• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DEADMAN.exe- [M] [OOC/SU]

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
picture.php

Rated M, for blood, violence, romance, and possible alcohol
Co-GM'd by EliteBeats​

Story

You were probably your average Joe.

You worked at the corner store, gained meager pay, got home, ate, played videogames, slept, woke up, got dressed, ate, went to work, rinsed and repeated. You had the average life, your girlfriend was nice, your parents didn't really bother you, that stuff. It was all just pretty damn sweet until you opened that email.

Or maybe you were a teen.

You got up, groaned about how much your parents sucked (how ungrateful!), brushed your teeth, took a shower, got dressed, ate, opened doors (and if you were feisty, you slammed it pretty damn hard), went to school, groaned about school, went home, ate, played videogames, played more videogames, then went to sleep. You were a freaking monster. Till you opened that email.

It doesn't matter who the hell you were, your life was changed.

It was an email encrypted with the file DEADMAN.exe. Maybe you thought it was a virus as it first popped up on your screen. It said, DEADMAN PROGRAM INITIALIZING. You think. Maybe you were in shock. But when you blacked out, your last thoughts were probably, What. The. Hell. You woke up on a boat next. Next to thirteen other cots (that makes fourteen, for your information), in your regular clothes. It's a luxury liner, and in fact it is still in use today, but the name is changed and it has been modified beyond recognition. So that, you know, you don't try to blow it up for some reason. At first, it seems like, oh cool, a cruise, for ME! Or maybe you're paranoid that there's something wrong, you didn't sign up for this. It's not till you notice it's not moving that you hear an announcement on the PA system. An announcement you'll remember for the rest of your life... of course, if you're not dead already.

"Hello there! I can't tell you my full name, but welcome. Call me the Organizer. Or the Doctor. Or That Bastard In Control. Hahahahahahahahaha! That was supposed to be funny. Well, anyway, you probably think you deserve an explanation, right? Well, you don't, but I'll give you one anyways, since I'm a nice guy. And a nice-looking guy to boot, haha!" This voice is sadistic and nearly childish, but it's obvious he's an adult. His laughs, though, are reminiscent of the laughs of a mad scientist.

"You guys are my new lab rats. Well, at least, you were. And you still are, in a way! But not really, haha! You're now going to participate in what I call the Game of Death! It's a really fun game, trust me! Just get a cut on your thumb or leg or arm or something, and I'll explain more! Go on! Get some blood out! Gogogogogo!"

Somehow, you manage to get a wound of some sort. With blood. It might be on your hands or on your arms, although you could possibly have it in other places.

"Well, now, I think I have to explain what's going on, since you don't know." A gruffer, less sadistic voice appears. It doesn't scream drill sergeant, but it is certainly deep. This is obviously someone else. "I'm not afraid of giving my name. My name is Adam. Simple, simple Adam. As far as you're concerned, I'm the brawn of this operation. Because if you don't listen to us, well, simply enough, me or my men will kill you. And," he adds with a chuckle, "I think I will have a lot of fun doing it too. But hell, lemme explain to you what happened. You have powers. Not stupid, cliche, Superman powers. But they're all different." He snickers this time. "Baseline is, you can control your blood, in different ways. There will be a sheet near where you woke up that explains in detail. This is called Branch of Sin. But be careful, because you don't have an endless supply of blood. Don't worry though, we're going to have a lot of fun! All you have to do is perform certain tasks. But before I explain more, your first task will be given in a few hours. We have to... make some arrangements. Have fun till then... while it lasts." A laugh punctuates the speech before it is signed off with the eerie sound of a "Bzzt!"

You have a few options. If you return to your cot, there will be a small bookbag under it with some of your essentials, a few changes of clothes (including a swimsuit, or alternatively swimming trunks) and something special to you. On top of it, there's a report of what they injected into you, whomever "they" are. It includes blood type, what it does, etc. There is no one left on the boat besides you twelve. There's a pool on deck, and there's also a buffet with freshly cooked food and beverages- strangely, the kitchen crew is nowhere to be found. For accuracy, you have three hours and thirty minutes [IC] to do what you want, which includes meeting up with the other eleven. If not, you can play around with your new Branch of Sin. It is suggested you do everything in this order. Although you can if you want, I don't suggest you eat the food later into these hours. If you look out into the horizon, you can't tell if you're really close to land or if you're far. It might scare those faint of heart.

