• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film The worst films you've ever seen?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Food Fight. Holy fucking shit, Food Fight. The animation was horrific, the story was bad, and there was a hell ton WRONG with this movie's production. There's an entire story about what happened to this absolute abomination of a film. I didn't even watch the whole movie, I turned it off 3/4ths of the way through because it was that bad.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Food Fight. Holy ****ing ****, Food Fight. The animation was horrific, the story was bad, and there was a hell ton WRONG with this movie's production. There's an entire story about what happened to this absolute abomination of a film. I didn't even watch the whole movie, I turned it off 3/4ths of the way through because it was that bad.

What about the obvious sexual fetishes peppered throughout it too? Haha.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Inspector gadget. A truly horrific film. Got 30minutes in to it before vomiting and turning it off. (JK didn't vomit)

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Madoka Majika Rebellion (I SWEAR the whole point to that film was homophobia...) and "Mean Girls" (seriously, the worst insult to girlyness :( ever).

Both these films are just awful to me!

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Foodfight!, Rapsittie Street Kids, The Cat in the Hat (2003), Hoodwinked 2, and the entire Twilight series including its affiliates.

The 1st is one of the worst films of all time, the 2nd is mainly on the list due to atrocious animation combined with poor character dialogue, the 3rd was a horrible spin on a classic children's story with plenty of adult humor thrown in, the 4th was a poor comedy compared to Hoodwinked which was made with heart despite having a low budget, and Twilight has committed numerous crimes which include making vampires sparkle and spawning the Fifty Shades series from the pit of its fan fiction.

Years
Spoiler:

Definitely one of the most painful viewing experiences I've ever had. It was bad, but not in a so-bad-it's-funny way. Just a bad way. About the only interesting thing I could say about it is that it'll give you a chance to guess in each scene what they'll do wrong. It's a kind of paint-by-numbers movie where they didn't have the right numbers and everything about it shows they made mistakes at every turning point. But exactly how they decide to mess up might keep you guessing and interested for a few moments.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Hey guys did you know they actually made a third Shrek movie?

The third was plain as a standalone film. It was basically an extension of Shrek 2 with another conflict regarding the future of the throne and a promoted secondary antagonist who wasn't as charming the second time around. Shrek 4 was a rushed mess. The alternate world was filled with contradictions and raised questions that were never answered. There were good elements, such as the eccentric Rumpelstiltskin who was at the forefront of the movie's marketing campaign, so it wasn't all bad. Hopefully Shrek 5 will at least be as good as Shrek 2 which is arguably the best one to date.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I'm not surprised someone mentioned The Last Airbender (awful.)
What I am surprised about is that nobody has mentioned Dragonball Evolution!
What's it with anime films and sucking! I mean in that "live action" kind of way. Films like Spirited Away are great.

I'd say the Garfield movie was pretty bad too, mostly because I was forced to watch it a few weeks ago and it's now stuck in my head.

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
Happily Never After was a decent movie. It made me chuckle from time to time and I wouldn't even mind when it was replayed every couple months.
I mean it was definitely a bad film. It was just so bad that it made me actually laugh at times.

Happily Never After 2 is a completely different story..... It was a bad movie. Thats all I can really say about it. There were no redeemable features.

The animating sucked.

The script sucked.

The voice actors sucked.

The pacing sucked.

The 'humour' sucked.

everything sucked.

Last edited:
Years
The Visit
Not only does it paint mentally ill people in a horrible light, it follows the assumption that all elderly people have dementia and can't do anything on their own.
Plus it's just boring.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Andrew Garfield TASM movies. A mockery of Spider-Man and adds insult to injury after Spider-Man 4 was cancelled. Sony is a greedy company. I will never forget the fact that they tampered with Spider-Man 3 and got in Raimi's way, causing him to give up on Spider-Man 4. Though I heard MJ was going to die so maybe 4 wasn't going to be a big hit anyways but we'll never know.

