• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Into the Great Open Blue [OOC]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
H3z7fb8.png

[Take Off]

Foreword

For the past year since I'm writing this I've busied myself with more personal projects than RPing, along with a bit of soul searching. I had the desire to do something productive with my time, such as writing my very own short stories and possibly books, and so for a year I kept away from the project that has evolved to be the RP you see before you. Times, however, have changed for me. Life gets in the way, and it's become so that I can't wholly focus on my personal projects anymore due to my occupation. I missed RPing and its simple, fun nature. There's nothing quite like writing a story with other people, as long as they walk the same yellow brick road as you. What you write resonates with them. There's always an echo from their part. A voice. I return with this RP to enjoy those people's voice, and to make sure they enjoy mine.

Introduction to the Open Blue

For centuries, the Known World has been ruled by a single government body called the Order of the Thousand Arms; religious in nature, they have united most if not all nations under the banner of the One Faith to Arceus, in the name of peace and safety. A highly corrupt and authoritarian regime, its limbs have reached far into each nation that is rooted in the One Faith, and after hundreds of years the indirect control they have instilled is subtle, but absolute, and terrifying to those who get to witness it. Their primary and most prominent tool for attending to all their international affairs is the ANF, which stands for Avian Naval Force, a military air force with the mission to protect and serve. The common citizens of the nations which the Government encompasses believe that the ANF is the supreme force of all that is good, righteous and noble, as it serves to protect them all from criminals, and generally agree that the members of the Order of the Thousand Arms are their saviors.

So, who stands against them? Air pirates. The label has been broadened by the government-owned media to include not only criminal pirates, but rebels as well. All those who disagree with the ways of the Government are to be hunted down viciously and be killed or put in jail. To be an air pirate does not necessarily require you to be violent and break the law. The pirate has evolved from a simple criminal to a symbol of freedom and revolution against a totalitarian regime that is deeply rooted into the Known World. Those who live on the deck of an airship, outside the Government's law, are either vultures, or abide by another set of laws: the laws of the Pirate Alliance, the union under which all anarchists and revolutionaries make their stand. Their overall, unlikely goal is the destruction of the Government.

Storytime: the Elusive Pirate Solo

On a summer morning, in the icy region of Tundara, the floating fortress that was the Marine Headquarters was quiet. No major unrest had been reported; just the usual Pirate Alliance trouble in Carajol Sea. Everything was under control. The Pelipper had brought them a questionable letter, though. A letter from somebody, or a nobody, rather, because no one really knew who he was, calling himself Solo. This letter, he wrote, is the herald of my coming. Lay down your defenses and prepare to be taken over. The admirals thought of him as just a madman and turned their attention to other matters. The next day, however, there were reports of strange weather behavior in Carajol Sea; threatening clouds had encompassed a large part of the region for hours, raining so heavily and fiercely that four ANF airships were brought down and sank into the ocean. Such rainfall had never been observed before in the chronicles of the ANF. A few hours later, the ANF HQ received another letter from Solo, who claimed that the storm was merely a test of the newfound strength that the Red Orb, the legendary Artifact said to be tied with Kyogre, had granted him.

Chaos reigned in the HQ.

The Red Orb of Kyogre only existed in tales and children's stories. Yet the evidence was still pointing to its existence, as the unrelenting storm raged over Carajol, with the dark rain-clouds heaving and expanding in the region. In that second letter, Solo claimed that his goal was to conquer the ANF HQ, and subsequently the entire world, destroy the Pirate Alliance and bend the Government to his will. The Admirals had no choice but to admit he was a threat. For the first time in the history of the ANF, someone who had never even been seen was made Public Enemy #1, a spot usually reserved for the deadliest, most savage and most dangerous (especially for the Government) pirate. Fliers with what he supposedly looked like based on his handwriting were given out, and reporters from newspapers flocked over the gates of the HQ to get the public statements from the Admirals and their staff. At normal circumstances, the marines would have dismissed the media, but this time they were commanded by the Order of the Thousand Arms to give the Solo situation specific attention and coverage. As with every Public Enemy, a bounty was placed on Solo's head: a staggering 789.000.000 golden berries for his death, and 150.000.000 for information that would lead to his arrest or death. Supreme Admiral Azimuth Kurt mobilized all ANF forces en masse, and the massive reward on Solo's head sent a wave of bounty hunters after him. Furthermore, there was talk of the Admirals pleading with the Pirate Alliance to get them to start searching, since Solo threatened them as well in his letter.

And so, a manhunt of the likes the world had never seen before began all across the Known World.

The Known World: the Official Map & More

World Map

Spoiler:

Organizations within the Known Worl
d (*incomplete and up to the creativity of players)

Spoiler:

Documented Weather Phenomena (*incomplete and up to the creativity of players)

Spoiler:

What will we be doing in this RP?

In this RP, you will take on the role of an Air Pirate. It may sound simple and straightforward, but there are more reasons to become an Air Pirate besides stealing (or making, depends how you see it) gold.

The definition of 'pirate' is skewed in the Known World, due to it being used to describe a wider group of people than just people who commit crimes at sea & sky: it's used by the Government to brand any kind of revolution against it. The Air Pirates of the Alliance aren't mostly just petty criminals, they are rebels, and some of them are working towards freeing their homeland, wherever it may be, from oppressive control that is supported by the Government, which is a noble goal. Most importantly, the Air Pirates do not respect the Government's law, and instead have their own, the Golden Code of Conduct. Breaking their own code doesn't mean immediate and absolute punishment, though. Remember that they're pirates, they're going to break some rules one way or another.

The crew we are forming is neither necessarily evil or criminal, although they will dabble in strictly illicit activities like plundering deserving targets aligned with the Government, engaging in sky racing through forbidden air space or openly opposing any sort of authority; they'll also be doing a great deal of exploration, as they'll be venturing into unexplored and sometimes even uncharted areas. They will be hunted by the authorities, for good or bad reasons, and they will ally themselves with actual criminals for one reason or the other. More specifically and in terms of roleplay, the general character of our crew is Chaotic Good:

"
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's benevolent when he can. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass which may not agree with that of society."