Misc. Storyline/Setting

This takes place in the present day, beginning on June 30th (IC). In addition, the device on which you downloaded DEADMAN.exe, for storyline purposes, was portable. The program can be downloaded on any device with a screen and color filters.

Glossary

For those of you who need references for your stuff, here you go. It'll be updated whenever I feel like it, which means whenever I deem something necessary to put in. You can request for me to put stuff in here too.

Spoiler:

Possible Powers

Just some suggestions. Obviously, you can make your own as there isn't enough for all the slots, as long as you explain it and it isn't OP.

Spoiler:

Rules

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Announcements/Tips

I'm going to add an important NPC section too, just not now.

Reserved... myself.

Accepted/Reserved RPers

-EliteBeats, Terrence Velasquez
-Khawill, David Wilson
-DeLaMuerte (me!) [reserved]

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

OF TERRY (BUT NOT TERRY KISSER)

MAIN FACTS
Name: Terrence Velazquez
Nickname: Terry

PHYSICAL ASPECT
Height: 5ft 10in
Weight: 143lbs
Appearance: Let's begin with his hair, shall we? Dirty blond, the kind that would look like a yellow-nearing-brown in the day, and a clear brown-somewhat-yellow at night. Messy, and not growing in a certain direction. You could say it's a random fluff of hair, if you'd like. Actually, do so, he hates when people call it that way.

Descending (but not that much), well see a round face, with a nose that looks as if it had been ran over by a truck. Round, somewhat big eyes, that are also quite close one from another. These are of a dark green. Although no one seems to notice/care at all. His face ends up in a almost unnoticeable chin, with some hair round his face here and there, and a mustache that just began growing.

You'll find his complexion is thin... really thin... Thin as hell, actually. He's not build, but that won't mean he ain't any bit strong, no sir, he's got quite the loads of macho-force... or so he likes to think, dunno if it's actually true.

His height is... meh. His weight... meh. Nothing impressive, or outstanding for that matter. Why are you even taking the time to read about him? I should tell you by now he's nothing close to being interesting. You're welcome.

Oh, yes, his outfit... He's always wearing a gray casual shirt... Nothing special about it. If it's somewhat cold or not that hot, he'll also wear a black vest over it. His attire also depicts a regular pair of denim jeans (which are obviously blue). He wears a belt with a crest that shaped as a crescent moon. If it ever becomes to cold, he's made sure to always carry a scarf (hand-knitted by his mother) of a clear blue. It's thick enough to make his entire neck disappear whenever he's wearing it.

His sneakers are predominantly black, with a white stripe running around them. He will also wear a red cap with a white bird embossed in it (that may or may not be the Twitter logo), given the right amount of heat in his surroundings.​

IN-DEPTH DETAILS
Branch of Sin: Hexagon Wire. Blood comes from the middle of his hand. It then proceeds to take the shape of an hexagon. Several hexagons join in cohesion, which is stronger the more BP spent. These conjoined shapes can then be used as a sort of whip, with the slight variant that they can slice through most objects (assuming enough BP was spent). The bigger the wire, the harder it will be to control (but it will also be harder to destroy). 1BP per hexagon. After 5BP, the wire is decently resistant, but not as strong as one would want it to be. Spending more than 12BP grants a somewhat strong wire.

History: Terry is the middle one in his big family. Two older brothers and two younger sisters. His parents weren't exactly caring, and are, in fact, often telling him how [insert a creative insult here] he is. This wasn't that way before. When he was just born, he would have caring and loving parents... But then his mother got pregnant again, and that love faded until not much was left. By the time his second younger sister was born, they no longer seemed to care for him. No one could really blame them when none of their kids were actually planned right? I mean, come on.

He was already reserved as a child, and the fact that his brothers manipulated him with such ease made it no better for all the trouble they got him in. Needless to say, his parents no longer trusted him by the time he was 6. They thought he was rebellious, or at least did his father. His mother knew it wasn't him who was a rebel. She cheered him constantly with hand knitted gifts... Or at least until THAT happened.

His mother never believed him to be a rebel, until one day, Terry's father had randomly begun to yell at them. It was then that, for the first time (at age 13), he had decided to stand for himself.

He slapped his father with all of his strengths. And then his father projected how furios he was... with his fists. Next thing he remembers, he was lying on the floor. Mother and father arguing over what had just happened. They agreed that it wasn't doing him any good to live with them, although they did for different reasons.

