• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Zel could hack a satellite dish, and make it zap everyone who didn't give him what he wanted!! ZAP!!

He could rip the internet in two!!

He could program his own handheld system!!

He could design a computer!!

He could create evil robots to take over the world!! (Remember when I said I would kill you last? I lied...)

The question is, what can't he do?

What could I say to stay on topic?

SAY NO TO PIRATES YOU STUPID EBAY COMMUNITY!!! Or at least look up some information to see if it's a fraud or not.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
hey zel,

since you're like the best at hex editing and making maps and stuff i thought you might be interested in making a Pokemon Flash game. You could make it like online with a bunch of trainers and stuff and it would be rele cool

think bout this after shineygold is done

SHINEYGOLD looks great so far and I hope you finish it soon!

good luck.

Hmmm... My Flash knowledge is very limited ATM. (I did small things for my dad and dad's work, but nothing as big as that! JOJO!!!)

Zel could hack a satellite dish, and make it zap everyone who didn't give him what he wanted!! ZAP!!

He could rip the internet in two!!

He could program his own handheld system!!

He could design a computer!!

He could create evil robots to take over the world!! (Remember when I said I would kill you last? I lied...)

The question is, what can't he do?

What could I say to stay on topic?

SAY NO TO PIRATES YOU STUPID EBAY COMMUNITY!!! Or at least look up some information to see if it's a fraud or not.

??????.......

O.O
o​

...Whatever...

Ahem! Well, I was gonna post some more screenshots, right? Well, here they are!

image16bl1.png
image18mm7.png
image19rj4.png
image20wj1.png

A bit of the lighthouse, you already saw it... (But, who cares about it, when my first screenshot is the one you all care about, am I right? Jaja!)

That's all, finally I've finished retesting everything, and builiding my Shiny Gold X. It's gonna get really complicated (Well, my party at the entrance of Ice Cave at least is something serious, reaching the 50's. So you better train!). Now I can update my Status once again...

Shadowburn

I'm Back. If You Care.
Years
Really great, its spectacular! I'm making a G/S re-make (not on PC) but yours is better..

Btw, AMPHY is an ampharos. I don't know if you knew that or not. If you posted that you knew about it, I'm sorry I didn't read the whole thread.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2007
Hey, I'm new to this, and thus, quite inexperienced. I downloaded Visual Boy Advanced and then tried to open the beta i downloaded from the first post. However, I get error messages saying it doesn't work. Could someone please explain to a noob how to make it work? This game looks amazing and I would really really love to play it. Thank you very much! :)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Zel, new screenshots look fantastic. I think its great how much progress your making, keep up the spectalular work mate.

avamonkey182, goto the "[Important] Before PLAYING a hack" thread, i think it explains how to patch *.ISP, good luck! :classic:

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2007
Zel, new screenshots look fantastic. I think its great how much progress your making, keep up the spectalular work mate.

avamonkey182, goto the "[Important] Before PLAYING a hack" thread, i think it explains how to patch *.ISP, good luck! :classic:

hello, thank you very much for the advice, but if i may ask, where exactly is the "[important] before PLAYING a hack" thread? Once again, I am very sorry I know so little about all of this. Thank you for all of your help. :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
zel said:
Ahem! Well, I was gonna post some more screenshots, right? Well, here they are!

image16bl1.png
image18mm7.png
image19rj4.png
image20wj1.png

A bit of the lighthouse, you already saw it... (But, who cares about it, when my first screenshot is the one you all care about, am I right? Jaja!)

That's all, finally I've finished retesting everything, and builiding my Shiny Gold X. It's gonna get really complicated (Well, my party at the entrance of Ice Cave at least is something serious, reaching the 50's. So you better train!). Now I can update my Status once again...

I like it how you're mixing differeng kinds of graphic with one another (as in the light house for example - the floor is the same as the GSC original, as well as the small stairs). So Shiny Gold X is the 'harder' version's name, huh? Well, it will be a challenge, but nothing is too hard once one takes time to train! :D

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
zel, i think i found a couple of glitches:

- after i defeated lapras he stayed and battled me again.. so i caught 2 lapras, as much as i was happy i knew that's not supposed to happen.. and later when i came back to the cave... there it was again ! is that supposed to happen?
- i found the girl that's supposed to give u TREEKO.. she said " how is treeko doing?" or something like that... but she didn't give me TREEKO... i figured maybe because i started the game on B1... so i made a new game on B2 and this time she gave me the TREEKO.. but when i came back another time, she battled me another time and gave me another TREEKO !!
- when i fought the three girls that u find somewhere under the daycare (after using surf) i noticed that i couldn't walk on the grass on the left.. i don't know if u fixed that yet.
- There's a guy in the union cave who's script is messed up. i also don't know if this was posted already.
- And i wanted to ask you about Eevee, in FR there is no day and night, so it is impossible to evolve it into espeon or umbreon and the department store in goldenrod doesn't have evolution stones.. so how is the trainer supposed to evolve eevee?

mm anyway im sorry if these bugs/questions have been dealt with before but i thought i'd let you know anywayss.. you have my support.. ur a great romhacker zel and im a big fan :)

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
@darkkchildd: Most of your glitches can be explained with the fact that there isn't a time-system in FireRed, like you said yourself. The Lapras appearance is based on some kind of randomizing script, due to the absent time-system. And could you actually get a Treecko?!? I never knew that! It must be hidden quite good right? (*goes starting the game to find it*)

@zel: Cool screen shots! They really give that authentic feeling :)

Last edited:

Twinx

Years
martijn, yes treeko is obtainable, but im not gonna spoil where..but the hidden area isn't that hard to find ;) ... about the glitches... i was just making sure zel is aware of them and if they can be fixed...