This goes without saying: your character doesn't have to identify 100% with this, but more or less that will be the general behavior of our crew, and your character needs to be made along those lines.
I understand that this premise is a bit restrictive when it comes to making your character, so I'll be letting the option of designing more types of characters and crews later down the path of the RP's development, when everyone is attuned to their main character. For now, we will focus on one crew.

* If you would like to join as a guest, you can talk to me and we'll try to work something out.

THE BLUE BAND CREW
Spoiler:

* SU FORM:
Spoiler:

OUR SHIP
Spoiler:

THE GOLDEN CODE OF CONDUCT

Spoiler:

VAULTS OF REFLECTION
Spoiler:

ARTWORK
Spoiler:

Rules
1. By default, all PC rules apply.
2. The standard no godmodding or bunnying, unless given permission.
3. This is rated T, for fantasy violence, blood, strong language, romance, etc.
4. Having Discord and being active on our chats is mandatory. Communication is key, as it allows for greater development. Cooperate with your fellow players and discuss the RP.
5. Spell check. Re-read your posts and wrap them up nicely. Our primary goal is to RP, but our secondary goal is to create something worth reading (possibly a second time sometime in the future, by us).
6. New major characters are to be made only with the approval of the GM.
7. You're free to make up NPCs as you like.
8. Be cool about things, and don't be argumentative. Without trust between us the players, the message of the story is void, and made not worth telling.
9. Every idea is up for discussion, except fundamental elements in storyline and setting. As long as you provide good arguments, improvement is what we strive for.
10. Have fun: if you find yourself not having fun for any reason, you're free to tell me, and we'll work things out like polite and civilized people, hm?

Credits & Some Parting Words
To begin with, this RP has been in development for several months, and follows up on former RPs of mine (Age of Heroes, Crimson Dawn) that were designed quite a while ago. Because of storyline complications with those earlier RPs, Type Masteries like Fairy cannot be part of this RP, even though they can exist as types.

Into the Great Open Blue is heavily inspired by One Piece and other such pirate fiction like Treasure Island and AC: Black Flag and is essentially a spiritual successor to Uncharted Waters, an old RP by miltankRancher, who gave me the green light in reviving some of its concepts. Is Into the Open Blue a sequel to Crimson Dawn? Not directly, but we may encounter themes from Crimson Dawn and finally learn of its conclusion. Furthermore, both Into the Great Open Blue and Crimson Dawn are set in the same universe as is Odyssey by SV, and while the events of Crimson Dawn are near the Into the Open Blue time and location wise, the events of Odyssey take place far outside the plane of the Known World described in these two RPs. Shout out to SV for pairing his stories with mine.

To GastlyGibus for his staunch support and friendship. This RP would be nothing without you
To miltankRancher, aka Varys the Galvantula, who created Uncharted Waters and agreed for me to continue it spiritually with this one.
To various artists, which I took the art and music displayed IC and OOC. Special thanks to Motoi Sakuraba, maker of the OST of Golden Sun, which has been a source of great inspiration for this story and generally for me as a person.
To
a former member of our crew, Alby & her character Nim, who departed for unknown reasons.
To easydamus.com for their definition of chaotic good

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Are you ready for me to bring the THUNDER!? Are you ready for the most eye opening act you've ever SEEN!? Ready for the SU of a LIFETIME!? Hide your children, hide your wife, cause this SU is up in this place!
Spoiler:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
WIP, strictly a formality.

Name: Nicholas "Nick" Darcy

Species: Scrafty

Position in the Crew: Boatswain

Appearance: TBA

History: TBA

Personality: TBA

Ability: Moxie

Type Mastery or Artifact: Fighting Mastery

Moveset: TBA

What is the Fifth Tenet of the Golden Code of Conduct?:

RP Sample: TBA

Theme: Burden in my Hand

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Hey guys, glad to have you here! Here goes my SU:

25443239_1758000077552196_5023056689392554020_n.jpg

Name:
"Furious" Jonathan Sawyer, Duncan (alias), Jungle V.I.P. (alias)
Species: Monferno
Position in the Crew: Captain
Appearance:

Jonathan's always got an air of confidence, and you can trust smiles and laughs come easily to him. He's much of what you call a people's person, with a certain unmistakable energy about him - the whole room lights up when he enters. His child-like face and expressions, coupled with his laid back overall demeanor often prompt people to underestimate how much of a criminal he can be;
when angered, he can look scary, and he usually chomps on his hat in order to vent. In his wanted poster, they used the only picture of him that they had, a picture where he's chewing on an ANF hat. Because of his angry appearance in the only picture available, and a flamboyant news article which reported him as "Furious Jonathan", the nickname stuck and was used in the wanted poster, which can now be found all around the world. Folks still believe Jonathan is an unbelievably furious person who has no qualms with eating his hat when things don't go his way.

It's not always true. Jon's case is a calmer person than most, it's just than when his ire is provoked, chaos breaks loose.

A charmer from a young age, and very handsome, his sister once used to tease him by telling him the reason her girlfriends visited their house so often was so that they could see him.

He likes to wear his trademark marine (ironically) blue jacket, and a red sash around his waist. Hidden on the sash is a pouch and his Steam Blade, a sword-like weapon which is deactivated most of the time and thus can be carried around as a hilt.

He occasionally ties a piece of cloth around his left upper arm; if one asks about it, he'll tell the story of how his mentor Adrian helped him mend the first serious wound he sustained during battle, on his upper left arm, by tying linen to halt his blood flow in the region. Tying his upper arm has become a habit to him, as Jon believes the tie signifies the spiritual bond he shares with Adrian.