His father, as always, considered him to be nothing but a selfish punk. His mother was beginnig to think that he might not be as innocent as she thought, and feared that he would hurt any of them if he stayed with them. Even then, she knew it wouldn't do Terry any good to send him to some correctional institute of sorts.

Armed against the world with nothing but some clothes, money, and his trustworthy smartphone (which he had to save the money for by working his ass of whatever job he could get), he faced a new incarnation of terror; boarding school. Although he didn't really find it any different from his previous school. Over here there were also lots of bullies, who decided to bully him not only because he is a first-class geek, but also because HE cannot bully them back. Nor would he ever decide to put himself in their level by doing the same.

An then, one day, once classes had ended, he decided to check his email. While he didn't really read or pay attention to the subject of this particular message, he opted to run this DEADMAN.exe thingy, just for the fun of it. The portable device displayed the words deadman program initializing all across its bright screen. He couldn't react to what happened next, nor is he willing to remember. He just knows he is currently part of some psychopath's game that will probably end with a corpse party of sorts...​

MISCELLANEOUS
Quirks:

Movie conoscieur: Not just the kinda-guy that knows since when a movie is being filmed. But also the kinda-guy that knows EVERYTHING about a movie that catches his eye... mostly horrible and very sucky movies. Don't ever talk about ConAir in front of this dude... Just don't.

Geek: Yah, you heard right. The all time video-game-know-your-stuff-you-numbnuts quirk is within this guy. I really don't need to stress this more, need I?

Overly-Analytic: While not exactly willing to act for himself on ANY given scenario, he does seem to think ahead of things... way too much. Seriously, the fact that he analyzes things to much makes him look rather paranoid at times...

Password: ZOMG, I ate pie!!!1 :O

Themes: I have decided to go nuts on this part :B

Happy Go-Lucky Theme: Moonsetter
Geeky Theme: CasualVaNia
Theme of Sadness: Questant's Lament
Mischievous: English
Indiana-Esque Mood: Power Fantasy
Silly Terry: Pony Chorale
Overall Theme Song: Temporal Piano

Sample Post: Figured I might as well throw this in (from gimmepie's Pokemon Survival Challenge v2):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I'm interested although I can't do a SU now. Nice Idea and I am definitely willing to join depending on if I can handle the RP's I'm in now.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This is pretty interesting! Here's my placeholder.

Ven Icarius, Age 17 ♂, 6" 140 lbs

Appearance: (Picture or a description, about five lines please)
Branch of Sin: Shield -

History: (About six lines)

Other: (Whatever you want, really, that's not covered anywhere else. No personality, although quirks and such.)

Password: (If you knew, you wouldn't be asking.)

Theme: (Optional. You can put just one, or a whole playlist for all your different emotions... go crazy!)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
WIP Sign up
Spoiler:

I would like to reserve a place in this RP. My other RP will be drawing to a close soon, so I need something else to play.

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Everyone is reserved (Machomuu, dcjboi, flygonstorm, NecrumWarrior, and EliteBeats- that's everyone, right?)!

Reservations last until a week from today. Plus, there's twelve spots, just a heads up. (I think I said that in the original post, right?)

I'll submit the IC after about six or seven completed SUs (or eight, possibly eight). And I'll try and see if I can move this to the Roleplay Lounge.

EDIT: Oh, and, uh, EliteBeats is new Co-GM! (Damn, that was fast!)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I updated my SU to include the first draft of my Branch of Sin. Not gonna lie, had no idea there was a show with this concept when I signed up, lmao. Anyway, let me know if you think my BoS works.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Yeah, it is based on a show. I meant to post about that immediately after Khawill did, but I wasn't able to.

That being said, it only takes the concept(s) and some characters. Heck, it doesn't even exist in the same universe. Don't be surprised if it doesn't entirely correlate.

NecrumWarrior, your Branch of Sin is fine so far. You still need to put the BP amount, because that determines whether it's overpowered or not.

Khawill is reserved. I'm also adding a sample post section to the SU, but since it's late I'll make it optional, unless I ask for one. I'll add those announcements in a moment.

