• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Ability Pop-up error in Complete Firered Upgrade

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
Well,I'm using Complete firered Upgrade by Skeli and Ghoulslash and ran into a problem (My inability).
How can I activate the Dexnav and Ability Pop-up in the generated Test.gba File? I inserted all neccessary things (nearly) but got stucked in here.....I can clearly see the offsets of Dexnav and ability pop-up in the generated offsets.ini file.If they are already inside my rom,How can I enable these functions?

Every Problem got solved.
But still have a single one left:

The game Freezes when the ability pops up halfway
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Ability pop ups are automatic
Like if intimidate activates, then a pop up will show

Dexnav is just a flag that can be found in config.h
To use it after the flag is set, press right on the start menu

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
Ability pop ups are automatic
Like if intimidate activates, then a pop up will show

Dexnav is just a flag that can be found in config.h
To use it after the flag is set, press right on the start menu

Yes,I found the Dexnav flag,But Ability pop up isn't shown during battles/wild encouters in the Test.gba file

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yes,I found the Dexnav flag,But Ability pop up isn't shown during battles/wild encouters in the Test.gba file

It should show when it activates
Like when intimidate lowers attack and electric surge makes a terrain
And sturdy letting u survive

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
It says

Note: If you just started following this tutorial, ignore this note for now. If you see compile warnings when building a fresh CFRU or Ability Pop-Ups crash your game after the build process is finished, download from this link (https://www.mediafire.com/file/br2xpo14rd2a76c/devkitPro.zip/file) instead. Replace the devkitPro folder created when you installed devkitPro before (likely C:/devkitPro) with the contents of the downloaded archive.

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
It says

Note: If you just started following this tutorial, ignore this note for now. If you see compile warnings when building a fresh CFRU or Ability Pop-Ups crash your game after the build process is finished, download from this link (https://www.mediafire.com/file/br2xpo14rd2a76c/devkitPro.zip/file) instead. Replace the devkitPro folder created when you installed devkitPro before (likely C:/devkitPro) with the contents of the downloaded archive.

Thanks alot! It solved thanks to you.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2021
It says

sorry for bringing this back up. I'm having the same problem but replacing the devkitPro Folder doesn't work, any other ideas?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
sorry for bringing this back up. I'm having the same problem but replacing the devkitPro Folder doesn't work, any other ideas?

What error do you get
Or did you run forget to run python scripts/clean.py
Before make.py

Last edited:
Back