He might wear sunglasses, if he so fancies.

History:

Jonathan grew up without a father or mother for the first eight years of his life. He was molded into a fighter by the half-wild tribe of Mankeys that lived in Guntama Jungle, Antara, and was involved in many of their wars with their sworn enemy monkey tribe, the Aipoms. Unlike the half-wild mon, he realized he was also adept at using a weapon, usually a bamboo staff. He was somewhat scorned for not using his fists like "normal 'mon did", but despite his age, his ability with a weapon was quickly recognized; Jon had no one to teach him sword play at the time, but he often observed the Megiddo, the human-like egg group Pokemon warriors of the Megistean Empire practice sword play in western Guntama, so he picked up things from them. By the age of seven, he had already started to explore the jungle, as he seemed capable of overcoming the wild on his own, something admirable for his age.

It was during one of his excursions that he discovered a hut in the eastern shores of Guntama. In the hut lived a retired pirate who had gone into hiding, namely Adrian Rochetto, a Slaking with many scars and many stories to tell. He and Jonathan quickly became friends and they spent a year surviving in the jungle, sometimes being involved in the quarrels between the two tribes. Adrian became somewhat of a father figure to Jonathan, and he is the man responsible for Jon's current day fiery, unruly temperament, which is modeled after that of Adrian's personality. Adrian taught him how to speak and write properly, and gave him a name: Duncan. He molded Jon's imagination with stories about pirates and places the little Chimchar had never even dreamed of. He told him tales of how Adrian used to command his own crew, who would soar the skies, taking loot left and right, opposing the totalitarian ANF, and conquering islands where lots of nice people lived, where there wasn't much war like in the jungle, and where technology made life easier. Although young Jon was still half-wild, he longed to meet with this "civilization" that Captain Adrian spoke of. He convinced Adrian to become a pirate again, stop hiding from the Government in his mud hut and reassemble his old crew, so the pirate took him to his home island, Modistra, in Carajol Sea.

In Modistra, Jonathan made an impression as a lovable troublemaker but also capable fighter. A young Chimchar who wielded a staff and had a similar style to the Megiddo warriors wasn't the common type of character they saw on the island. As if all the planets aligned, by a huge coincidence he attracted the attention of his father, the world-famous Frivolous Explorer, Isaac Sawyer, who happened to pass by the island. Their resemblance was unmistakable and undeniable to everyone on Modistra, both in appearance and demeanor. They recognized each other as family very quickly and without much doubt.

Jon discovered he had a sister, too, one that he liked to play and discover new things with. Isaac formed a friendly bond with him and Captain Adrian and decided to purchase a manor and make Modistra his home, so that Jon could be near his friend. A few years later, Isaac took Jon back to Guntama in search of his mother, who had been trapped there because of the difficulty of leaving the region because of the Far Across Zones, a weather phenomenon which bars the sky and sea in certain areas. Isaac remarked that 'if he had known they were there before, he would have sought them out many, many years ago'. Despite the tough circumstances in Guntama during that time, they were able to get Jon's mother back with them; Jon had never met her before in the jungle, nor did he know she was there. As a child, he had never thought much about who his parents were. And he never got to know the full story as to why he was born in Guntama and why his mother was there but she never took care of him. This, combined with the fact that his mother had memory lapses in which she forgot who he was, has led him to believe later in his life that his mother never loved him, and without knowing the reason to why, his feelings about her have become tangled.

Back in Modistra, Jon's mother was examined by Dr. Milo, the doctor of Captain Adrian's crew, who determined that the gaps in her memory were due to a disease she had. As the years passed, her condition worsened, and Jon begun wondering if his mother ever loved him, because she forgot who he or his friends were most of the time, while she never forgot his sister, who was especially close to her. As Jon and his sister grew into their teenage years, they were each tutored separately in different paths. Jon wanted to learn (officially) how to fight with swords, so his father hired a master of the Steam Blade from Antara to teach him swordplay. His sister, on the other hand, was interested in business, so Isaac helped her build her own little empire of businesses across Carajol by funding them with the immense wealth he had accumulated as an explorer. The family traveled a lot, especially between cities in which they had a house in, like Liverte, Aerdom and Myrdraeron, and lived for a couple to several years in each. Sometimes, the family was separated, and that struck a gap between the siblings. In their later years, after their first few years in their twenties, Jon and his sister had become so much different as people that they did not like each other's company any more. However, the lessons of family values that their father had made sure to teach them stayed with them, and despite their frustration, they quietly supported each other.

One striking difference between Jon and his sister is his fascination with pirates and their legends of old. His life was given color by the idea of him captaining his own ship one day and having his own crew, exploring the world and possibly doing some plundering too, but as he grew up and after his mother and sister beating him up about it, he thought that his dream was more likely to stay a dream, and he took the safer solution that they offered him: a servant in theirs and other rich people's households, simply a part time job to teach him what it is like working hard. They hadn't had any complaints, but Jon knows he is destined to set sail one day and be captain.

Personality:

Having grown up in a community of half-wild Pokemon, Jon is thought to be half-wild by those who don't know him any better. Always loud, upbeat and with a quick temper and a vengeful fury, he already has the makings of a captain from a young age. Despite his quickly shifting moods, he smiles most of the time and is resilient to tight conditions, toughing them out. He is an assertive extrovert; he can make friends out of strangers he's never seen before in a few minutes, yet also prefers to keep a select few people close; most of which belong to his crew. With the people he holds dear, his communication is excellent as he seeks to understand them in a personal level and ensure that everyone is kept content and treated fairly. With strangers who might be dangerous, though, he is not as straightforward, and deceiving them if need be comes easily to him. His jovial and youthful demeanor often attracts onlookers and listeners and as a result, he is able to connect to those people very well, and is always popular, especially with girls.