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Amazing, I wasn't aware that you could get Treeko yet, but i didn't look too hard. Now I have to find it.

hello, thank you very much for the advice, but if i may ask, where exactly is the "[important] before PLAYING a hack" thread? Once again, I am very sorry I know so little about all of this. Thank you for all of your help. :D

It is located in the Hacks Showcase, it's a Sticky Theard and it's by Hiroshi Sotomura.

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
the department store in goldenrod doesn't have evolution stones.. so how is the trainer supposed to evolve eevee?

In the original gold, if you beat trainers like the lass in route 38, they will ask you to register their numbers. When they call you about a special gift and you will battle them again. Once you defeated them, they will give you the special gift such as the lass in route 38 will give you a Thunder Stone.

Twinx

Years
In the original gold, if you beat trainers like the lass in route 38, they will ask you to register their numbers. When they call you about a special gift and you will battle them again. Once you defeated them, they will give you the special gift such as the lass in route 38 will give you a Thunder Stone.
Well the stones aren't the problem, zel can place them anywhere, but in the Original gold Nintendo gave you Eevee so you can evolve it to Umbreon or Espeon, however in FR there isn't Day and Night so is it possible that zel modifies eevee so it can evolve without the day and night features like WURMPLE for example?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Btw, AMPHY is an ampharos. I don't know if you knew that or not. If you posted that you knew about it, I'm sorry I didn't read the whole thread.

...:P (And I mentioned it before, right?)

zel, i think i found a couple of glitches:

1- after i defeated lapras he stayed and battled me again.. so i caught 2 lapras, as much as i was happy i knew that's not supposed to happen.. and later when i came back to the cave... there it was again ! is that supposed to happen?
2- i found the girl that's supposed to give u TREEKO.. she said " how is treeko doing?" or something like that... but she didn't give me TREEKO... i figured maybe because i started the game on B1... so i made a new game on B2 and this time she gave me the TREEKO.. but when i came back another time, she battled me another time and gave me another TREEKO !!
3- when i fought the three girls that u find somewhere under the daycare (after using surf) i noticed that i couldn't walk on the grass on the left.. i don't know if u fixed that yet.
4- There's a guy in the union cave who's script is messed up. i also don't know if this was posted already.
5- And i wanted to ask you about Eevee, in FR there is no day and night, so it is impossible to evolve it into espeon or umbreon and the department store in goldenrod doesn't have evolution stones.. so how is the trainer supposed to evolve eevee?

I've numbered them so I could answer better...
1 & 2-Probably flags errors... Most likely due to the continuation of B1 on B2 (I told I didn't care about problems originated because of that...) So far, Lapras should disappear because there's a warping which makes Lapras disappear (even though reappears later). And the Treecko girl should give you her Treecko and battle you only once (that is, if flags aren't doing weird things)
3-Which "grass on the left"?
4-Again, care to show me a screenshot of which guy in Union Cave?
5-The most obvious way to evolve it: using the Moon Stone and Sun Stone (which you can get in Union Cave and the Contest so you can evolve it pretty early)

That happened in Crystal, I think.

Well the stones aren't the problem, zel can place them anywhere, but in the Original gold Nintendo gave you Eevee so you can evolve it to Umbreon or Espeon, however in FR there isn't Day and Night so is it possible that zel modifies eevee so it can evolve without the day and night features like WURMPLE for example?

See your 5- Answer... Even though using the Personality Values like Wurmple is not a bad idea... Hmmm...

OK. Now it's time to get serious and show the new stuff... So, here I go:

image21bv4.png
image22eg8.png
image23zy1.png
image24am5.png
image25wm6.png
image26bi2.png

Comments on these: The whirlpool is not animated (yet?). The Photo Studio has been replaced with... You'll see...
And, the girl who tells you the Leader is not accepting battles is just looking for troubles! XD

So, what do you think? ;)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Once again Zel your progresses amazes me, good job, it looks fantastic. Hopfully you'll get those whirlpool's animated and the BETA out. Until then mate, good luck with the hack!

Slize

Salamence's Trainer
Years
Absolutely great job Zel! The G/S/C series are my fovourite, so I have waiting for a day of theirs remakes for GBA pokemon engine. I decided to help you and I made a Johto map for Shiny Gold. If you will not enough satisfy I can change it.Here you go and See ya!:)

img246.imageshack.us/img246/9152/johtomaptk0.png

alternative link (replace "space" to "." after "www" - i don't have 15 posts yet:/ )

www megaupload.com/pl/?d=JEUNMO5H

Last edited:

fedex_sc_14

FeDeX
Years
¡Wow! the Tile of the whirlpool is very good... I like your idea of the girl in front of the Door of the GYm, I have a question: She's going to battle with you?
Well, its all, good-Bye and Good Luck!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I'm late but it's pretty easy to find that Treecko, and to obtain it is pretty easy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back