stage pokemon I'll be quite happy.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Hm, how abouuuut a Cherrim evolution?
80/70/80/107/98/105/540, Grass/Fire, Flower Gift/Solar Power/Chlorophyll

I say it should be a grass/fire in accordance with the sun~!
Is it still have second form? I hope so
Sandslash evolution! Also, I'd like poor little Dunsparce to get an evolution or two, the little guy needs some love.

Sandslah evolution! I would love to see it too. But any pokemon that urgently need to complete its line is Kangaskhan.
Seriously, a pokemon hatched with a baby on its own? Without any male counterpart??!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Male Kanga could be a high special attacker, given that opposites attract. ;)

blue

gucci
Years
Chimecho evolution, although it looks great as it is and it's been landed with a nice pre-evolution, I think think it could potentially get a great evolution.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A Mr. Mime evolution (Mime Sr. ?).
I wonder what a chimecho evolution will be based on, It's pre evolution is a traditional japanese bell, while Chimecho is based on the japanese wind chime.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe like a harmonica or a skylight like um, paper lantern to follow on from the wind theme? Although I feel like that's actually covered somewhat BUT YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I'd love a Castform evo, an adorable Absol pre-evo, a Liepard evo that actually isn't weird looking...call it Theiline or something. (theif+feline...that actually seems cool!) I'd also want a baby evo of Audino, an Emolga evo that looks really cool, a baby Druddigon because like someone before said it would be ADORABLE, and a really epic Dunsparce evo that makes it like Magicarp-useless but evolves into epicosity. <3

Back