Challenge is where this Monferno thrives in. From a young age, the environment he grew up instilled a strong desire for self-improvement in him. His relaxed and laid back attitude drops when he is facing a strong opponent that could pose a serious threat to him or his crew. When pushed, he gets reckless and greedy. But his fearlessness is a great boon, and when he combines it with his cunning, he is the one to pull off the craziest trick he can think of to get out of a tough situation, and usually plunge right into another one.

Since he was integrated in civilized society, he has always seemed simple-minded and perhaps dumb to strangers. Until recently, he was a servant of rich people in Modistra's layer of aristocracy, and generally a person with humble occupations for all of his life in civilized society. Despite this, he has shown rare signs of a tactical and imaginative mind, paired with a fair sense of judgement and greater insight than those who glance at him for the first few times would think of. In his very essence, he is a kindhearted person who loathes to harm people who have not and cannot harm him. The members of his crew are the ones to experience his purity of heart first hand; he is tremendously faithful and loyal to them, and he readily trusts them with his life.

Ability:
Iron Fist
Type Mastery or Artifact:
None of these at the moment.
Moveset:
Power Up Punch, Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Counter, Acrobatics, Assist

Theme: DON'T STOP ME NOW!

Last edited:

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
If I want to be a 'Psychic' then do I have to be a psychic-type? Or do I have to just be some smart person who knows about Astronomy and your Airship's power core?
This will probably take me an hour to read and write.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
If I want to be a 'Psychic' then do I have to be a psychic-type? Or do I have to just be some smart person who knows about Astronomy and your Airship's power core?
This will probably take me an hour to read and write.

Your character doesn't have to be a psychic-type, no, but the species you choose for them must have an innate talent for the psychic arts. What I mean by this is, usually the Psychics of the crew, whether they are psychic-type or not, can learn Psychic (helpful list here) or a similar, powerful psychic-type move. An example of a Pokemon who can serve as a Psychic is Golduck. They can learn plenty of psychic-type moves and even though they're pure water-type, their dex suggests a connection to psychic energies. Alternatively, if the species you choose isn't psychic-type and can't learn a psychic-type move, then it must be canon (show or pokedex entries) that they have a connection to unseen energies. The psychic arts of this universe are relatively flexible; it's more or less the standard face of magic, like the Arcane school in D&D, if you're familiar.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Reserve me please! I'll have something up soon

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
Would Dusknoir be considered as a Gunner? Also I do not have Skype (I will never have it) but I would still be active.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I am interested in this RP too. (I have been stalking it for the last couple of days. ;D) Let's see if I can actually get an SU up.

@LennieFrost: Well it seems like as long as you can somehow integrate their role into the Pokemon, it should be fine. But I am not running this, so what do I know?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Would Dusknoir be considered as a Gunner? Also I do not have Skype (I will never have it) but I would still be active.

What for him. said. Dusknoir sounds great, I like the sound of it! As for Skype, that's a bit of a disappointment. It's a great tool for discussion and some very productive chats happen there. But if you don't have it, that's fine, as long as you're easy to reach and active here in PC.

@for him. thank you for your interest! Looking forward to your SU

If any of you would like any additional information or assistance, feel free to PM me

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Ayyyy it's me, dude.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Name: Allen Canders

Species: Grovyle

Position in the Crew: Doctor

Appearance:

Allen wears a once-expensive tie with a shirt over a vest, complete with a torn, battered coat. His clothing is shabby now, with tears across it, dirt everywhere, and a distinct alcoholic smell. Allen himself looks as if he belongs on the streets, or very well near them.

History:

Allen was born in Aerdom, Sonara, into an upper class family. Allen's father was well known and well-respected among the Sonarian nobility, having hosted and attended a variety of public and private fundraisers inteded to promote the Avian Naval Force and the Order of the Thousand Arms. As a military doctor himself, Allen's father expected Allen to follow in his footsteps and serve the ANF faithfully.

Allen had not problems with that. Ever since he was young, he had dreamed of becoming a doctor to help people. Although Allen's father wanted him in the position to assert their family name, to have a steady, respectable income, and to continue in the family legacy, Allen himself was more interested in what he could do for others. Having grown up in a sheltered life, Allen hadn't been exposed to any of the negative talk about the ANF or the Order, so his decision to join was an easy one.

Allen was educated in Tundara's University for Medical Sciences. He had studied rigorously, and was the top in his class. Many of his professors and advisers praised his medical capabilities. After medical school, Allen elected to join the ANF. He had no desire to harm anyone, but he went through the basic training regiment as was required. The training was much tougher for Allen than he anticipated, but he eventually managed to survive and become a full-fledged military doctor.

Once in the ANF, Allen's talents were immediately put to use. He was sent on multiple missions as part of attachments of the ANF, mostly against sky pirates. Allen had seen much conflict, but he never faltered in his duties. He had gained quite a reputation for his medical prowess, with many of his superiors electing to put him more on the front lines. Allen didn't mind. He had developed enough skill to take care of himself on the battlefield, while still tending to those in need.

While with the ANF, Allen had slowly gotten an opportunity to see other parts of the Order, some of which he didn't like. He slowly started to realize that the Order wasn't quite the benevolent, faultless organization he had assumed. He had seen throughout the various assignments with the ANF that they committed questionable acts, some of which bordered on 'atrocities.' He also noticed that some of the sky pirates he fought weren't quite the fiends they were made out to be either. Although he had his reluctance, Allen continued to work diligently for the ANF. He looked past many of their questionable acts by focusing instead on helping those in need.

But as the weeks went by, and then the months, and then the years, Allen found himself less and less optimistic about the ANF and the Order. With each passing year, his opinion of them dropped and dropped. He found himself developing thoughts about whether they were an organization he wanted to be apart of in the first place. He developed tendencies of outright hatred at times toward their deplorable actions. Even helping others, the sacred act for him that always managed to make him smile and be in a good mood, suddenly started becoming sour. He realized that the damage the ANF was causing was so massive, that his helping barely did a dent.

