• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
At the risk of sounding rude, if you are unable to resize sprites or create scratch sprites yourself I don't really see what you're bringing to the table here. If you have a problem with a sprite then do something to help, do QC on it yourself. If you find you can't, then it's probably not something that needs it.
So, the last thing I want is this to turn into any kind of argument. I have done multiple QC's so far, most of which have been rejected or altered to the point of being moot. I not particularly salty about them, so don't take it that way. I've probably spent way to much time arguing about Greninja, and while the current sprite still doesn't quite rub me the right way, I think I'll drop it here.
I think you're mostly right. Considering how little QCing actually is is needed, I probably don't have much left to contribute. I'll still be visiting the thread and putting in my two cents, but I doubt I'll be contributing that much, if at all.

So, a few side notes I wanted to make:

I haven't asked until now on fear of sounding noob-ish, but what does QC stand for? I've never heard the term before.

I've tried using the "completed spites" link to look for sprites that need QCing, but I noticed that it's not up to date. Could you please update it?

I noticed that Furfrou's sprite is really big, as it stands at 62 pixels tall. As much as I hate to say it, considering that current sprite is amazing, but it probably needs to be sized down. I think I mentioned this before, but the same thing applies to Diancie. It's also 62 pixels tall, and just looks funny when it's as tall as Yveltal.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
So, the last thing I want is this to turn into any kind of argument. I have done multiple QC's so far, most of which have been rejected or altered to the point of being moot. I not particularly salty about them, so don't take it that way. I've probably spent way to much time arguing about Greninja, and while the current sprite still doesn't quite rub me the right way, I think I'll drop it here.
I think you're mostly right. Considering how little QCing actually is is needed, I probably don't have much left to contribute. I'll still be visiting the thread and putting in my two cents, but I doubt I'll be contributing that much, if at all.

So, a few side notes I wanted to make:

I haven't asked until now on fear of sounding noob-ish, but what does QC stand for? I've never heard the term before.

I've tried using the "completed spites" link to look for sprites that need QCing, but I noticed that it's not up to date. Could you please update it?

I noticed that Furfrou's sprite is really big, as it stands at 62 pixels tall. As much as I hate to say it, considering that current sprite is amazing, but it probably needs to be sized down. I think I mentioned this before, but the same thing applies to Diancie. It's also 62 pixels tall, and just looks funny when it's as tall as Yveltal.

Yes Silverandblaze is right QC just means Quality Control, so just the little touch ups that you've done.

I don't always agree with QC but I always appreciate people taking the time to do so, your Mega Houndoom QC for example was great.

Yes I'll update the completed sprites link, I usually don't update that one unless there's been a significant number of changes, and you're right at this stage I think there's been enough.

Furfrou and Diancie are both in a weird spot, because I think they look fine in isolation, but do look big compared to some legendaries. I'd actually put that onto the fact that the other legendaries are so detailed they make them look smaller. Diancie I don't think I'll shrink anyless because it's face is already quite small, but Furfrou could perhaps be a bit smaller, especially when its compared to Pyroar.

EDIT: Here's a slightly shrunken Furfrou and Sliggoo

pry2ASl.png

NMhZNX2.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
For those who might be looking for an Ash-Greninja sprite, I "made" one out of boredom (I'm not in my place)... Based from N-Kin (original sprite), EdgeZard X (resize) and Webobo (Ash-Greninja version and palette) works to make it look different from the normal form sprite from this resource... Colors became horrible due to palette restriction...

Here's the sprite:
3exL2lm.png

Back sprite might be done soon...

The sprite is awesome but the left leg (my point of view) is a little weird... Maybe need retouch

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Yeah, I wasn't particularly happy with how the left side (its right) turned out upon the resize.......

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Since Greninja's QC, I think the worst sprite in the resource right now is Hoopa. So many parts of it's body are too big relative to the head's size, with the horns being the most glaring issue. I went looking for something to use as a base for a new sprite and found this. Turns out it's made by (act surprised) N-Kin.
hoopa_by_n_kin-d7w1yny.png

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
Since Greninja's QC, I think the worst sprite in the resource right now is Hoopa. So many parts of it's body are too big relative to the head's size, with the horns being the most glaring issue. I went looking for something to use as a base for a new sprite and found this. Turns out it's made by (act surprised) N-Kin.

