• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team: Pokemon Sunshine/Moonlight Versions

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
This looks very interesting.

Name: YALN (For short or Logical Cabbage)
Skill(s): Inserting Sprites and Icons, Changing Stats, Mapping
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Availability: I can work on Fridays and Weekends due to school.
Central Time
What you want to do for this hack: All stated in skills and banner making
Favorite Pokemon: Altaria

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Name: ScottyBoyyy (Scotty should do, or FavilleGamingAndTCG, my YouTube channel. Check me out sometime!)
Skype: I have one which I never use. Gmail: [email protected]
Skill(s): I'm a skilled writer. I consistently score highly in English, Spelling and Computers. I have never done a ROM hack before, however, everybody starts somewhere, right?
Proof of work: None, I'm trying to build some rep in the storywriting community.
Availability: Weekends. Maybe after school sometimes. GMT +12 (NZ/Pacific/East Russia).
Job I'm applying for: Storywriter.
Favorite Pokémon: Hard one. Probably...Volcarona. I never played the DS games, except on about five different occasions. And I caught a Larvesta. But Volcarona's cooler.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 4, 2014
Name: K
Skill(s): i was part of a hacking team, i used to be the spriter, but the team gave up, and i became employless
Proof of Work: i used to be a spriter in pokemon reheated, i could send you the rom hack we used to have
Availability: some hours during the afternoon, my timezone is Horario de Brasilia
What you want to do for this hack: i want to show how much i am capable of spriting, and show you the best sprites at the end of the game
Favorite Pokemon: galade, i cant wait to OR AS when there will be the MEGA GALADE
xD

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
ScottyBoyyy, and Star Swirl The Bearded, you're both in! Also, ScottyBoyyy, I see you viewing this thread as I type...

Also, I've made a map with the names of the places.
i89kmF9.png

http://imgur.com/i89kmF9
Tell me if any of the town/city names are from other hacks already.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 4, 2014
Thanks man, i cant wait to help this hack to be greater then pokemon light platinum and pokemon glazed. can you send me a pm telling me the work i ve got to do? at least tell me more about the hack
K

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Thanks! I'm glad to be in. So, you've got a basic storyline...hmm...I'll change a few things. I'm making the mother the 3rd Gym Leader.
Could you guys put your real names below? I'll chuck them in as the Gym Leaders.
36 Gyms? I'm afraid not. That's not how Pokemon works. You could do 16 Gyms over two regions...maybe switch the ROM to HGSS, that engine definitely runs 2 regions. Maybe, divide the two main regions into two and install the second island as purely storyline and maybe make Aqualine City a Gym for the first League and Breesea City a Gym for the Second League.

So Jirachi's the main legendary? I think the best choice would be to make it to do with the sun. I know! The main legendary is Arceus. And you get the Mind Plate in Sunshine and the Dread Plate in Moonlight.

Another reason to switch to the HG/SS engine would be because of the day/night mechanics. You could also get it on the D/P/Pt engine but HG/SS would work better. Like I said, though, I have no idea how hard it is.

That's what I got for now.

Kenny1

On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skil
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Thanks! I'm glad to be in. So, you've got a basic storyline...hmm...I'll change a few things. I'm making the mother the 3rd Gym Leader.
Could you guys put your real names below? I'll chuck them in as the Gym Leaders.
36 Gyms? I'm afraid not. That's not how Pokemon works. You could do 16 Gyms over two regions...maybe switch the ROM to HGSS, that engine definitely runs 2 regions. Maybe, divide the two main regions into two and install the second island as purely storyline and maybe make Aqualine City a Gym for the first League and Breesea City a Gym for the Second League.

So Jirachi's the main legendary? I think the best choice would be to make it to do with the sun. I know! The main legendary is Arceus. And you get the Mind Plate in Sunshine and the Dread Plate in Moonlight.

Another reason to switch to the HG/SS engine would be because of the day/night mechanics. You could also get it on the D/P/Pt engine but HG/SS would work better. Like I said, though, I have no idea how hard it is.