Allen started falling into bad places. He began to drink more. He neglected his duties. He started consuming cola berries. He talked back to superiors. Overall, despite his excellent skills, he was demoted twice, and court marshalled quite a few times as well. But deep down, he knew the ANF would never get rid of him because of the special talents he had, as well as the information he had with him on various experiments he helped conduct.

But Allen was falling on hard times. His one true passion, the passion of helping people, was gone from him. He no longer had a real reason to be where he was. In fact, he thought on it more, and he began to realize he didn't really have a reason to live either. The one act he always loved, the act of helping others, was ruined for him by the ANF.

And so, one day, he left. He left without a word, and he traveled without purpose, without destination, and without reason. His continuous use of cola berry and alcohol dwarfed his senses and damaged his mind. He wallowed away in spouts of anger, sadness, borderline instanity, and drink. Eventually, Allen decided (no doubt influenced by his constant lack of sobriety) that he was better of killing himself. However, no matter how many times he said so, he never could really bring himself to do it. It wasn't entirely that he lacked the stomach to do so, but more like his own arrogance had made him believe killing himself just plainly wasn't something he could accredit to himself for all the work he's done in the past.

His road eventually took him to the Carojol Sea, where he drank himself multiple times nearly half to death, fought various interesting folk, and overall made a name for himself as the area's local drunk. Few, if any, knew of what he once was. Even he himself has all but forgotten that part of his life.

Personality:

Allen is very witty and snarky. But he is also dispiriting, bleak, and has quite a dark humor about him, although he doesn't make it a habit to tell much jokes. Instead, he relies on cynical and sarcastic back-comments. Overall, he's not a pleasant 'mon to be around because he rarely smiles, never looks on the positives, and always seemed to be either irritated or depressed. He is, however, well spoken and moderately cultured. His upbringing in the upper-class of nobility and his education is what he has to thank for that. Yet even so, he has long since abandoned the etiquette for tact and decides instead to speak his mind, for the most part. Having relied on drink and other substances for so long, he has long since disposed of any filter he has had.

Allen does not abhor groups, nor does he prefer necessarily being alone. But he despises personal inquiries, and will often dismiss them by turning the conversation away, lying sarcastically, or making another snark response to dismiss the question. He never envisioned himself as a pirate. He isn't sure if he even classifies himself that way now. But he figures if there was any moderately interesting way for him to die, it may as well be like this.

The biggest development goal I see for him is to alter his outlook on life. Right now, he more or less yearns, almost comically, for death. What I want is for him to find something once more to live for.

Ability: Overgrow

Type Mastery or Artifact: Grass

Moveset: Protect, Quick Attack, Screech, Safeguard

What is the Fifth Tenet of the Golden Code of Conduct?: Be Alert.

RP Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9484813&postcount=415

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Ahhh I am really into this. Here's my expression of interest while I see if I can get an SU up, probably as an engineer or gunner if I can?

EDIT: Out of curiosity, can our character still believe in the One Faith and Arceus but renounce the corrupt institutions involved? Or are they too intertwined for that?

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I'd like to express interest for the position of gunner! Maybe a chespin with the bulletproof ability...

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Name: Nim

Species: Emolga

Position In Crew: Sky Master

Appearance: Nim has a small, tuft of bangs that sweep over her left eye. Just beneath the hair, one is able to make out a small eye patch that she wears over her left eye. The Emolga sports a small, hoop-styled earring in her right ear and wears a crimson red scarf around her neck at almost all times. She completes her appearance with a pair of tiny goggles that she wears on her head. Over her left shoulder, Nim wears a small travel bag that contains various tools to assist her in her job. These include common items like a telescope and compass, to more complex items such as an astrolabe. She also keeps several papers and drawing devices jammed inside in case she needs to start making a map on the fly.

History: Nim was born and raised in the Carajol Sea area. She is the youngest of three siblings and was born into a rather well-off merchant family. Nim grew up living in the eastern half of the Carajol Sea area, where the sight of pirate ships were quite often to her. While her older siblings were quite interested in learning the ways of the trade from their father, Nim had never had any real interest in the ways of the merchant. She often found her father's lectures and way of life boring, and she constantly dreamed of a far more adventurous and exciting lifestyle. Of course, one could not blame Nim for having such a thought process, given where she lived. She was born mostly blind in her left eye, and as such constantly kept it bandaged so as not to damage it any further.

Nim and her family made their home on Seafleet. Given the attraction of the mall, with its various shops, restaurants, taverns and the like, iit was not uncommon at all for Nim to see a multitude of ships coming and going at almost all times. While several of the ships were in fact fellow merchants and Marine ships, there was always the chance of the occasional pirate ship docking at the little port town, and it was on those occasions that Nim found her thirst for adventure and exploration growing to a point where they were practically bursting. She would often spend those days down at the docks, listening to the various crews exchange their stories about how they had managed a rare escape from the marines or about how they were on the trail to a legendary treasure that would surely fill their pockets with an endless supply of gold. Nim became so infatuated with their tales, that she would often slip out of her father's merchant-based lectures, just for the chance to hear an exciting new tale.

Finding her fascination with these pirates and their tales to be a bad influence on Nim, her parents often sought different ways to try and come up with different ways to keep the young Emolga busy so she did not have as much of a chance to sneak down and listen to the latest stories of their adventures. This essentially came in the form of sending Nim to a university and receive a formal education. Initially, Nim was against the idea. She felt that being stuck somewhere, surrounded by books and lectures would be nothing, but a bore. However her tone quickly changed when she had a chance to study something she was not expecting, that being the field of navigation. Quite suddenly, Nim found herself completely enthralled with the subject. She found analyzing and looking over maps to be extremely fascinating. The thought that the entire fate of a journey could be decided based on wind patterns and weather was exciting to her, and Nim wanted to learn as much as she could about it all. Her parents found this harmless at the start. They found it was just Nim engrossing herself in a new hobby. Plus, it kept her away from the pirates and such visiting the Seafleet. They quickly found themselves changing their tune however.