Is really good

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
The sprite is awesome but the left leg (my point of view) is a little weird... Maybe need retouch

Yeah, I wasn't particularly happy with how the left side (its right) turned out upon the resize.......

Spoiler:

Did some edit with the Ash-Greninja sprite, which I moved to a later post...

Here's a retouch for the Mega Garchomp sprite that I submitted before (same base as before but feet are based from The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource's Garchomp sprite):
3SRMCzm.png

EDIT: Here's an update for the Mega Mewtwo Y that I submitted before but this time, based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex sprite:
x9mLk4e.png

EDIT: Here's an attempt to "finish" fridave's Primal Kyogre... I reduced the colors since it exceeds the 16-color limit... Coloring/shading (for the unfinished parts) is based from various images and sprites:
G1FGTvl.png

EDIT: Here's a Primal Groudon based from The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource's Groudon sprite and Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex sprite (for the colors and shades):
WEBfVLQ.png

EDIT: Here's a back sprite for Primal Groudon based from The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource's Groudon sprite and various images and sprites for the shading:
56ObS5c.png

Might submit a Primal Kyogre back sprite too and fix the Mega Medicham, Mega Metagross and Mega Tyranitar front sprites that I submitted before...

P.S.: Sorry for submitting too much...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023

Wow! That Hoopa you posted looks a lot better than the one used currently! Hopefully that can be used as a base to replace the old one.

Hoopa aside, the only sprite I think looks a little awkward now is Bunnelby. It's not horrible or anything, I just thought it was in a bit of an awkward pose... too rigid maybe? If you'll pardon the pun, it has a bit of a rabbit in the headlights look to it.

Still, I'm being picky. Can't wait to see all the mega sprites done as well, and included in Gaia (or any other mega evolution hacks I may not know of) :D

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
so i tried to merge back and front sprite of ash greninja and i end up this

wDmZzdj.png

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
I am making placeholder Mega sprites, until the 'official' ones of this thread are released. I quickly cleaned them up, so they're nice enough to use, but obviously not as nice as MrDs's. Credits to thedarkdragon11 and to whoever made these: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:All_sprites_devamped. The sprites don't fit the requirements of this thread, so they're not meant for this resource.

I'll work on other ones and shinies a little later.

HFhw3eJ.png

nZ2VseT.png

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I draw mega-aggron sprite base on a official wallpaper, but i have a trouble with it right leg (over 1 line) and i don't have free time to colour it... anybody help me?

That's nice! I think I should try coloring this?

so i tried to merge back and front sprite of ash greninja and i end up this

wDmZzdj.png

Sorry for not providing a shiny version...

I am making placeholder Mega sprites, until the 'official' ones of this thread are released. I quickly cleaned them up, so they're nice enough to use, but obviously not as nice as MrDs's. Credits to thedarkdragon11 and to whoever made these: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:All_sprites_devamped. The sprites don't fit the requirements of this thread, so they're not meant for this resource.

I'll work on other ones and shinies a little later.

HFhw3eJ.png

nZ2VseT.png

Nice! But the back sprites are Gen. 5-style... Anyway, you should credit capylus for the Mega Alakazam because he's the one who did that, I only converted his sprite... And there's a more updated version that MrDS "liked" better (but not yet perfect for the resource)... This one:

y841vxW.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
I also tried drawing Xerneas & Yveltal front sprite bigger based on trading cards, but i think i won't use them (because Yveltal's tail and the limit of Xerneas's color), so... feel free to use or edit them if anybody wants (OW sprites aren't mine)

I'm happy when someone likes my sprites, that's enough, you don't need to credit me if edited

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
That's nice! I think I should try coloring this?

Sorry for not providing a shiny version...

Nice! But the back sprites are Gen. 5-style... Anyway, you should credit capylus for the Mega Alakazam because he's the one who did that, I only converted his sprite... And there's a more updated version that MrDS "liked" better (but not yet perfect for the resource)... This one:

y841vxW.png

Yeah I know, custom back sprites are too time consuming, I'm just making place holders. Well, I like the first one better actually ;)

Back