• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid

Years
Guys Icirrus City is undeniably icy during winter. Puddles frozen over, snow covering the city everywhere, I mean it felt really fitting for its name. Granted this season only happens thrice momentarily but I coincidentally reached Icirrus City during that season in-game so I had no qualms about it not being too Ice-type related. I guess Dragon-type in it would be okay 'cause you guys stated good reasons but I had no problem with the local Gym's Ice-typing.

Also I want the idea of version exclusive Pokémon for each Gym Leader to become a reality so much. And Opelucid City getting a Fire/Electric split would be neat but they would probably do it across versions and not in both. Still interesting if they do the imo probable!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think there still will be ice gym in Icirrus. That would make even more sense in B2/W2. If you look at "frozen" Unova map, Icirrus has something to do with ice. So, I think in Icirrus, we might learn about Kyurem being powerful ice-type who caused Icirrus to have snowy environment during the whole year - that would make Icirrus being snowy regardless of in which season player arrives there. In post game, after Kyurem's ice is gone, Icirrus would go back to it's normal seasonal environment.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I too think that the ice gym will stick in Icirrus even though I'm not all that sure Brycen will still be the gym leader. Personally I'll like him to move up to the E4, and get a new gym leader, perhaps a girl so that our number of ice gym leaders will be even by gender.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I think there still will be ice gym in Icirrus. That would make even more sense in B2/W2. If you look at "frozen" Unova map, Icirrus has something to do with ice. So, I think in Icirrus, we might learn about Kyurem being powerful ice-type who caused Icirrus to have snowy environment during the whole year - that would make Icirrus being snowy regardless of in which season player arrives there. In post game, after Kyurem's ice is gone, Icirrus would go back to it's normal seasonal environment.
True, I don't really think GF will move Brycen over anywhere else. To be honest, none of the gyms need to move desperately. I'm fine with where the gyms are placed, but I'd like for Icirrus to have more icy effects like you mentioned with Kyurem and all.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
The reason that I thought that Opelucid should have a dark/psychic split is because those are typically the dark and light types so the gym design wouldn't technically have to be changed, as it focuses on black and white, and plus it goes with the split theme of the city.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
The reason that I thought that Opelucid should have a dark/psychic split is because those are typically the dark and light types so the gym design wouldn't technically have to be changed, as it focuses on black and white, and plus it goes with the split theme of the city.

I doubt Opelucid Gym will have another type. I think dragon gym will have connection to Kyurem's dragon typing, the same like ice gym in Icirrus will have connection to Kyurem's ice typing. Also, Black Opelucid is fitting to Black Kyurem's electricity (modern energy) and White Opelucid is fitting to White Kyurem's fire (ancient energy).

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2012
Almost positive we will see another Steel type gym.

But where would it be? I don't know, I'm sure they are expanding the region anyways. So probably in a newer city. Probably be a male too.

RudeStyle

Artangels
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
The poison Gym leader has a koffing/weezing.

They have been guaranteed to be in the new game.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Based on the trailer, I think it's safe to say there's some new Gyms, or at least revamped Gyms. Or, maybe both. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

But where would it be? I don't know, I'm sure they are expanding the region anyways. So probably in a newer city. Probably be a male too.

In that steel area we saw uhhh last week! I'd want it to be a female, though, so it relates back to Johto and there are too many men who have ground/rock etc those type of gyms. :(

Cid

Years
Oh right there was that steely area that kinda felt like an industrialized Driftveil City of sorts, it's likely they will place a Steel-type Gym Leader there. Very unlikely for that person to be female but I would love another take on the Jasmine character. I liked Jasmine the most out of the Johto Gym Leaders and also among the Steel-type Gym Leaders, so if they make a female one that's just as awesome, I might just have a new favourite.