As Nim grew, her parents expected her to "mature" and settle down. Quite the opposite happened. As Nim returned home from the university life, her zest for adventure and the unknown only seemed to grow. The Emolga would often skip out on her family and merchant duties to do some exploring of her own. This usually involved her setting off from the Seafleet to explore some uncharted islands around the Carajol Sea. Nim was often very careful with her exploring, always taking the winds and weather into consideration before setting off on her mini-adventures. For a small time, her parents were often unaware of their daughter's sneaking off to embark in her exploration of the Carajol Sea. Nim was careful to try and keep it a secret as best she could, even going as far as to fake some numbers and figures to make it look as if she keeping busy with the business of a merchant. Her father began to grow suspicious over time when the numbers soon began to not add up properly. It did not take much longer for Nim to be caught, when her father happened to be waiting for the Emolga to return from one of these trips.

Needless to say, this put her and her father at constant odds with each other. Her father was extremely disappointed with the girl, finding it to be a disrespectful method of life when she not only had been lying about her day, but directly disobeying his orders and wishes, choosing to be some sort of would-be pirate as opposed to the more respectable and steady life of a successful merchant. He swore by such a life, saying that a steady coin and secured place in the world would prove to be much more reliable in the end as opposed to that of an unpredictable, and scum-filled pirate life. Nim often argued that such a life was boring, however. She found that her father's life as a merchant resulted in more or less leaving him as a souless husk of an Emolga, and that he no longer had any true zest for life. Her mother often tried her best to calm the arguments between Nim and her father, but most of their quarrels often ended in the two not speaking to each other for often days at a time.

Knowing that she would never truly have the chance to experience life for all it was worth, Nim eventually would come to run away from her home. The calling of the life of a pirate was simply too much for the little Emolga to pass up on, and she knew that she had to get off of that island and finally take her place in the world among the great and heroic swashbucklers. Of course, Nim realized right away that she had one issue in particular stopping her from obtaining that heavily desired life... she had no ship of her own. So, the little Emolga did the only thing she could think of... become a stowaway. Throwing all caution to the wind, Nim climbed aboard a visiting pirate ship that had docked at the Seafleet and before long she found herself finally leaving the home that tried so hard to keep her shackled to a boring and mundane life. Nim had no idea where she was going... but in her heart, she knew that it would be way beyond better than remaining a prisoner in her own home. Nim was not sure just how long she stayed hidden on that pirate ship, but eventually it did come to dock one more time... landing at Modistra.

Personality: An energetic and easily excitable Emolga, Nim has a fascination with the unknown. Naturally curious, Nim is always ready for an adventure to experience new things and challenges. She tends to follow a rule of thumb of never giving up, believing that anything can be accomplished so long as one is truly willing to work hard at reaching a goal. To back up this claim, Nim always puts in all the energy and effort she has into even the most mundane of tasks. Nim cannot stand those who so readily throw in the towel, often going out of her way to try and encourage them to attempt every possible angle when trying to solve their problems.

Because of her energetic nature, Nim is quite the talker and rarely ever sits still. She loves talking to those around her, believing that anyone around her is just a best friend in the waiting. Her hyperactivity tends to cause her to ramble quite often, going as far to completely go off topic from what she was originally speaking about with those around her. Nim also has a tendency to make very odd observations and even make up words, all while playing it naturally... almost as if those around her would know exactly what she was speaking about. She tends to be quite... bouncy under most circumstances. The only time Nim seems to truly come to a standstill is when she is sleeping, and even then her ears and/or tail have a habit of twitching. Much to dismay of those usually around her, Nim is quite gullible, often being fooled easily into believing the most wild of stories...

Nim's dream of becoming a pirate revolves around exploring every nook and cranny of the world. She wants to go down in history as the pirate that found many lost relics and civilizations, all while making a grand map of the world along the way. She dreams of her name being spread around in various taverns and ports, becoming something of a legend among those of both pirate and civilian lifestyles. Most of all, she hopes that accomplishing this goal will allow her to be taken more seriously and gain her the respect she yearns for on a daily basis.

Ability: Static

Type Of Mastery Or Artifact: Flying

Moveset: Electroball, Pursuit, Wild Charge , Light Screen

What is the Fifth Tenet of the Golden Code of Conduct?: Be Alert!

RP Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9223090&postcount=7

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Alright, done! I really hope you don't mind the way it's written- and hopefully you enoy it :D

ssSiALD.png
Name: Frag. Can never understand purpose of second names, is people like gun model or something?

Species: Chespin. Frag wonder why he not evolving yet... Maybe late bloomer, yes?

Position In Crew: Gunner!

Appearance: Frag is mean machine bean of sexy, yes? Maybe got it from father. Or mother. Or both! Hah! Best joke! Also, don't touch bag. Frag will cut your hand.

History&Personality: Frag has little care for past. Past is pointless and irrelevant. Just like rubble from big explosion, haha! But if you friend want to know, Frag will tell you. Come, come, sit! Frag don't bite. Pass drink, Frag tell better story when un-thirsty, yes? Now, where to start...

Ah, yes, first memory of kid Frag is in Antara. In prison. Yes, is true! Since when borning is crime? I know, right? Maybe is. Frag never read prison rule book anyway. Antara is ugly place, people also ugly, laws must be ugly also. Mother was boomed up by prison guard, maybe, Frag never see her. He probably one of those killed when- Wait no, that comes later, yes. So, young Frag spend all little boy life in prison, yes? Get in trouble sometimes, prison fight, yadda yadda, very fun, very happy. Other boys in prison not like me, think Frag speak weird, yes? Frag say, "your face look weird, haha!" Get it? Because face of boy look weird when brain exploded out of head. Best joke, I know! Guards not think that.

