• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT] The Artist Appears

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
Hey everyone, this is my first competitive team here at this forum. I was browsing around different websites to see ways that I could play the Black and White pokemon games differently as they were one of my favorite games of all time and I came across the proposition of competitive pokemon which really got my attention. This is my first team here and I really think that it has turned out really well, but I'd like to make it better. Any suggestions will help, but anyways here is the team.

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 HP/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid [+Spe, -Atk]
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Bug

Having Espeon as a lead Pokemon repels the rocks and spikes the opponent throws at you. Also, Espeon is immune to taunt and spore, making it much easier to set up duel screens and switch out to another Pokemon. Hidden Power Bug hits Dark type Pokemon. I decided not to use Hidden Power Fighting because you never know when a Ghost type will come out.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SAtk]
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Taunt

After using one Dragon Dance, Haxorus is ready to sweep an entire team with its Outrage. The Lum Berry is to help cure the confusion of other status effects before the Outrage. Earthquake will hit Steel types that are resistant against Haxorus' Outrage. Taunt is for preventing Haze and status effects on him.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid [-Atk, +Spe]
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Thunder Wave
-Nasty Plot

Because Togekiss is holding a Choice Scarf, it only make sense to keep spamming her Air Slash. It annoyed the heck out of people especially if they are in a Status Condition. Just in case a Tyranitar or a Weavile comes out, Togekiss can simply use her Aura Sphere and switch out before another Ghost type comes.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist (Yeah I got it! )
EVs: 4 SAtk/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty [-Def, +Spe]
-Close Combat
-Overheat
-U-turn
-Stone Edge

This Infernape is special because it's a supporter and a sweeper. Close Combat will cripple anything (like Blissey) because of its amazon base power, 120 plus STAB, Life Orb boost, and Iron Fist Boost. Overheat takes out those annoying walls like Forretress and Ferrothorn. U-turn will make an easy switch to recover from its defense loss and Stone Edge Owns Flying types.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 SDef/ 252 HP/ 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed [-Spe, +Def]
-Night Shade
-Pain Split
-Toxic
-Will-O-Wisp

Dusclops is an amazing wall in 5th generation thanks to the new item. The reason why this Dusclops is EVd in defense is because it will protect Chansey from her weaknesses. Before Machamp ,Terrakion, or Conkeldurrs switch in, Dusclops can come out and burn them all with Will-O-Wisp! Pain Split is an excellent choice considering that Dusclops has terribly low HP. Toxic will destroy all the Pokemon that can't take down Dusclops.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Nature Cure
EVs: 4 SDef/ 252 Def/ 252 HP
Nature: Bold [-Atk, +Def]
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Toxic

Players these days love inflicting statuses these days. That's why I'm smart enough to put a cleric on my team. Sadly I can't get a Chansey with Wish so I guess Softboiled will have to do. Seismic Toss is probably the only option you can use in battling because of Chansey's low attack and specal attack. Stalling out the Pokemon with Toxic is a good choice as well.

That's my team guys Please tell my what you think. Also, tell me what I should replace. Thank you for your cooperation

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Signal Beam is a better alternative over HP Bug on Espeon, should you choose the Bug route over the Fighting route because of its (slightly) higher power and chance of confusion; you also don't have to go with specific IVs just to have HP Bug. And, FYI, Ghosts are still hit neutrally by Psychic, unless the opponent is Sableye or Spiritomb. Just saying, there are times when Espeon needs to hit a Steel Pokemon with HP Fighting.

Thunder Wave + Choice Scarf are redundant with one another and they serve different purposes. Choice Scarf turns Togekiss into a revenge killer, while Thunder Wave slows down faster opponents so that your slower Pokemon can act before the paralyzed opponent does; it also works hand-in-hand with Togekiss' Air Slash. Switch the item to Leftovers and use a Calm/Bold nature with 252 HP/252 Def or SDef/4 Def or SDef. IMO, having 2 status moves and a Choice item together restricts a Pokemon's role. A Choiced Pokemon must have a moveset of diverse moves to maximize coverage. This set should show what I mean:
-Thunder Wave/Body Slam
-Air Slash
-Flamethrower/Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot
-Roost
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace

Iron Fist doesn't boost Close Combat's power because CC isn't classified as a "punching move," despite what the animation would suggest (just saying, Staraptor and the legendary musketeers are able to learn Close Combat and they don't have any fists to punch with). If you use Iron Fist as Infernape's ability, fit in Mach Punch somewhere in the set; otherwise stick with Blaze. All the moves that benefit from Iron Fist can be seen here.

Despite its colossal defenses with Eviolite and ability to wall most Pokemon to hell and back, Dusclops can't do much back to the opponent because of its low offenses. RestTalking is pretty much the only thing it can do viably because Pain Split has a tendency to be unreliable at times. Gliscor is another alternative as a defensive partner for Chansey:
-Substitute
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Taunt/Ice Fang
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Taunt/Ice Fang/Facade

or
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade
-Taunt/Protect

or
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Earthquake
-Taunt/Toxic/Facade
EVs: 248 HP/24 Def/236 Spe

Last edited:
Years
Damn you platinum you beat me to this one and once again I agree, the only big hole I saw in your team was dusclops, and honestly he isn't all that great otherwise the team is built well. Plus the addition of a Gliscor would give this team a lot of credibility being one of the best pokemon this generation!

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
Thanks for the awesome suggestions guys! I will be sure to test them out and edit the original post if they work out well!

-TChad

Back