• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Say I was playing pokemon sapphire on my computer and I wanted to send some of my pokemon over to my heartgold game, also on the computer. Is there some sort of program that can do this????

umbreonandme

Dark Pokemon Master
Years
Has anyone heard of No$Zoomer? It is almost full speed, but I can't really tell much of a difference of speed between the emulator and an actual DS.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2011
go to options, emulation set up, and change the nds file save type to 512 flash. save the options and restart the emulator. thats what has worked for me.

Hey I did this except once I've finished talking with Professor Oak and my sprite shrinks down, the screen goes black, what do I do?

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
I keep having trouble with SS/HG being extremely slow on NO$GBA, is it running 3D in the background or something? Any codes I can use to speed it up? Only getting 70% speed right now when all my others run at 300%+.

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
Soul silver/heart gold No$gba

I have 2.6 no$gba, and i tried playing soul silver but a fatal error came up saying
"Undefined opcode - with no debug vector defined" Any solutions?

Years
Lol uh little bit of help here if you don't mind.....I've been reading through this thread and a couple of others looking for a fix to my latest problem they seem endless lol

anyway I followed some of the advice posted here in this thread and started saving and then exiting right before the crash (this window of time is extremely small). Problem is I think the game baited me or something lol.....I was doing the usual save and getting ready to exit and I missed, but it didn't crash exactly after, and I still closed it thinking hmmmm. Sure enough I reload and now the moment I try and load my game (click on my save file) click continue, it crashes.

I'm running no$gba through wine on a mac which in of itself took about 16 hours of hair pulling, and troubling shooting, so I'm at my wits end with this lol. I tried using eNDryptS, and the patch neither are loading. Some exe. files work some don't, so a PM or something would nice lol.

Years
ok this is pretty annoying I discovered a 2 step noob friendly solution to this problem I'm trying to post and share with everyone else but it wont let me, there no URL links in my post either but w/e o well I guess

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Hello! New member but, not new to the forums.
Anyway, I have always played hack games from this site for the GBA games.
I just download desmume-0.9.7-win32 and a Pokemon Heart Gold ROM for the first time.
My problem are the follow: I can save the normal way Shift + F1 which will save my game as it remains open but, if I have to close the Desmume, I have to say "Yes" to "Some files extracted from desmume-0.9.7-win32.zip were modified or new files were created. Do you wish to put them to the archive?" Which if I say "Yes" it will save but, if I don't then it won't save my files. Is this normal?

Then more of my bigger problem is that sometimes after battles (Don't know if after other things as I only just began the game) my character and pokemon will have a box around them and I'll be unable to see them but, able to move. Which will then cause my screen to go black once I start an event. How do I solve this? (I do fast forward my game, is this part of the problem? I can't stand playing at normal speed.)

New problem now... Some of screen will be blacked out either, areas unable to go through or my battle screen which fill freeze after the fight. UGH!!! Should I just try a new ROM?
(If another ROM is needed, can someone give me a link? Not direct link to an English Rom, just in general. I keep finding ROMS from before English Release)
Thanks guys! [:

Last edited:

PokémonMaster29

Advanced Technician
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
To Everyone:

Playing Pokémon Soul Silver on an emulator is not a good idea. Pokémon Soul Silver has a code embedded onto it so that it can't be emulated properly. None of the DS emulators are perfect, and all of them have many glitches. For example:-

No$GBA Always crashes randomly
No$Zoomer Always crashes randomly
DeSmuME Too slow
iDeaS No sound
Entasta Does not work completely

I suggest if you really want to play the game, buy some cheap Pokémon Soul Silver on eBay for around $20 AUS.

Pingouin_7

I can't believe no-one has mentionned the Anti-Piracy patch for HG/SS so far.

It plays smooth and looks great.. however it runs at like 10-20 FPS which is truly unplayable.
"Plays smooth"?
Doubt it, it runs at 10-20 FPS.

But it still depends on the actual No$GBA it uses as base
But didn't NO$Zoomer only work with 2.6a?

Hello! New member but, not new to the forums.
Anyway, I have always played hack games from this site for the GBA games.
I just download desmume-0.9.7-win32 and a Pokemon Heart Gold ROM for the first time.
My problem are the follow: I can save the normal way Shift + F1 which will save my game as it remains open but, if I have to close the Desmume, I have to say "Yes" to "Some files extracted from desmume-0.9.7-win32.zip were modified or new files were created. Do you wish to put them to the archive?" Which if I say "Yes" it will save but, if I don't then it won't save my files. Is this normal?

Then more of my bigger problem is that sometimes after battles (Don't know if after other things as I only just began the game) my character and pokemon will have a box around them and I'll be unable to see them but, able to move. Which will then cause my screen to go black once I start an event. How do I solve this? (I do fast forward my game, is this part of the problem? I can't stand playing at normal speed.)

New problem now... Some of screen will be blacked out either, areas unable to go through or my battle screen which fill freeze after the fight. UGH!!! Should I just try a new ROM?
(If another ROM is needed, can someone give me a link? Not direct link to an English Rom, just in general. I keep finding ROMS from before English Release)
Thanks guys! [:

Y U NO use in-game saves?
Using save states makes your game prone to weird glitches like that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
Is there a fix for the trainer freezing in HG? Its (U) version.

Im using desmume wi-fi enabled x86.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
Guys need working link my game freezes by the point where im about to get the squirtlebottle but when im going to battle a trainer it lags

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
Years
Anyone who has the Black Screen problem after the introduction of the game, add this code below on the cheats on NO$GBA or press F2. Click 'Add,' and enter the cheat code. After that, tick the Action Replay and RAW.

Pokemon HeartGold (U) black screen fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U) black screen fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
I've been using the fix that is on page 14 I think and it works perfectly but, I have one problem. I'm at the lake of rage and I captured the red gyrados already but, Lance won't show up. Is there a code I can use to make him show up or to progress through the game? I was using an AR code then when I captured him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back