After, when Frag get bigger, guards move to bigger prison. Name was- haha, still remember it, best name- 'Child Correction Facility.' Best joke, yes? Person who gave name should become comedian. Inside carrot-tion facility, they try to teach Frag lessons! Can you believe! I know, me too! Crazy, yes? But in the end, Frag teach them lesson, haha, get it? Because Frag made them all explode to death? Haha, best joke, yes? You are very good listener, friend, Frag appreciate.

After, Frag go away from Antara. -hic- Too many bad memories. Frag very emotional Chespin, yes? So Frag decide to embark in journey. Travel to best place for people like Frag- Osenia. You visit Osenia? Best place, yes? Best drink, best girls, best parties. Is like paradise. With guns. And explosions. Trip was very long and tiring, many months, yes? Travel not friendly to people like Frag. Frag learn some boat tips on there, so not full waste at least. But of course, when in Osenia Frag need to find job. Frag cannot be lazy bum! For one year, Frag work in tavern, yes? Was best job. Frag make good friends there. Some good enemies also. Until everything blew up to pieces. On bright side, Frag now know alcohol not mix well with seed bomb! On dark side, though, Frag now had to pay boss for explosion, yes? Not very fun. But Frag always come up with solution, as always! -hic- Frag very resourceful, with gun and with mind also. One of friends know a captain. Biiiiiig ship- not big and great like this, friend, no, captain monkey's ship is big and greater, yes- and also big crew. Maybe you know- oh, sorry, knew them, the Firemaws. Big angry fire bullies. Big crew of bad people. Bully Frag all the time because he is small. -sniff- I tell them joke about face- they tell me joke with punch to gut. Frag thinks, 'maybe pirate have different joke taste', yes? New to region after all, need to stop thinking like tourist, yes? So Frag spend months, months, making beeeeeest joke ever. Frag study from Firemaw gunner veeery good, yes? See how he handle the guns, see how he handle the bomb, yes? Then... in the middle of the night... Boom. Best. Joke.

...Frag likes to think they also laughing when it exploded. But Frag was laughing, so is what matters, yes? Also, foot fell off. Maybe happened sometime in between. -hic- Very painful, crawled for survival, yadda yadda, pfft. Boring, yes, moving o- oh, you want to see? Is not pretty look. Ladies not like incomplete Chespin nowadays, they only want full Chespin, you know? Haha! Here, look. Is like a big ball of cloth, yes? But underneath is stick. Frag become acrobat, haha! Best joke, Frag the acrobat! But then... Frag hears about golden pirate book! Oh, this book, best book ever! It buy stinky dead foot for soooo much money! See, I tell you, Frag know that pirate have different joke taste. Frag like your taste, you pirates. Frag also like money. Oh, you want to see? No, no, this was long time ago, months, yes? Frag had to use money. If not, bullies come back for it. Frag best economist - invest in best resources. Like explosion. No, not kidding, is right here- artifact of the explosion! Oh, come on, you know -hic- Frag not going to use. Probably. At least is keeping bullies away. That, and massive distance between this place and Osenia. Can never be too safe, yes? On good side, Carajol very pretty place. Best food, also best guns. Frag only been here for week, though. Maybe your ladies can convince Frag to stay more yes? Ha! And then after that... ah... maybe tell you about the time Frag ate a seed bo- Hey, is you listening? Hello? Why you leave? Frag said not going to use artifact!

P-personality?! Excuse you, you talking to boy Frag, not girl Frag. Is you looking for fight or what?

Ability: Bulletproof, but Frag think is Bouffalant crap. This foot not come off on its own, yes?

Artifact: Explosion artifact. You want demonstration? No? Okay, let Frag show, at least. Is marvel of universe. No wonder they so expensive. Is like a crystal, but with a big boom trapped inside. It want to get out so bad, but crystal not let it. Crazy how nature do that, yes? What you mean, 'unsafe'? No, no, Frag keep artifact perfectly fine! You tell me, any place more secure than inside bag of bullets? Hmm? Hmmmm?

Moveset:
  • Seed Bomb - Short range boom.
  • Pin Missile - Long range boom.
  • Fling - Think fast!
  • Bullet Seed - You can outsmart Frag, but you can't outsmart bullet.
What is the Fifth Tenet of the Golden Code of Conduct?: Wait wh-what is thIS AN EXAM FRAG NOT PREPARED FOR THIS

RP Sample

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Thanks to everyone who's showing interest! You can apply as any of the following that you want: Gunner, Engineer, Sky Master, Psychic. Oh, and a reminder: I would like to be done with the Sign Up process exactly a week from now, since we're eager to start working on the IC. Either way, you all do your best <:

@Sweet Dreams for sure, it's very possible to be part of the One Faith and denounce the corruption within the organization of the religion. Generally, all it takes for you to be part of One Faith is to believe that Arceus was the start of all; in this sense, most 'mon in the Known World, and I bet some of our crew members, will be part of the One Faith, maybe at varying degrees of religiousness and strength of faith.

@Foxrally that drawing looks awesome! Ohh, sweet. To answer your question, since Chespins can't learn Spiky Shield, it would follow that yours couldn't either. We could work something out, though, since it's a bit of a special move; perhaps it was taught to him by a Chesnaught, and you'll have to explain that bit in his History section. You would also have to explain how a Chespin is physically able to use Spiky Shield - Chesnaughts have a shell-like body with spikes so it makes sense, so how would a Chespin use it? If you can describe how he uses it, I'm game with the move. If that doesn't work out, Protect is an alternative.

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Oooh yes, cool!

Another question though. I'm making a Marowak engineer. Can he wield a spanner in the way normal Marowak would wield bones? Like, use Bonemerang with it and everything. Or would he have to switch to an actual bone if he wanted to use that move?

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Reposting.