That's what I got for now.
32 Gyms ARE possible in GBA roms you know, just require some ASM.
DayNightSeasons(or just DayNight) also exists for GBA.
So switching to HG/SS isnt necessary.
Btw, Fire red has the 7(I think) islands that have town map entries, so FR could support 2 regions(atleast).

Chabba

***** Raper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
I can help with a things like maps, trainers, evolution, day and night, text, scriptng(just a little because I'm beginner in scripting). Can do it weekends and mornings, (I don't know which time zone is in Bosnia), now it is 8:40. So:
Skill(s):work in over 20 hacking programs and scripting beginner
Proof of Work: I didn't make any hack that is uploaded, but i maked some for own fun.
Availability: Weekends, and mornings (11:00-12:30 forum time)
What you want to do for this hack:whatever I can
Favorite Pokemon: Gengar and Darkrai

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Ok like I said I have no idea about how it works. 32 Gyms is a little overkill tho. Unless you're splitting it into 4 regions. No one would conquer the region in relatively short time. However it's your choice, you're the scripter.

So anyway Ill stick with what I'm good at. On the subject of Team Sun/Moon, I had an idea. A tower that instead of having a bell, it has a Bronzong. And in the story, the Bronzong is distressed by Team Sun/Moon and that's when the player finds out about the villains. What do you think?

Also sorry if I got off to a bad start with you guys. I know how pretentious I must sound coming in and changing stuff. And I apologise for that.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
Name:JohnHenryC
Skill(s):Experienced Mapper, Basic-pro Scripter
Proof of Work: I can send some if u want
Availability:Often avaible around 9-11 pm and weekends (TIMEZONE: UTC +1)
What you want to do for this hack: I would like to do some mapping and working on making the game so expanded as possible
Favorite Pokemon: (Not required) Too many to chose from.. ;) but if i had to choose i would pick Gengar

Kenny1

On a break from Rom hacking, to improve other skil
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Chabba, and JohnHenryC, you're in too!
ScottyBoyyy, you're making good ideas, and, I guess I could have four regions or two with 16 each... Where would the Bronzong tower be in the first region?

Does anyone think we can use any of my old sprites? I was gonna make a Pokemon Pink/Purple/Violet Version, but, I changed it to this.
sjCK5BP.png

I think those are good, I think we should have 4 regions with 8 GYM's each.

Chabba

***** Raper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2015
we should make group on fb or somwhere else tht we can do it secretly (someone can steal our ideas). btw wobuffet do you know scripting?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
Agree with Chabba think FB will be best conversation place. Send private message with FB name to ev1 in TEAM so we can join.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
Name: BlackStorm20x
Skill(s): Pokemon Inserter (Pokemon Battle Sprites, PokeDex info, Party Sprites, etc.)
Proof of Work: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/7fxy1gj4nb8ty7q/yoyoyoyoy.wmv (Used this for other applications. Ignore some stuff.)
Availability: Fri. 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Sat: 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM Sun: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM CST (School. Plus I'm on a few other teams, but I'm only working on one right now.)
What you want to do for this hack: Make it awesome.
Favorite Pokemon: Infernape

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
BlackStorm20x, you're in, and, before we start, we really need tiles! If we don't have tiles, we can't make maps, and NPCs need to be on the map with scripts too! I need a jungle, desert, normal land, and snowy tileset, also maybe an underwater tileset with tall seaweed.

I am testing scripts right now.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
I was thinking put the Bronzong Tower in a town with/nearby to the Gym that is around level 35, because the nearby Pokemon will be level 30-32. So, Gym Leaders and Elite Four. I propose that we use our names as the Elite Four/Champions (whether we use the 2 regions of 16 or 4 regions of 8) and fill the remaining spots with random names.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
Hey, team I think we should move our disscussion elsewhere so our ideas dosent get stolen. Chabba and me have created an secret fb group for disscussion of this project. Please send me or chabba a PM with ur FB name n whereabouts, so we can get in touch better. Looking forward to working on this project!!

Back