If Opelucid does change type, it could be Ice to fit with Kyurem, or Fire/Electric depending on the version. I don't think they'll make Opelucid a gray area at all. After all, the titles are still named Black and White-- they're simply numbered sequels. Although what would have happened to Iris and Drayden, I don't know.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If they're still splitting Opelucid up with each game, I can't see them getting rid of one and having the same leader for both. But what I can see is Drayden retiring, and getting a new Dragon-type leader to replace him along with Iris. :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

In that steel area we saw uhhh last week! I'd want it to be a female, though, so it relates back to Johto and there are too many men who have ground/rock etc those type of gyms. :(
Agreed. For once I'd like to see a female Gym Leader who's hardcore like Maylene, but just not with the Fighting types. Steel would be great though.

@Toujours ; I could see Drayden retiring, but I hope he still has a placement in the game and storyline. He did give us information about Zekrom and Reshiram and you would think after two years, he'd have known more about dragons like Kyurem.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I think they are going to move Brycen as well. He didn't really seem to "fit" with everyone. Maybe he's off researching Kyurem?
"Fit" with everyone?

I'm starting to think that Brycen might be replaced and made into an E4 (seeing how every odd gen has had an ice e4) so maybe the new gym leader could be a steel or possibly a rock gym to go with the DragonSpiral tower being a ruin.
Brycen be promoted sure is a possibility, but I don't see Dragon Spiral as ruins. And if they wanted something in the area to draw back to Rock or Steel gym they could just use Twist Mountain Mining.

I'm hoping for a still gym as well.

I have a feeling it may be in Driftveil or maybe Burgh was either replaced or relocated, because he didn't feel in place at Castelia.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

@Toujours ; I could see Drayden retiring, but I hope he still has a placement in the game and storyline. He did give us information about Zekrom and Reshiram and you would think after two years, he'd have known more about dragons like Kyurem.

What if, instead of a Gym Leader role, he had a role similar to Eusine? Since he gave information about the two main dragons, maybe he could be reappear researching Kyurem and help lead the player to it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A steel female gym leader is a great idea, we need more steel gym leaders. I would like if she wore metallic clothing, maybe a futuristic style...she could be a model like Elesa.
Drayden will proably retire leaving Iris in both games.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

What if, instead of a Gym Leader role, he had a role similar to Eusine? Since he gave information about the two main dragons, maybe he could be reappear researching Kyurem and help lead the player to it.
Yeah I could see that happening. Would be nice to battle him though.
A steel female gym leader is a great idea, we need more steel gym leaders. I would like if she wore metallic clothing, maybe a futuristic style...she could be a model like Elesa.
Drayden will proably retire leaving Iris in both games.
If there is a futuristic steel type Gym Leader, I can only see one being placed in Opelucid to be honest (the Black version). Then the dragon type gym would have to move and I'm not sure how that would work out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Yeah I could see that happening. Would be nice to battle him though.

If there is a futuristic steel type Gym Leader, I can only see one being placed in Opelucid to be honest (the Black version). Then the dragon type gym would have to move and I'm not sure how that would work out.

Why not have the futuristic steel leader in the area that has lots of steel? :( Opelucid reflects future/past yeaaah, but unless there's a uh, what's the word, vintage steel leader doubt it. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Why not have the futuristic steel leader in the area that has lots of steel? :( Opelucid reflects future/past yeaaah, but unless there's a uh, what's the word, vintage steel leader doubt it. XD

Like a space center kind of gym? 8D
That would be epic. Instead of an airport, maybe Skyla's gym be a space center now! (idgaf what the map shows I want a space center there. D<)

Maybe in the more futuristic game there's a Steel gym, and in the "honor the past" game there be a Rock type gym! Like all fossil excavation kind of thing.

blue

gucci
Years
Again, another rumour but:

New Gym Leader: Sutebia (Stevia)

Stevia is also a genus name for a bunch of plants related to sunflowers.

Does this seem real enough I mean it would tie in with the water gym leaving a fire gym leader to be revealed later down the line maybe in a couple of days but again which would relate to the Striaton Trio, it's just rumours currently & no confirmations yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back