Khawill

<3
Years
Finish later
Name: David Wilson
Nickname: Dave
Height: 5"1
Weight: 75lbs.
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Branch of Sin: From his finger tips David sends out thin strands of blood, that are extremely strong (due to density). They are strong enough to be able to lift him up, and can be used as a whip, restraining force, or to manipulate objects from afar. (Example: He can capture a mouse, then use his BoS to control its appendages like a puppet. Or he can pull his hands apart to, uh, make two mice.) 5BP per finger, totalling 50BP with both hands.

History: David belongs as a single child to two parents. His father owns an antique store, while his mother works as a lawyer. His mother is rarely home, only home late at night (she is the main source of income for the family). His father is always home though, (they live above their shop) and often closes the shop early to get drunk. At home, David is beaten whether his dad is sober or not. He often retreats to his room or prolongs going home entirely, though he can't run away because he can't get a job.

At school David is bullied by most students. His only childhood friend committed suicide after he felt that life was terrible. David is usually alone in most regards, and teachers almost always turn the other way when he is beaten up and teased. His grades were never great, and he wasn't an athlete so nobody felt responsible for him. His mother doesn't really know about what goes on at his school, nobody has ever told her (His dad receives all school calls, and just ignores them).

His best relationship is with his mother, who is generally kind to him. When she was home, his dad wouldn't abuse him, and vaguely, she kind of made the three of them seem like a family. The rather strained life has made him wish to be stronger, so every day he can, he works out with what he has at home and at school. (Can't give much more without giving personality).

Other: He bears a high tolerance for pain, and generally is a tough kid. In terms of strength, he is above average though not by much.

Apple, Cranberry, Sweet Potato, Berry, Chicken Pot. I literally don't eat any of these except sweet in pie form.

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofC5Vos2MU

personalities: He is a waffle

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
Huzzah! :D I'm done with my SU (I think?). I finished the sheet in the middle of the night, so there's a chance I missed some typos while proffreading. But I'll make sure to get rid of any remainders of misstypings first thing in the morning.

Hopefully I managed to brainstorm Terry in a decent enough way for you to accept him, DeLaMuerte. Although I would be more than happy to correct/expand whatever needs improving o3o I would also PM you Terry's personality anytime soon.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
NecrumWarrior, your Branch of Sin is fine so far. You still need to put the BP amount, because that determines whether it's overpowered or not.
Based on the cost of projectile, I would guess somewhere in the range of 5-15 BP. I'm not entirely sure where it should fall, but I figure higher than Projectile, but not as high as stuff like Blade where you make something to last a while. Please tell me if I'm in a good range? It's not easy trying to come up with this value.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
EliteBeats- That's more than enough- accepted!
Khawill- I assuming you're finished? You filled out everything. NORMALLY, I would ask for a sample post, but I've seen enough of your posts to know how you RP. Accepted!
NecrumWarrior- 5-15 BP sounds fine. I understand, it is pretty tough. Which is also why I put in possible powers, in case the person didn't want to.

And I reserved myself as #13. There's twelve spots but fourteen cots, so I included myself as 13 because then we still have enough for anyone else.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sorry, I'm dropping my reservation. I have another RP I would like to participate and don't think I can balance them at the same time. This RP is cool, but I have to make a choice and I choose the other. I wish you guys luck.

Chalifoux

Years
That's a shame, Necrum :( You are indeed an excellent Rper and could gave been an awesome addition to our crew, if you ever feel like joining us, our arms are always open :D *Leaves arms wide open for the rest of eternity*

And now, I'll try to drag more RPers in the Discussion Thread /*flies away*

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sorry, I'm dropping my reservation. I have another RP I would like to participate and don't think I can balance them at the same time. This RP is cool, but I have to make a choice and I choose the other. I wish you guys luck.

Sorry you couldn't join, but thanks for checking us out anyways.

That's a shame, Necrum :( You are indeed an excellent Rper and could gave been an awesome addition to our crew, if you ever feel like joining us, our arms are always open :D *Leaves arms wide open for the rest of eternity*

And now, I'll try to drag more RPers in the Discussion Thread /*flies away*

I couldn't have done it better. I have raised you well, EliteBeats.

Time to sit patiently and wait for RPers!

Chalifoux

Years
*bump* Bringing this to the top of the page :)

Y'all that reserved... Yer' week is gone. However, we are not. If this STILL interests you, I suggest you get to finishing those SUs of yours, which I will daresay are gonna be awesome when done!

As for all those out there who had their eyes locked upon this thread, join us, we certainly do not bite that hard!

Back