Years
Jarhead - saw in cinema for some reason, boring movie...

and this fairly modern film shot from a hand camera perspective, something about a monster you never properly see in a crowded city. Was garbage! Didn't finish it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
As previously mentioned, the Avatar film based on the incredible Nickelodeon television series comes to my mind almost always.

It was so bad... improper pronunciation of character names, weird pacing, bad acting... etc. Such a shame.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Airbender for me seeing as I consider the animated series its based on to be one of the best produced animated series in decades. Its movies such as this that I wish Mystery Science Theater 3000 was still going so that we could truly determine the worst movie ever made...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
As previously mentioned, the Avatar film based on the incredible Nickelodeon television series comes to my mind almost always.

It was so bad... improper pronunciation of character names, weird pacing, bad acting... etc. Such a shame.

Honestly, I guess I don't get why adaptations really have to exist. The medium of Avatar was perfectly suited for television and that's what we got. A perfectly executed series.

So... why does it need a live action movie? It's only going to be inferior, even if it didn't suck as bad as it did.

Why does a great book or manga NEED either a television series or movie adaptation at all? Is it any less good on the page?
Why does a video game series need to be a movie?

I've been thinking about this for awhile and some things that are good are good simply because they existed already in the form best suited for them. And I don't get the desperate wants of fans to CRAAAVE to need it in a different version where it'll never be as good.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Honestly, I guess I don't get why adaptations really have to exist. The medium of Avatar was perfectly suited for television and that's what we got. A perfectly executed series.

So... why does it need a live action movie? It's only going to be inferior, even if it didn't suck as bad as it did.

Why does a great book or manga NEED either a television series or movie adaptation at all? Is it any less good on the page?
Why does a video game series need to be a movie?

I've been thinking about this for awhile and some things that are good are good simply because they existed already in the form best suited for them. And I don't get the desperate wants of fans to CRAAAVE to need it in a different version where it'll never be as good.
Considering your current avatar and signature and how grossly inferior the MCU is to the comic books that spawned them, I find this kinda ironic...not that I disagree, but just saying.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Considering your current avatar and signature and how grossly inferior the MCU is to the comic books that spawned them, I find this kinda ironic...not that I disagree, but just saying.

Because I have a Star Lord set doesn't mean I'm into Marvel. I don't care about the MCU at all, or really comic books in general. I just like the Guardians films because they're fun standalone movies.

And I also know even the MCU takes extreme liberties with its source material; Guardians being the biggest example, but they're all trying to be a new thing, for the most part. They take some story beats from comics, but they're a new thing with a new goal for these movies, with the same general idea and characters.

Something like Avatar TLA vs the The Last Airbender film isn't trying to be anything but a straighton adaptation to me, with just an inferior genre to attempt it in. The characters, settings, story beats, etc, they are all just poorer carbon copies of the original. In my mentality, why do it at all? It's only going to be a letdown, and pretty much doomed to fail.

Thing is, I don't think adaptations are even a bad thing at all. Sometimes a whole scene just works better in the different language of a new medium, or a stale old idea gets revamped and works way better.
And even something like Avatar could have worked as a movie, someway. Definitely not in M. Night's hands, but who knows how it could've been for anyone else.

My point was really, I don't get the urgent want of people craving an adaptation of something that's already there to enjoy.
I get in this day and age we're weened to expect more of everything we love, with sequels and all that, but for me, I'm more than happy simply enjoying something that exists one way. It'll always be there to revisit to remind me why I love it.

If I love a video game, it can stay just that. I don't need to see it as a movie. I don't crave to see it as one.
If someone made it and it turned out to be good, I'd check it out and maybe like that one too; be pleasantly surprised, but I never begged for it.
That's more what I was getting at.

And with Guardians, I told you, I never read the source material, haha. I just found two movies I liked, and actually liked more because they weren't so heavily entwined with the rest of the comic cinematic universe I really don't care about.

Last edited:
Back