Theme: Burden in my Hand

"I ain't here to 'stick it to the man,' I'm not here to rebel, and I'm not here to be your friend. I'm here to make money. Understand that, don't butt into my business, and you and I won't have any problems. And for the love of Arceus, don't touch my toolbox."​

Name: Nicholas "Nick" Darcy

Species: Scrafty

Position in the Crew: Boatswain

Appearance:​

Spoiler:

Nothing out of the ordinary, save for a plain, black cloth wrapped around the shed skin on his waist. Occasionally seen sporting a tool-belt when repairing the ship, but otherwise is a normal, plain-old Scrafty. Frequently seen with bandages, mostly on his fingers and hands from splinters.

History:​
The first-born son of a modest family in Liverte, Sonara, Nicholas learned at an early age that if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. While he wasn't exactly poor, his family was one that worked hard just to make ends meet. In the end, they had a modest living, and one which Nick was grateful for.

As a child, Nick was never very outspoken. He kept to himself, only making a few friends with some shadier 'mon who tended to skirt on the edge of legality. Though they never truly did anything illegal - seeing as they were young and only making trouble - they had various run-ins with law enforcement and other figures of authority. Nicholas was very much the bully of his peers during youth, with him and his gang pushing the other kids around for fun.

When his father took note of his behavior, he encouraged Nick to try and take up a more wholesome hobby, and what better hobby than the family business of woodworking? Nick's father took him under his tutelage and taught him the finer ways of crafting. Nick took to it like a fish to water, and soon enough began making all kinds of projects and crafts, his father even selling them in their family shop and letting Nick keep the profits. Over time, Nick began to abandon his rebellious habits, pouring his stress into his work and being happier for it.

For a time afterwards, their family lived in relative normalcy, the family business of woodworking doing enough to supply them with a decent living. Nick began to devote more and more of his time to his woodworking, just as his father, and the business began to grow. The Darcy family took comfort in knowing that, soon, their financial troubles would be a thing of the past.

It wasn't until Nick was 18 years old that trouble reared its head. The Darcy family found their main supplier of lumber go belly-up due to a massive rotting of their wood source. A pest infestation had rendered their lumber supplier useless, and the Darcy family in turn had no one to supply them with new materials. They tried to keep up with imports from other countries, but the costs of importing proved to be too much. Rising costs meant rising prices, and the Darcy's soon found themselves in a stalemate; they couldn't raise prices or people couldn't afford it, but likewise if they didn't raise prices, the cost of importing would remove any profit to be made.

As a result, the business began to decline. Slowly at first, but as their supply dwindled, they found themselves increasingly unable to afford the materials they needed. The family began to fall into austerity, and their quality of life began to fall as well. The family managed to get by, but that was becoming more difficulty with every new day.

Furthermore, as if some malevolent force sought to ruin the family completely, the local pirates of Liverte began to demand more 'protection fees' from the Darcy's. While they had always come to shakedown the citizens for spare coin, their bolder efforts and higher 'fees' soon dwindled what little they had left in their pot to nothing. When they couldn't afford to pay any more, the pirates kidnapped and stole their second child, Thomas, as payment.

With his spirit nearly broken completely and their family situation as grim as it was, Nick became jaded and cynical. He saw that continuing to play by the rules would lead to ruin. Because of this, he turned back to his roots in crime, contacting his old friends who had gotten involved in the seedy Liverte underbelly and dabbling in illegal trading and deals to make extra money for his family. Drug dealing and smuggling soon became second nature to the Scrafty, combining his old skills in intimidation and using the business sense he learned from his family in to firmly establish himself in the criminal underworld.

Soon enough, though, an old childhood friend of Nick's, Jon, had managed to find him after years apart. As they exchanged their greetings, their current situations, Jon gave Nick a lucrative offer: To join him and become a pirate, and make more gold than he could dream of. While the thought of abandoning his family was almost too much to bear, the assurance of a wealthy payoff was worth the trade, in his mind. He joined up with Jon to become a pirate, promising himself and his family that, one day, he'd return with a fortune.

Personality:​
While the phrase "do not speak unless spoken to" is often told to children to get them to behave, it functions as an accurate descriptor of how Nicholas acts. Seldom one to mince words, Nick prefers to keep to himself, keeping himself occupied with work and business rather than idle pleasantries and conversation. if he is spoken to, his responses are brief and straight-forward, sometimes sprinkled with a very sarcastic, dry sense of humor.

It's not as if Nick is completely anti-social, it's just that his trust is hard to earn, and he rarely, if ever, opens up to people he doesn't trust. This can be a help and a hindrance both. As a help, it lends to him viewing any potential situation with a skeptical eye, pointing out any possibility of misfortune or defeat. But as a hindrance, his cooperation is almost non-existent, only working with his crew-members out of necessity and for a common goal, not out of friendship or camaraderie. Though he never seeks to pick fights with allies, his lack of communication often leads to him isolating himself and preferring to work on his own.

What Nick looks for most is respect. For the Scrafty, respect is not given, it is earned, and if one can somehow manage to earn this respect, you'll in turn earn his trust, and in doing so, will find a silent but loyal friend. Of those few he trusts, Nick is very protective, often acting as a bodyguard without meaning to and keeping friends out of trouble if he can help it.

Though silent, Nick is not uneducated. While it may not be book smarts, his time with his family's business and on the streets has allowed him the personal experience and wisdom to do well for himself, despite his relatively young age. When he's level headed, his eye for detail and good judgement make him a valuable ally, though when his anger is stirred, he tends to forgo this knowledge and lash out at aggressors.

Ability: Moxie

Type Mastery or Artifact: Fighting Mastery

Moveset: Payback, Dragon Dance, Sand Attack, Headbutt.

What is the Fifth Tenet of the Golden Code of Conduct?:
Spoiler:

RP Sample: Right here.

Last edited:
Back